• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson Albergue

mark stevens

Time of past OR future Camino
back on the Frances in May 2022
Hi Guy's,

I just wanted to know if someone else is getting the same problem as me. I am trying to book Orisson for May 21st for 3 people. The site says it has taken my booking but cannot get a reply or conformation etc. very confusing as we defo want to stay there as missed it last time especially were setting off later in the day from SJPP.

thanks
mark

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Do you need to book the alberguies before arrive now? I'm planning to run the camino in spring 2023 but I don't want to have to decide on were to stay until I arrive.

Hi Guy's,

I just wanted to know if someone else is getting the same problem as me. I am trying to book Orisson for May 21st for 3 people. The site says it has taken my booking but cannot get a reply or conformation etc. very confusing as we defo want to stay there as missed it last time especially were setting off later in the day from SJPP.

thanks
mark
It's winter.
They're closed.
Wait patiently or book BORDA which is only 1 k past Orrison.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
According to the website of Refuge Orisson:
  • They are closed until April 2022.
  • Bookings for 2022 are open !!
  • When you start to make a reservation you see that bookings start from 12 April 2022, which I think is new this year, they took bookings from 1 April in previous years.
@mark stevens, check your spam folder. Their business name is SARL Apatha, their confirmation email came from an email address with this name in previous years. I guess it is still the same this year. It is now reservations@refuge-orisson.com. In recent years, people have reported to have received quick replies; the narrative of them not responding for months persists.

Once you have found the confirmation email you have to make your payment; instructions are in the email. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
  • When you start to make a reservation you see that bookings start from 12 April 2022, which I think is new this year, they took bookings from 1 April in previous years.
@mark stevens, check your spam folder. Their business name is SARL Apatha, their confirmation email came from an email address with this name in previous years and I guess it is still the same this year. In recent years, people have reported to have received quick replies; the narrative of them not responding for months persists.

Once you have found the confirmation email you have to make your payment; instructions are in the email. Buen Camino.
Cheers Kathas1na, I'll keep chasing as have had no SPAM. much appreciated :)

Do you need to book the alberguies before arrive now? I'm planning to run the camino in spring 2023 but I don't want to have to decide on were to stay until I arrive.
In general, no. Orisson is a special case though. In the past it was the only place to stay between SJPDP and Roncesvalles. (there's a new place now - Auberge Borda) Orisson only has 28 beds, and they fill up quickly, hence the need to make advance reservations.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
reservations@refuge-orisson.com
use this, they have always replied to me within 24 hrs and the latest was on Jan 11
Thank you, you are right! I now see that I and others posted this already two years ago:

The name of the sender of the email that confirms your booking and invites you to pay used to be Sarl Apathia but it has now changed to:
Their email reply can take a while. Also, check your spam folder.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There's no change for Orisson. It's been common practice for them as long as I can remember.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There's no change for Orisson. It's been like that as long as I can remember.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@mark stevens, check your spam folder. Their business name is SARL Apatha, their confirmation email came from an email address with this name in previous years. I guess it is still the same this year. It is now reservations@refuge-orisson.com. In recent years, people have reported to have received quick replies; the narrative of them not responding for months persists.

I tried doing this but only received the automated reply stating it would be looked at. I tried phoning and was directed back to the the website. They are a little cheaper than Broda, but, as I am travelling with my grandson, I wanted the first two nights to be planned for. Broda replied the following day. I understand that Orisson are closed now, but from a business point of view, surely it would be better to answer the booking emails sooner. I'm sure there must be others like me who have sent in a cancellation email rather tan risk there being no room, when they eventually get to my email. This us not meant as a gripe, but the lack of reply does not help planning, so I'm sure I won't be the only one to have cancelled.

This us not meant as a gripe, but the lack of reply does not help planning, so I'm sure I won't be the only one to have cancelled.
I understand this. I think that they have been doing business like this for years and it suits them. You make a provisional booking on their website and get a first confirmation. Between one day and two weeks or so, you receive the email with the payment details. You pay and then the contract between you and them is final. No refund.

I take this opportunity to add something: Although I noticed that online bookings start only from 12 April this year, it may not mean that they don't open earlier. They may keep the first week of April or so open for walk-ins, due to uncertainty now about the condition of the trail after the winter season. 12 April is the start of Easter week, btw.

In general, I think some of the advice given is based on experiences from way back and no longer accurate. I remember from recent posts that they prefer people to book through the website, not by phone or email. If you have a question, you don't need to google translate it into French, they can manage in English. They seem to deal with booking requests within a reasonable time although having to wait for two weeks can be nerve wracking, I guess.

PS: The gîte Orisson is a small business but they are a business who employs staff. I saw their jobs ad on Facebook recently where they look to recruit staff for serving, for cleaning and for cooking. Maybe they employ someone on a part-time basis to deal with the booking and it's only a day per week or so. We online customers are used to being served immediately and not having to wait for hours, let alone weeks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
PS: The gîte Orisson is a small business but they are a business who employs staff. I saw an ad recently for staff for serving, for cleaning and for cooking. Maybe they employ someone on a part-time basis to deal with the booking and it's only a day per week or so. We online customers are used to being served immediately and not having to wait for hours, let alone weeks.

Well they work hard all summer…If they also had to work every day all winter it wouldn’t be time off to recharge for next season…They will reply every now and then during winter.

they work hard all summer…If they also had to work every day all winter it wouldn’t be time off to recharge for next season…They will reply every now and then during winter.
Sure ... like peasants who work hard all summer and during the dark winter nights they sit in their houses, no electricity and no internet, and carve wooden figures. Or do they go on a well deserved holiday in the Maldives? Let's face it, we don't know why they have the kind of business processes that they have.

They could also add something to the first confirmation email, like: "You will get a further confirmation with payment details within x weeks". Not so hard to do, given how fancy their revamped website design has become.

Last edited:
PS: The gîte Orisson is a small business but they are a business who employs staff. I saw their jobs ad on Facebook recently where they look to recruit staff for serving, for cleaning and for cooking. Maybe they employ someone on a part-time basis to deal with the booking and it's only a day per week or so. We online customers are used to being served immediately and not having to wait for hours, let alone weeks.
That is true! If I had been going on my own I'd have risked the wait (I stayed there on Oct 2020 and had the place to myself!), but I want to break my grandson in gently, by day four, we'll be winging it 😊

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
I requested my reservation January 1st because I was “warned” they take a really long time to reply(closed or open). However, by January 4th I received the link to pay and confirm. They certainly must be checking on reservation requests. I know this doesn't help at all. But just to say its just taking a bit longer. I’m sure younwill hear from them

I booked for 8 Pelegrinos last November through the website and it was confirmed quite quickly,followed by a request for a deposit shortly after that - I should add that I booked for June 2022.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
It took a few days (maybe even a week)after we submitted our request to get a confirmation and invoice. That same email also offered payments options.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
They are known for being slow to respond. A week to 10 days will usually get you a response which may include an invoice.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
It takes them a day or so to send you an email reply with information to pay for your reservation vial Pay Pal.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
They tend to be SUPER slow at replying!!!

very helpful

Good to know. I not plan to be there in the high season. I'll most likely do my camino in May 2023.
May is high season.
In fact the busiest months for pilgrims starting from SJPDP are May and September.
If you want to stay at Orisson or Borda in May you need to book well in advance.

opportunity to add something: Although I noticed that online bookings start only from 12 April this year, it may not mean that they don't open earlier. They may keep the first week of April or so open for walk-ins, due to uncertainty now about the condition of the trail after the winter season. 12 April is the start of Easter week, btw.
When my friend walked in early April 2019 she was advised by Orisson that they weren't taking reservations for the first week or so of April, and that she would need to call when she arrived in St Jean to see if they would be open. As it happens, the weather wouldn't allow for walking the Napoleon Route that day, so she went via Valcarlos.

May is high season.
In fact the busiest months for pilgrims starting from SJPDP are May and September.
If you want to stay at Orisson or Borda in May you need to book well in advance.

When my friend walked in early April 2019 she was advised by Orisson that they weren't taking reservations for the first week or so of April, and that she would need to call when she arrived in St Jean to see if they would be open. As it happens, the weather wouldn't allow for walking the Napoleon Route that day, so she went via Valcarlos.
Ahhhhh the continuing saga of the Orisson reservation response. If people have questions about why they are not responding this must be the Camino forum!!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Hey Mark, guess what?
We'll be there same day\night - my reservation is for May 21st :)
Like Kathar1na said - be patient! I went through the same issue last year...it took FOREVER for them to respond (but then IMHO COVID situation was much worse). It took perhaps 3 days this time around to get my confirmation. If you were able to click on the date on Web reservation and put in a request - chances are you'll get a response (hopefully a positive one) So... have FAITH!
Hope to see you in Orisson (and hat could mean we might be "walking together" for the duration)
Buen Camino!!!!

Here's the thing about Orisson Alb. - they have no urgency. they know they will get lots of people/reservations. They will get to you when they get to you. But they WILL get to you. Now that you know, just relax and wait for them to eventually get to you with a confirmation.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Hi I just booked yesterday for June. They replied the next day. You need to translate the page into English and scroll all the way down the page to complete the form. From what I can see you can the only option to pay was with Paypal. Its a great place to stay!
Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Try downloading the app 'signal' and search for albergue orisson. Then message from there. They do subscribe to it. It's similar to what's app

Try downloading the app 'signal' and search for albergue orisson. Then message from there. They do subscribe to it. It's similar to what's app
I am a regular user of Signal and Refuge Orisson are not on Signal although when using Signal it is possible to send an unencrypted SMS TXT message to their 06 prefix phone number.

I also have a more general concern. I walk solo and stay where I find space. But lately, everyone seems to be reserving spaces in ALBERGUES ahead of time. I don't do that.
Why the concern? You don’t do it, it needn’t concern you.
By the way I’m in your camp. Which means that I occasionally find myself in my sleeping bag in a church porch or one of those unfinished buildings wondering where I can take that needed early morning pee with discretion and without disgrace

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
I am booked in for May 27, 2022. After I sent the request, I received an email which directed me to an online site in order to pay. It took a few days from when I booked till when I heard bac

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am a regular user of Signal and Refuge Orisson are not on Signal although when using Signal it is possible to send an unencrypted SMS TXT message to their 06 prefix phone number.
I also am a regular user and they popped up on my list of users without me going looking for them

I booked in December for May 2022, it did take a few days for them to get back to me and the invoice went to my spam holder.
I paid the invoice vier Paypal.

Well they work hard all summer…If they also had to work every day all winter it wouldn’t be time off to recharge for next season…They will reply every now and then during winter.
I just booked for 25 th of April .. I am sure they will confirm soon ! Generally I don’t book in advance but for this part I prefer to have a good start !!

€60,-
If you want to break the walk on the first day, I suggest you book, as there are only 2 places between SJPDP and Roncesvalles, and not many beds compared to the numbers of pilgrims crossing.
I believe that you have to book Roncesvalles as well now. I generally book the first 2-3 days then the day before after that.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Don’t worry, they will eventually get back to you. I have stayed there twice and booked again for 13 June, it’s a lovely experience and I am confident they will confirm shortly.

You can book at Roncevalles, but you don't have to.
Well, right, you don't HAVE to.
However, considering it's a Holy Year and post Covid, I'd book it.
I have seen pilgrims crying in the foyer because the albergue was full and there were no rooms up ahead. Many ended up going to Pamplona.
Based on my experience booking May, I'd book Roncesvalles, personally, and not take a chance.

Well, right, you don't HAVE to.
However, considering it's a Holy Year and post Covid, I'd book it.
I have seen pilgrims crying in the foyer because the albergue was full and there were no rooms up ahead. Many ended up going to Pamplona.
Based on my experience booking May, I'd book Roncesvalles, personally, and not take a chance.
You are right Annie, and I agree with booking Orisson in advance to remove any worry.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am interested in your words....."run the Camino." As an ultramarathoner myself the thought has crossed my mind. While serving as a hospitalero in Grañón I met a young woman from the Netherlands who was running the Camino. She did it with a very minimal pack (maybe 15 liters?) and was running about 50km/day. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Thanks for all of the ‘heads-up’ … I just made a booking for 1May at ORISSON - it seemed that the previous night may have been booked out-:)
Austin

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
I booked yesterday and got my answer today with the link to Paypal
For the payment .. worked quick and easy

The answers in this thread about bookings made since last November ought to put the myth to rest that they are in hibernation during the winter.

They prefer bookings through their website https://refuge-orisson.com/en/. It is a two step process. Book and eceive immediate email confirmation for your request. Receive payment details within days or within a couple of weeks at the latest and pay. They take bookings for dates from Monday 11 April 2022 onwards.

I emailed them in December. Got a reply acknowledging the request on January 5, then a couple weeks later an invoice which I paid by PayPal.
I booked about a month ago. I received confirmation that they received my request. Then they contacted me about 2 weeks later and I paid for my reservation.
requested my reservation January 1st. By January 4th I received the link to pay and confirm.
I booked through the website and it was confirmed quite quickly, followed by a request for a deposit shortly after that.
It took a few days (maybe even a week) after we submitted our request to get a confirmation and invoice.
I booked yesterday for June. They replied the next day. You need scroll all the way down the email to complete the payment form.
After I sent the request, I received an email which directed me to an online site in order to pay. It took a few days from when I booked till when I heard back.
I booked in December for May 2022, it did take a few days for them to get back to me and the invoice went to my spam holder.
I booked yesterday and got my answer today with the link to Paypal

I just made a booking for 1 May at Orisson - it seemed that the previous night may have been booked out.
Buen Camino, @Austinpaterson. I am not surprised to learn that Orisson appears to be booked out for Saturday 30 April 2022. The Easter weekend with the Good Friday holiday and the Easter Monday holiday, as well as the weekend around the 1st of May holiday are the busiest times of the pilgrimage year in this part of the Camino, namely from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Pamplona.

Good Friday (this year: 15 April) and the 1st of May are public holidays in numerous European countries and people profit from these days off work to plan annual holidays around them and to go on a trip. The 1st of May falls on a Sunday this year but in some countries they get a day off on 2 May instead; it is a public holiday in the UK and in Ireland.

Last edited:
My 15 yo son and I are starting the Camino Frances on 01 April 2022 and would like to stay at Orisson.

We stayed there in 2019 and found it a wonderful introduction to the Camino, and our fellow pilgrims - probably half of our eventual Camino family stayed with us that night.

Orrison's online bookings are available from 11 April, after we pass through, but dredging back in my memory I thought I recalled that closer to their opening date they sometimes make the decision to open a bit earlier if the weather allows.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

I'm thinking we will delay making any arrangements on the off chance that they are open early, if my memory is correct.

I haven't received a response to my email enquiry to them, but I do clearly remember that they get back in touch and reply to emails etc near the date that they open in late March.

My 15 yo son and I are starting the Camino Frances on 01 April 2022 and would like to stay at Orisson.

We stayed there in 2019 and found it a wonderful introduction to the Camino, and our fellow pilgrims - probably half of our eventual Camino family stayed with us that night.

Orrison's online bookings are available from 11 April, after we pass through, but dredging back in my memory I thought I recalled that closer to their opening date they sometimes make the decision to open a bit earlier if the weather allows.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

I'm thinking we will delay making any arrangements on the off chance that they are open early, if my memory is correct.

I haven't received a response to my email enquiry to them, but I do clearly remember that they get back in touch and reply to emails etc near the date that they open in late March.

Hi Diesel, we already have two threads running on this topic. I will transfer your post so you can see all the other answers. Welcome to the forum!

I asked them today (by email to refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr as indicated on their website) whether they'd be open earlier than 11 April this year, for example already for the 1st of April, and I received a reply within a couple of hours. It will also depend on the weather, they wrote, and advise to phone two days before arrival to learn whether the Refuge Orisson is open.

They indicated the same phone numbers as those listed on the website: +33 559491303 or +33 686998203.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just had a friend cancel going on the Camino after I booked Orisson for the three of us: me, my daughter, and our friend. My daughter and I are still going and will be staying at Orisson on May 3. If anyone is interested to stay there that night PM and we can work out the details.

Hi Diesel, we already have two threads running on this topic. I will transfer your post so you can see all the other answers. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks - obviously my search skills need sharpening up.

I asked them today (by email to refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr as indicated on their website) whether they'd be open earlier than 11 April this year, for example already for the 1st of April, and I received a reply within a couple of hours. It will also depend on the weather, they wrote, and advise to phone two days before arrival to learn whether the Refuge Orisson is open.

They indicated the same phone numbers as those listed on the website: +33 559491303 or +33 686998203.
Thanks - that is great to know. I haven't had any response to my email from a couple of weeks ago but not fussed, its the Camino. Appreciate you sharing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I booked for May 4 about a week ago; it took about 2 days for the reservation confirmation to come back with a payment link.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Hi everyone. Finally got my confirmation from Orisson so a very happy man. See you on may20 Orisson !! #ratherexcited

Hi everyone. Finally got my confirmation from Orisson so a very happy man. See you on may20 Orisson !! #ratherexcited
Yeah! And thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!!! And Buen Camino!

So, for record-keeping 🤣: how long was the wait for you between first booking confirmation email and second email with payment details: 1 week?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey, just a thought, why not share it 🤣. Imagine that you run this system. You get a lot of booking requests from future guests. But you will not know for certain how many beds will still be available on a given day until these future guests have paid their non-refundable dues. Some will not find your email in their spam folder and will never pay. Some get impatient and will book elsewhere and will not pay in the end and thereby cancel their earlier booking request. So you are waiting for the current backlog of payments to clear, especially when it concerns one of your busy periods like May, before you send out new emails with payment requests to newer future guests who had booked online in the meantime.

You don't want to overbook your beds.

So some will get their reply earlier than others.

Lesson? Pay quickly, people, and don't hold up the process. Your future companions on the way will thank you. 😎

Last edited:
Yeah! And thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!!! And Buen Camino!

So, for record-keeping 🤣: how long was the wait for you between first booking confirmation email and second email with payment details: 1 week?
Still haven’t got the the payment email as yet. 5 days and counting and will let you know. Mark

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Hi!!
I started my Camino on may 21st/19, and I had the sabe problem! After 2 weeks without getting no answer, I called them and it was booked!
In my case, it worked just fine! And it was great!
I advise you to call the place, to make sure you’re book, bcs there is no other place to spend the night around if!

Buen Camino!
🐚🌺🐚

Hi fellow pilgrims, I booked a few weeks ago and go a reply within three days with an invoice for a 50% payment. My understanding is that they are actually closed at the moment and will open at the end of March. This may explain the erratic communications from them. By the way there is a new albergue further up the road so they are not the only choice.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
I just booked for May. Wait a few days and you will get an email with a link to pay. I was told they dont have wifi so you have to wait until they go to town

I just booked for May. Wait a few days and you will get an email with a link to pay. I was told they dont have wifi so you have to wait until they go to town
Thanks. I have paid the deposit but still waiting for the final invoice and no confirmation I've paid. so still a bit unsure... lets hope they go to town soon :)

Thanks. I have paid the deposit but still waiting for the final invoice and no confirmation I've paid. so still a bit unsure... lets hope they go to town soon :)
I have booked with them 3 summers in a row (but didn't get to go in 2020). When you make the request - you receive an email saying your pre-booking has been received. Then, within 1 day to maybe 3 weeks (during winter season booking response times vary) you will receive the invoice to pay. Once you pay, you should have received a pretty immediate automated reply saying something like "Your Refuge Orisson Order has been received". Did you get that? If yes - your booking is complete and that is likely the last you will her from them until you check in! And if you have not received that automated email, check your credit card! I paid through paypal and I also got a paypal receipt that says I sent a payment to "SARL APATHIA" and then has "refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr" listed under it. Did you get that?

If you didn't get either the automated payment received email, or the paypal receipt email, and it isn't showing up on your credit card (possibly as SARL APATHIA) - then definitely email Refuge Orisson directly. I have had to email them to change my dates both in 2020 and 2021 - and again - they can sometimes be slow to reply in winter, but they do reply.

Good luck, I hope your reservation went through! I loved staying there this past summer and it is one of the few places I will stay a second time this summer (purposely varying my Camino lodging experience)

Last edited by a moderator:
you receive an email saying your pre-booking has been received. Then, within 1 day to maybe 3 weeks (during winter season booking response times vary) you will receive the invoice to pay. Once you pay, you should have received a pretty immediate automated reply saying something like "Your Refuge Orisson Order has been received". Did you get that? If yes - your booking is complete and that is likely the last you will her from them until you check in!
Thank you for providing recent facts, @jeanineonthecamino, and not some hearsay.

As to the manager and owner of the Refuge Orisson hibernating during the months from November to March when the albergue is closed and being cut off from the world without wifi. I vaguely remember that he and his family have a home in town, in Uhart-Cize right next to SJPP I believe, and I found a forum post from last year that I quote below. J-J is the owner's name, Jean-Jacques Etchandy:

Anyway, I think that they have broadband these days in SJPP, and the wife does the administration work and helps to organise and deliver supplies, says J-J in an article in a local newspaper on the occasion of 15 years of Refuge Orisson. There are 7 employees, he says.

Thank you for providing recent facts, @jeanineonthecamino, and not some hearsay.
Yes, I try! And I must acknowledge - in a technology world where we are used to getting immediate confirmation of bookings when we book other types of travel - it is frustrating when trying to reserve a place on the Camino and have to actually WAIT for email responses or confirmation of booking. We are just so used to instant responses on websites like booking . com. I guess this is just a preview of something the Camino teaches many of us - slow down, take your time, and be patient. The rewards are often worth the wait! And for me, Orisson is definitely worth the wait. And I had read some reviews about how rude and impatient the staff can be - I totally did not find that to be true myself. They were wonderful hosts.

€60,-
Yes, I try! And I must acknowledge - in a technology world where we are used to getting immediate confirmation of bookings when we book other types of travel - it is frustrating when trying to reserve a place on the Camino and have to actually WAIT for email responses or confirmation of booking. We are just so used to instant responses on websites like booking . com. I guess this is just a preview of something the Camino teaches many of us - slow down, take your time, and be patient. The rewards are often worth the wait! And for me, Orisson is definitely worth the wait. And I had read some reviews about how rude and impatient the staff can be - I totally did not find that to be true myself. They were wonderful hosts.
I cant wait to stay there actually. passed through in 2016 but taking a break there this year. May 21 st will be a fun night !

I cant wait to stay there actually. passed through in 2016 but taking a break there this year. May 21 st will be a fun night !
I think it would help to clarify things for readers who plan to book if there is an answer to the earlier question in post #73: Did you get that? Meaning can you see, either in PayPal or your credit card statements or your email, that your payment went through, that the payment was actually completed.

Last edited:
I think it would help to clarify things for readers who plan to book if there is an answer to the earlier question in post #73: Did you get that? Meaning can you see, either in PayPal or your credit card statements or your email, that your payment went through, that the payment was actually completed.
Good point Kathas1na, ill check my statements to see if the deposit actually went through as still haven't heard anything else. much appreciated

ill check my statements to see if the deposit actually went through as still haven't heard anything else. much appreciated
Please do check this. You ought to have some kind of confirmation that you paid. The exact wording may depend on your card issuer or bank. But that is all you get. No invoice or other additional separate email.

I think that all the comments throughout the years from posters who ran out of patience, could not find the payment order in their spam folder or had "heard" this or that ... all this has created some kind of myth of the Orisson booking process that is far removed from reality.

Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
I also booked for May. About a week later I received an email with a link to pay. It just takes time to get a response but they have always responded to me. I wouldn’t worry, just trust the process. It is good practice for the patience you learn along the way. I quickly learned that time can operate differently along the Camino;)
Have an amazing adventure, Buen Camino!

I also booked for May. About a week later I received an email with a link to pay. It just takes time to get a response but they have always responded to me. I wouldn’t worry, just trust the process. It is good practice for the patience you learn along the way. I quickly learned that time can operate differently along the Camino;)
Have an amazing adventure, Buen Camino!
Thanks 😀

Just check your PayPal account to see if the payment was made.
trecile. paypal payment was taken so think I'm all good. dropped Orisson an email to double check but think I'm sorted :). defo want to stay there as we are passing Roncesvalles the next day and moving a bit further forward. cheers Mark

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Guy's,

thanks
mark
Hi Mark, I made a reservation probably early March for the end of April and I got a confirmation of booking. But I messaged them today on fb as the email seems not to be working at present so I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

trecile. paypal payment was taken so think I'm all good. dropped Orisson an email to double check but think I'm sorted :). defo want to stay there as we are passing Roncesvalles the next day and moving a bit further forward. cheers Mark
Hey Mark - great to hear
will be looking forward to meeting you there
Buen Camino! 🚶‍♂️

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back