• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orrison albergue

Marty DB

:?: Hello. I will be starting the Camino from SJPDP on May 1 and would like to spend the first night at Orrison. Does anyone know if you can make a reservation, or is there a good chance there will be plenty of beds at that time of year? If you can make a reservation, how do I contact them? I don't want to get there mid afternoon and then find there is no where to stay.
thanks, MDB

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I wrote them an e-mail 10 days ago, it was read but I didn't get an answer back ...

Right now I'll think I'll go all the way to Roncesvalles anyway. Since I can start early in SJ this should be doable. Even as the first leg ... :shock: :D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Jerome,

Try again, your email may just have escaped their system. I emailed them to book a place in early September last year. My email was in English, but invited them to respond in French if they wished. From then on correspondence was in French. At their request I phoned a day or so ahead of the due date to confirm my booking. It is great place to stay. It provides a gentle start to the Camino, the owners are very nice people and the dinner there was outstanding

Buen Camino

In addition to the rooms, the owners have put up a number of small pup tents in the back of the gite. You can't reserve a space in the tent, but they're there in case the gite is full. I think there is probably space for an additional 15-20, but my memory is getting a little fuzzy on that.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you. I had the same question! Just emailed them and will look for their reply.

Dee Bright,

The last post on this thread prior to yours was in 2007. The current 2015 web site for Orisson is this link.

Bon chemin and Buen camino!

Hello fellow pilgrims,

Can i ask for some help please. I sent a reservation request for Sept 1 last week for 2 beds here but never received a response. i followed up yesterday and today there is still no word. I'v read in previous posts that it takes time for them to respond. But getting worried as the date is drawing near.

Any suggestions on what i can do? Are there other albergues in orisson?

Thank you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Angie, Orisson will be fully booked already for 1 Sep, an extremely popular starting date :(

Oh my! September 2 perhaps? Haha. Im hopeful there are slots still. Or at the very least an e-mail confirming there are none. That way i can mentally & emotionally prep for the long walk to roncesvalles.

The Valcarlos route is just as nice, and you shouldn't have a problem getting a bed there if you want to break the stage to Roncesvalles into two. Jill

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Valcarlos route is just as nice, and you shouldn't have a problem getting a bed there if you want to break the stage to Roncesvalles into two. Jill
Thanks, Jill . Appreciate it. I'll read up on Valcarlos then. Whichever way, I'm sure it will be fine. At least we get a bed for the night & we won't over exert ourselves on day 1.

Thanks, Jill . Appreciate it. I'll read up on Valcarlos then. Whichever way, I'm sure it will be fine. At least we get a bed for the night & we won't over exert ourselves on day 1.
By any chance, do you know if the albergues there charge less than the one in Orisson?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.