• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson---they want a bank transfer to confirm

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You can pay with Paypal, using their normal Email address.
State in the comment box the particulars of the reservation. It works fine!

Good luck and buen camino,
Jean-Marc

Hmmm...I sent something (in English) using their Contact form more than a week ago about a late September reservation and I haven't heard a thing. Is this typical? Did it maybe not go through?

Thanks!

You know that your booking went through when Jean- Jacques sends you a confirmation (after you have payed about half the amount of the fee by Pay Pal). When you are in SJPP you can ask the people in the Pilgrims Office to call Orisson just to make sure that you have a booking in case you start walking late and reach Orisson late.
annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
tohams said:
Hmmm...I sent something (in English) using their Contact form more than a week ago about a late September reservation and I haven't heard a thing. Is this typical? Did it maybe not go through?

Thanks!

Tohams,

Same here. I made a reservation for my wife and paid with Paypal. Got the payment confirmation from Paypal but nothing from Orisson. In fact, I was discussing the fact today with my wife and was left with a slight doubt. I think I'll send them an email asking for confirmation.

Jean-Marc

I'm not sending anything via PayPal until I hear that I still have a reservation. If push comes to shove, I'll take a taxi to Orisson & walk from there. Cheating, I suppose, to some, but I'm not spending the night out in the open.

Annie, I received an email from Jean, asking for the bank transfer & giving me the bank #s. However, I can't find a bank locally that will transfer dollars to Euros, whereas PayPal will do it readily. So it begs the question why Orisson can be difficult to reach &/or pay for. I'm still wary of them after what happened to me with them in 2007.

Kelly

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's not that they didn't acknowledge a payment...they didn't even tell me that there was a payment due up front. I'm learning this from reading this thread. I sent an initial email (using the contact form on their page) telling them the night I'd like to make a reservation and nothing in reply. Do they speak English? Is that my problem? You still think they'd reply something "I don't speak English, Je ne parles pas anglais, etc." Does someone have a direct email address? Maybe the form on their site isn't working?

Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
i sent my initial email in English from the website in early July & got a quick response, which wanted payment upfront via bank transfer. First I've heard of that myself. I got a response to my 2nd email this morning & was given the PayPal information.

I would send another email, Thomas. Maybe your first got lost or never went through?

Not sure why getting a reservation here is so convoluted.

Kelly

Hi
Don't know if this is any help but I've just 'phoned Orisson and got a reservation which I have to confirm by 'phone the day before.
Having psyched myself up to carry out the conversation in French,I spoke to an English speaker (there on Sundays and very helpful) and haven't had to pay upfront.
chinacat :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Be very careful about that. I had that type of reservation with them 2 years ago. Or thought I did. When I called as I was told to, I was informed they had no reservation for me at all.

Kelly

I phoned when I was 'on the road' in France as well, and also had to confirm the night before, no pre-payment needed. And I also struck and English-speaking hospitalero on the phone! But I think they operate different 'rules' for those already in France, from those who are reserving from a distance by e-mail.
Margaret

Thanks, Margaret and Kelly :)
That's really interesting.
I'd sent an e-mail earlier in the day - before I decided to 'phone.
I got a reply to the e-mail today which said there was no room with 6 beds - I'd only asked for 2 beds :?
But the English guy I spoke to said he'd booked us 2 beds in a 6-bedded room.
I've replied to the e-mail in French (after a fashion - haven't written French for about 40 yrs and I don't know how to put accents on letters in my e-mail text - would love a spellchecker for French, though :roll: ) - telling him about the arrangement with the English guy.
Maybe another 'phone call ???
chinacat
:)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wow, this is all sounding very difficult, not an ideal way to start a much awaited walk. I too plan to stay at Orisson, probably around 16th Oct, but had no idea it was going to be complicated. Perhaps ignorance is bliss. I emailed them in English (with apologies for my lack of French) just to check that they'd be open and I got a reply "yes", but no mention of money up front. I guess when I do actually decide on a date, I'll deal with the complications so many people have had.

By the way, anyone else planning to be there around that time? Should I expect it to be full at that time of year?

Brenda (from Australia)

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.