• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson - website (no longer) down

Status
Not open for further replies.

frannie z

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: 2022,2023
Am trying to reserve a space at the Refuge Orisson for Sept. 22 -- the site has been down for a day. Am I doing something wrong? Do most folks use the internet to reserve here? Any hints?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
frannie z,
For more on the current state of Orisson which may explain your problem see this post.

Good luck with your plans and Buen camino.

Am trying to reserve a space at the Refuge Orisson for Sept. 22 -- the site has been down for a day. Am I doing something wrong? Do most folks use the internet to reserve here? Any hints?
Also do a search on Orisson on here for innumerable other threads querying or describing their booking system. Essentially you submit a request then - anything from next day to a couple of weeks later - you get a reply with instructions as to how to pay your non-refundable deposit.

If you’ve managed to submit a request I’d give it a few days.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Also do a search on Orisson on here for innumerable other threads querying or describing their booking system. Essentially you submit a request then - anything from next day to a couple of weeks later - you get a reply with instructions as to how to pay your non-refundable deposit.

If you’ve managed to submit a request I’d give it a few days.
Thank you. Still trying to pull up the website but it's been down for two days. Thanks much.

Thank you. Still trying to pull up the website but it's been down for two days. Thanks much.
It's working for me now.

It's working for me now.
You're the best... just opened and processed my reservation. Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
just opened and processed my reservation.

Does it mean that Orisson finally decided to move to 21 century and installed an online reservation system on their webpage, where you can book a bed and half board in real time, without waiting a week or two for their reply by email?
I can see there is a new "bank processing fee", so instead of 40 euros you pay 41.60 but it's a small fee compared to struggle that pilgrims had to go through trying to make a booking with them...

It's working for me now.
You must be the most patient moderator in the world regarding Orisson 😉

Does it mean that Orisson finally decided to move to 21 century and installed an online reservation system on their webpage, where you can book a bed and half board in real time, without waiting a week or two for their reply by email?
I can see there is a new "bank processing fee", so instead of 40 euros you pay 41.60 but it's a small fee compared to struggle that pilgrims had to go through trying to make a booking with them...

So you were able to pay directly through the site?

I didn't go through the check out process, this is what I see. I took "payment link" to mean the link to pay via PayPal.

20220412_110659.jpg

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I don't know about getting into the 21st. century. I received an email stating that they have received my request for two beds... but not yet confirmation with details that will take credit card. Fingers crossed. I'm sure it will all work out.

Hi ! to confirm that Orisson is opened i just called them0033(0)559491303 and they answered!!!
There was this mail going around saying that it was closed because of some damage but it has been repaired
i wanted to be sure since i booked there for 25 of april .
thank you i used an email... registered for sept. evening waiting for confirmation.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back