Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Orisson Albergue

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Damienw

Mr
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francais 2018

Camino VDP / San Arbres 2019
.....And 5 euros for the ticket for the lunch sandwich the next day. No ticket ...no lunch!! But nevertheless the best introduction to the Camino and the pilgrim’s family for the next month! Loved the ‘Steptoe and son’ shower routine which was an absolutely invaluable experience!

habanerocat

Past OR future Camino
2013 Camino Frances
2014 Camino Frances again
2015 The Rheinsteig
.....And 5 euros for the ticket for the lunch sandwich the next day. No ticket ...no lunch!! But nevertheless the best introduction to the Camino and the pilgrim’s family for the next month! Loved the ‘Steptoe and son’ shower routine which was an absolutely invaluable experience!
And the coffee bowls with no handles.

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Via2010

Past OR future Camino
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Don't forget, you are still in France: Traditionally you drink your "Café au lait" from a "bol" (that is what the French call these coffee mugs without handles).

Chihan

Past OR future Camino
Hi,
I’m planning to set off my French way on 8th of Nov. But I’m not sure if the weather is fine?
Is there Albergue open in Nov during the journey of Orisson?

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I
I encountered these bowls all over the LePuy route in the gites at breakfast. They were quite large and wide like American cereal bowls, so the coffee got cold really fast...I was not a fan.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
They’re the traditional ‘bols’ for breakfast in France. We like them 🙂
I like my mugs with handles...fun to drink from and you only need to use one hand, not both! That said, I love France and will happily put up with 'bols'!

Chihan

Past OR future Camino
Hi,
I’m planning to set off my French way on 8th of Nov. But I’m not sure if the weather is fine?
That route is closed in November so pilgrim accommodation is closed. The route via Valcarlos has accommodation in Valcarlos and Arneguy.
Thank you very much. Useful advise

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings