• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson reservations

Hollitapena

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances starting 6/13/15
Hi, I've heard that its advised to make reservations at Orison if you'd like to stay there for the first night. I've tried several times over this last week to get them on their website. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone who figured out what to do or have an email address for them? Any info would be appreciated!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Phone: 05.59.49.13.03

Mobile : 06.81.49.79.56

Email :
Sans-titre-3.jpg

Make your reservation online then a day or so before you go call Jean-Jacques to confirm. He is a busy man with a busy staff-save yourself another 16 unwanted kilometers by a simple international call.

Hi, I've heard that its advised to make reservations at Orison if you'd like to stay there for the first night. I've tried several times over this last week to get them on their website. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone who figured out what to do or have an email address for them? Any info would be appreciated!
It takes patience; as much as two weeks to get a response! You could repeat your request, but usually they will get to you when they get to you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks.....however, I can't even get on to their website. It appears to be down. Does anyone have an email address so I can go around the problem?

Phone: 05.59.49.13.03

Mobile : 06.81.49.79.56

Email :
Sans-titre-3.jpg

Make your reservation online then a day or so before you go call Jean-Jacques to confirm. He is a busy man with a busy staff-save yourself another 16 unwanted kilometers by a simple international call.
We booked at Orisson via the website contact form, we heard within 24 hours but this was back in January. I guess he is busier now. We have not been asked to confirm our booking at all. We have to be there by 6pm I think. We have paid our deposit by PayPal so maybe that is enough without confirming. I hope so as we were not planning to confirm. We are due there very soon, April 10th.

Lucy Longpath - I did the same, kind of assumed that the Paypal bill ref had been raised against my name/booking enquiry, so by paying it Orrisson know I am coming. I only plan to call them if I am delayed and need to arrive after 1830 ( so they don't give my bed away). If anyone knows for sure that a reconfirmation step needs to be done then please advise.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've tried several times over this last week to get them on their website. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone who figured out what to do or have an email address for them?

I wrote them via their website last week and as of this morning hadn't received a response. I'll be traveling soon and wanted to have space at the inn reserved. I just sent 35 EUR via Paypal anyway with the hope that payment will secure me a reservation if not a response. Hope I'm not being too presumptuous.

My train brings me to Pamplona on Thursday evening around 7:00pm, I'll catch the bus to SJPP in the afternoon Friday arriving too late to start walking. I can spend the night kicking around SJPP and be at Orisson fairly early on Saturday. Lo qué será, será...

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I've noticed they have a new website... or updated their old site http://www.refuge-orisson.com/en/

I changed my booking a few days ago and had a reply within 2 days. If it's been a few weeks maybe just drop them another email and explain? Or could you call and confirm? I seem to remember someone saying they spoke english?

Good luck :)

Thanks LesBrass,
I tried the address you just listed but it will not get me to their website. Do I need to add something if I'm emailing from the States? I also tried emailing to a past usable email address- refuge.orison@wanadoo.fr but it returned.
Any ideas?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Go to their website www.refuge.orisson.com/en/ and scroll down until you come to their booking or queries section which also gives their telephone. When I stayed there I had paid in advance but when I arrived they had lost my booking and I ended up sleeping in the laundry (but better than walking on to Roncevalles the same day). SO PHONE AHEAD TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING. It's a wonderful place to stay with amazing views and very good communal dinner where everyone introduces themselves, and you make friends very easily. A wonderful introduction to the Camino.
Hollitapena: you have spelt 'orison' incorrectly so that is probably why you couldn't make contact

Image0016.jpg

I never received a response to my reservation inquiry and never received an acknowledgement for the Paypal payment that I went ahead and sent. When I arrived there Saturday my name was on the list as having paid and it was great! Napoleon route was a transcendent experience with clear blue skies and quite a bit of snow to tramp through. In Zurain tonight, Pamplona tomorrow. Thanks to all the forum folks who have offered so much experience and knowledge to help me make this happen.

Dave

Thank you everyone for your replies!
I was able(with the help of correct spelling!) to reach their website and request a reservation. Now I'll wait and hope for a response.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
View attachment 17764

I never received a response to my reservation inquiry and never received an acknowledgement for the Paypal payment that I went ahead and sent. When I arrived there Saturday my name was on the list as having paid and it was great! Napoleon route was a transcendent experience with clear blue skies and quite a bit of snow to tramp through. In Zurain tonight, Pamplona tomorrow. Thanks to all the forum folks who have offered so much experience and knowledge to help me make this happen.

Dave
Do you have the web address where I can book and send my PayPal payment to Orisson?

Dan

View attachment 17764

Dave

That's good to know Sakami. After paying invoice via Paypal I also sent an email informing Orisson that I will arrive late in the day ( just in case they are tempted to give my bed away). No reply to that email yet, but seems par for the course. I am sure all will be ok.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That's good to know Sakami. After paying invoice via Paypal I also sent an email informing Orisson that I will arrive late in the day ( just in case they are tempted to give my bed away). No reply to that email yet, but seems par for the course. I am sure all will be ok.

Daughter & I have reservations for the 23rd. She has a sore foot and isn't able to hike, but hoped to take a taxi or bus to Orisson while I walked there. The photos show a 2-lane road with cars parked near the refuge. Has anyone gotten a ride there? (Been waiting a year for this trip, this foot pain is our Murphy's Law)

Daughter & I have reservations for the 23rd. She has a sore foot and isn't able to hike, but hoped to take a taxi or bus to Orisson while I walked there. The photos show a 2-lane road with cars parked near the refuge. Has anyone gotten a ride there? (Been waiting a year for this trip, this foot pain is our Murphy's Law)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have emailed them but no reply. How did you use Pay Pal? I could not find that on the web site i have

I have emailed them but no reply. How did you use Pay Pal? I could not find that on the web site i have
They'll send you unique link with your invoice. Orisson havent any PayPal option on their website :)

Taxi, yes; bus, no. It's a narrow road not exactly two lanes but an easier drive than walking there. Of course the taxi is probably going to want to charge you for the round trip, there aren't any people looking to come back down to SJPdP.

Taxi, yes; bus, no. It's a narrow road not exactly two lanes but an easier drive than walking there. Of course the taxi is probably going to want to charge you for the round trip, there aren't any people looking to come back down to SJPdP.

I emailed them last Sunday and again Thursday evening....still no reply. I have heard you need to be patient....just hope I don't lose out!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back