• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson

Reidunvb

Time of past OR future Camino
I have a plan to walk from St. Pied to Logrono, l ve walked from Panplona to Santiago and from Ferro
Hello!
I want to know if there Are blankets for the guests at the refuge Orrison. We Are 6 Norwegians which have made reservation for late September.

Greetings Reidun

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yep, a paper mattress bottom sheet and a blanket. Why are you not at the Olympics? Seems like Norway wins most of the events!! Muy Buen ,,,

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Yes, however you are NOT given blankets at Roncesvalles. You will need sleeping bags.
Norwegians? They like sleeping with the Laplanders (sorry Sami) and the musk ox herds, Orrison will be child's play!

I, and others, recommend a lightweight down or synthetic fill sleeping bag. As you will be sleeping indoors and not in a tent, a bag rated to maybe 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 c) should be adequate.

Personally, having to use the toilet several times each night, I recommend a rectangular bag with a full zipper. This makes the bag easier to get out of...when ya gotta go...:eek:

Alternatively, consider a good sleeping bag liner made of microfiber material. They are machine washable and should be warm enough for most folks. If it is too "cold," and blankets are not available to toss over your liner, consider wearing the clean clothes you will walk in tomorrow.

After several failed efforts to find the "perfect" microfiber liner, here is the one I use:

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/products/bags/sleeping-bag-liners/rectangle-liner

It is also available as a mummy shaped bag, and as a rectangular baby in microfleece. But the URL shown above is the most roomy, easily accessed and comfortable bag I have found to date.

This bag folds up small enough to be stored in a one-gallon or three-liter ziplock bag.

Hope this helps.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I use a Mountain Hardwear Flip 35/50 bag. Very lightweight bag (1lb 12oz/788 gr) that can pack down to about the size of a grapefruit in a compression sack. Came in handy a few nights when the heat was turned off at night in the albergue. There were no blankets. I could have been fine in a sleeping bag liner that t2andreo spoke of, but I was unaware that there were any that had zippers. I too frequently make trips in the night to the facilities.

Dave: The reason I bought the one from Alps Mountaineering (link above) is that it was the only one I found with a full separating zipper. Two such liners could be combined to form a double sized sleeper for a couple.

The quality is also very good.

Hope this helps.

Dave: The reason I bought the one from Alps Mountaineering (link above) is that it was the only one I found with a full separating zipper. Two such liners could be combined to form a double sized sleeper for a couple.

The quality is also very good.

Hope this helps.
I am familiar with Alps gear. My son use to have a tent and sleeping pad from them that he used for Boy Scouts. Good equipment and good prices.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am working on an alternative. Just ordered a new wool blanket which, when it arrives, I will be looking to fashion into a backpack. There was a small day pack that provides both shoulder and waist straps from Amazon. I do believe that with some paracord and borrowing a rain cover from an Osprey pack, I could bring a great, warm blanket and eliminate the weight of a sleeping bag and a backpack, perhaps 4 ib or more.

Watch this space. An instructional video is in the works.

Hello!
I want to know if there Are blankets for the guests at the refuge Orrison. We Are 6 Norwegians which have made reservation for late September.

Greetings Reidun

Don’t worry mountain air enough

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back