• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson

chuckhibbs

Time of past OR future Camino
made reservation request at the Refuge Orrison but having difficulty try to pay for same on their website. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
. The credit card must be enabled for a specific secure payment process called Visa Secure, Mastercard ID Check or American Express SafeKey. Credit cards issued in Europe have this function automatically enabled and websites such as the Roncesvalles one will accept only payment by credit cards with this function. This issue can only be solved by your own bank or other organisation that issued your credit card in the USA.

This is the information @Kathar1na wrote in another thread on this forum.

Thank you so much for the information.
But, my difficulty is finding the where in their website to pay or how to pay.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you so much for the information.
But, my difficulty is finding the where in their website to pay or how to pay.
Their website is this one if I understand:
https://www.refuge-orisson.com/
If you have no means to pay, that means than you have to pay when arriving at gite.
In case of doubt, you can reach them with the information given here:

Their website is this one if I understand:
https://www.refuge-orisson.com/
If you have no means to pay, that means than you have to pay when arriving at gite.
In case of doubt, you can reach them with the information given here:
Thank you for your reply. I can pay just can’t find the where to pay on their website.

I can pay just can’t find the where to pay on their website.
Sorry for this misunderstanding due to my poor english: if their website does not allow you to pay, that probably means that you have to pay when arriving, not before.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can pay just can’t find the where to pay on their website.
@chuckhibbs, can you be more specific? How far do you get with the booking process for Orisson (btw, I deleted my earlier reply as I had not paid attention; it referred to the booking webpages of the albergue in Roncesvalles).

These are the basic steps for booking on the Orisson website: first webpage, pick date and bed with price for one night and press "Continue" to get to second webpage; second webpage, scroll down to fill in guest details, click on credit card icon for "Choose payment mode" and make sure that all fields are filled in, then scroll down and click on "Confirm Reservation" to get to third webpage; third webpage is where you pay.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
@chuckhibbs, can you be more specific? How far do you get with the booking process for Orisson (btw, I deleted my earlier reply as I had not paid attention; it referred to the booking webpages of the albergue in Roncesvalles).

These are the basic steps for booking on the Orisson website: first webpage, pick date and bed and press continue to get to second webpage; second webpage, scroll down to fill in guest details, click on credit card icon for "Choose payment mode" and make sure that all fields are filled in, then scroll down and click on "Confirm Reservation" to get to third webpage; third webpage is where you pay.
Thank you 😊

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
made reservation request at the Refuge Orrison but having difficulty try to pay for same on their website. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Same , I seemed to have made booking , it accepted credit card but booking said awaiting confirmation? I wrote a message asking them to confirm.. I believe they are only just opening for business for season about now . 🤞

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Orisson website and their booking process changed this year (2023)!

Perhaps a forum member who has made a successful booking very recently can describe the actual process. It would help to avoid future confusion between old and new. You enter your date and personal details AND your credit card details and make a credit card payment or at least submit a guarantee - so this is new. It still says in their new instructions that they will confirm the booking separately but not having finished the online booking myself (as I didn’t want to make an actual reservation) I got only to the point where you enter your credit card details and press confirm …

Below are screenshots of the current online booking process for Orisson. Also, you now get a booking reference and can log in to see your booking.

1680696172418.jpeg

1680696231421.jpeg

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I requested reservations using my credit card and received a confirmation of my booking about 2 weeks later.
Hope this helps you.

I had a small problem when trying to book and pay and it was solved by switching from Firefox to Chrome. It also looks like they have changed to take the full 100% payment now rather than half at the time of booking and the other half on arrival.

I had a small problem when trying to book and pay and it was solved by switching from Firefox to Chrome. It also looks like they have changed to take the full 100% payment now rather than half at the time of booking and the other half on arrival.
Did you book for more than one person?
In the past they charged the full amount if for one person, and half the full amount for two. I don't know about groups of three or more because I've only booked for either one or two people.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Did you book for more than one person?
In the past they charged the full amount if for one person, and half the full amount for two. I don't know about groups of three or more because I've only booked for either one or two people.
Booked for 2. Paid the full total 2 people. It looks like they have changed the way bookings are made. Their new website is very streamlined and simple and can now book the private rooms easily for those that want them.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back