• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson - Spam

colinPeter

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SDC (2009) Somport-Jaca, Burgos-SDC, Cee-Muxia (2012) Le Puy - Aumont-Aubrac (2014) SJPP-SDC (Oct 2015)
Anyone else being "bombarded" with spam from refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr.
Started this week, not sure but their email list may have been hacked.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Nothing here.

@colinPeter is it coming through the forum (via "Conversations") - if you or any other members ever receives spam via private message, please let @ivar or one of the moderators know immediately.

@colinPeter is it coming through the forum (via "Conversations") - if you or any other members ever receives spam via private message, please let @ivar or one of the moderators know immediately.
Hi Kanga,
No, it's coming direct from refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr to me and what looks like hundreds of others in the to: address line.
Thought others who have communicated with Orisson over the years might be recieving the same.
Different "spammish" looking links each day.

Most spam has nothing to do with the address shown in the email. All that means is that someone who had Orisson in their address book had their address book harvested and the spammers are spoofing the orisson address. I bet that if you look at the long headers on the message you will see the origin has nothing to do with them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I run a programme called 'Mailwasher' on my computer, it reads all the e-mails headers before I get them in my mailbox. In addition to being able to mark 'friends' or 'blacklist' for quick sorting it also has a tab to read the e-mail source. It is then easy to see if the sender name has been 'spoofed', and also where the e-mail has really come from.

Maybe some-one needs to let Orisson know that their account is compromised, there is a lot of this type of spam around this last week or so and some of it has nasty links too.

Nothing from them directed my way. I'm sure the folks up at Orisson are much too busy to be spamming anybody. Nor would they be so inclined anyway. They're good people.
If you're getting lots you could try blocking it and see if that works.

I got some spam from the Orisson folks. I thought it must have been that their email contacts were hacked.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi,
same here, one mail per day with spam from the Orisson address.
I think they've been hacked or something like that.

cu,
Volker

I have received 2 email spams with 1 url included in each over 2 days. Very annoying as I was trying to book a bed there in a couple of weeks.
One of the url:s had a .ru extension presumably pointing to a Russian web site. I would assume that it is not a good idea to click on it.
Now, what to do with getting a booking there?

hcarlen, just email them. If their address has been harvested (and it might have been gotten by bots from this site, you know) it's nothing to do with Orisson itself.

Anyone else being "bombarded" with spam from refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr.
Started this week, not sure but their email list may have been hacked.
Likewise receiving these messages, a cursory scan of the meta information does lead me to believe that it is a spoofed return address. Still, they should do a scan of their gear for safety.

Kevin

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I agree with Cecelia, the Orissen folks are far to busy spoiling the tired peregrinos. It would be wise to let them know and maybe give advice. We have just been there and what an experience!! Wonderful hospitality.

I agree with Cecelia, the Orissen folks are far to busy spoiling the tired peregrinos. It would be wise to let them know and maybe give advice. We have just been there and what an experience!! Wonderful hospitality.
Hi Irma, I stayed there last April and I enjoyd every minute there. Wish you happy trails, Peter .

I had 2 spam emails from the Orisson address early the week but deleted them immediately and haven't had any since. I had emailed Orisson directly to organise accommodation in January this year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yup! I've been receiving the same spam mail.......and deleting it daily. I reserved my bed via email and stayed at Orisson on May 30 of this year.

If no -one advises Orisson direct of this problem then they cannot check their system, or contact their ISP. It really needs one of those receiving the spam and preferably who has read the data header to give the info. The problem is likely to continue until it is reported and dealt with by the ISP etc. There is a lot of nasty spam around, I am getting some from a member of a friend whose account has been hacked, but can identify which is genuine and which is spoofed.Can't help with Orisson as we have never stayed or e-mailed there.
Be vigilant!

I called Orission this am they said their computer was down. I tried twice to reserve a bed online and never received a response, this was about 4 days ago and 2 weeks ago. Maybe they know there is a problem now.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.