• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson

Reidunvb

Time of past OR future Camino
I have a plan to walk from St. Pied to Logrono, l ve walked from Panplona to Santiago and from Ferro
Hello!
I want to know if there Are blankets for the guests at the refuge Orrison. We Are 6 Norwegians which have made reservation for late September.

Greetings Reidun

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yep, a paper mattress bottom sheet and a blanket. Why are you not at the Olympics? Seems like Norway wins most of the events!! Muy Buen ,,,

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes, however you are NOT given blankets at Roncesvalles. You will need sleeping bags.
Norwegians? They like sleeping with the Laplanders (sorry Sami) and the musk ox herds, Orrison will be child's play!

I, and others, recommend a lightweight down or synthetic fill sleeping bag. As you will be sleeping indoors and not in a tent, a bag rated to maybe 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 c) should be adequate.

Personally, having to use the toilet several times each night, I recommend a rectangular bag with a full zipper. This makes the bag easier to get out of...when ya gotta go...:eek:

Alternatively, consider a good sleeping bag liner made of microfiber material. They are machine washable and should be warm enough for most folks. If it is too "cold," and blankets are not available to toss over your liner, consider wearing the clean clothes you will walk in tomorrow.

After several failed efforts to find the "perfect" microfiber liner, here is the one I use:

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/products/bags/sleeping-bag-liners/rectangle-liner

It is also available as a mummy shaped bag, and as a rectangular baby in microfleece. But the URL shown above is the most roomy, easily accessed and comfortable bag I have found to date.

This bag folds up small enough to be stored in a one-gallon or three-liter ziplock bag.

Hope this helps.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I use a Mountain Hardwear Flip 35/50 bag. Very lightweight bag (1lb 12oz/788 gr) that can pack down to about the size of a grapefruit in a compression sack. Came in handy a few nights when the heat was turned off at night in the albergue. There were no blankets. I could have been fine in a sleeping bag liner that t2andreo spoke of, but I was unaware that there were any that had zippers. I too frequently make trips in the night to the facilities.

Dave: The reason I bought the one from Alps Mountaineering (link above) is that it was the only one I found with a full separating zipper. Two such liners could be combined to form a double sized sleeper for a couple.

The quality is also very good.

Hope this helps.

Dave: The reason I bought the one from Alps Mountaineering (link above) is that it was the only one I found with a full separating zipper. Two such liners could be combined to form a double sized sleeper for a couple.

The quality is also very good.

Hope this helps.
I am familiar with Alps gear. My son use to have a tent and sleeping pad from them that he used for Boy Scouts. Good equipment and good prices.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am working on an alternative. Just ordered a new wool blanket which, when it arrives, I will be looking to fashion into a backpack. There was a small day pack that provides both shoulder and waist straps from Amazon. I do believe that with some paracord and borrowing a rain cover from an Osprey pack, I could bring a great, warm blanket and eliminate the weight of a sleeping bag and a backpack, perhaps 4 ib or more.

Watch this space. An instructional video is in the works.

Hello!
I want to know if there Are blankets for the guests at the refuge Orrison. We Are 6 Norwegians which have made reservation for late September.

Greetings Reidun

Don’t worry mountain air enough

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back