• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson Accommodation

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 | May | Vezelay Camino.....watch this space!

2010 | September | Camino de Santiago in - completed in full - 33 days - no rest days! Was an awesome experience!!
Hi there all

Can anyone direct me to where I can access the Orisson refugio? I would like to book 1night accomm & not sure what it is called and if its got a website etc - appreciate any help.

Cheers
Jacqui

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I assume that if one is walking in mid-to-late March it is more likely they will go the Valcarlos route than the Napoleon Route. Too bad Orisson does not open a bit sooner. :cry:

You could stay at Hunnto which is just a couple of kms from Orisson. The Pilgrims' Office will phone ahead and check if they have space for you.
There is an albergue in Valcarlos if you have to walk the road route - which you might have to do if the weather is bad.
Heard from Grant Spangler via another forum -

Greetings from the Camino. Just crossed into Castilla-Leon and theres snow, snow, snow, big wind and a bit (!) of mud. Staying with Acacio and Orietta, looking out the window at our winter wonderland. Deciding where to go today.
The weather was rather horizonal yesterday. Snow from the north and from the west. All at force ten. Rethinking the Patagonia R2 jackets sent forward to Elyn in Sahagun. We may be picking these up for use before crossing the Mointes de Leon and Cordillera Cantabrica.
Later.

Thank you everyone - I have sent email request for accommodation but given the website does say they're not open until April - I guess I may not hear from them until early March - I would assume they would start taking & acknowledging bookings a few weeks prior to opening :?: Anyway will soon see and I will keep on it - I don't leave Australia until early April so still have plenty of time - I will keep my eyes open :shock: lol

I note the "weather report" brrrrr given the crazy winter Europe is having and that they also had late snow falls end of March 2008, suspect & expecting not so fancy weather for when I commence on 13th April - am planning for snow at the beginning (Pyrenees crossing anyway) and have gone and purchased more layers!! And finally got boots instead of shoes - given I know I'm going to have a lot of rain as well - slippery conditions are NOT ankle friendly, so finally decided on boots for more support! Doing an ankle on the first couple of days will not make me a happy Pilgrim :?

2 months....roll on..... :p

Ciao ciao - Jacqui

P.S. if anyone has Facebook - please search for CAMINO HEARTBEAT that is my page and I will be blogging on that daily whilst I'm doing my Pilgrimage & that is also where my pics will be uploaded. Love to see as many as possible "hit" my page :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Rose

They also speak english, just the websit isn't in english - got a response lastnight - so thank you.

Cheers
Jacqui :D

Hi there all

Can anyone direct me to where I can access the Orisson refugio? I would like to book 1night accomm & not sure what it is called and if its got a website etc - appreciate any help.

Cheers
Jacqui
I just booked a bed for April 15. I emailed them in English and they sent an invoice which I paid with Pay-Pal. With the fees it came to 37+euro for bed, dinner and breakfast. I was able to translate their website to English by clicking on an American flag icon.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back