• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orisson Cancelation

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances & Finisterre 05-07/22 Fran 26? d Nort 27?
If one makes a reservation at Orrison - what is the latest "time" that one can cancel? 24 hrs? 1 week?
thanks in advance

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Your deposit is non-refundable.

From their email:
Reservation for 1 person walking (whithout car or bus) in half board (diner and breakfast: 38. 00 euros per person) for the night 11st to 12nd of may 2019 in room of 6 or 10 bunk beds. The instalment will be not refunded. You have to arrive before 6. 30 pm.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I reckon one then should not break legs on the way out of town 😏
Not one's own anyway. But, although I didn't write it this way, I was really thinking about ambushing someone and taking his reservation. 👿

Just kidding. I would probably not stay at Orrison but for some reason I had the question pop into my head. I had no intention of starting a thread over it. But since this one showed up I thought I'd ask.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If one makes a reservation at Orrison - what is the latest "time" that one can cancel? 24 hrs? 1 week?
thanks in advance
To directly answer your question you can cancel right up to the time you walk up and decide to keep on walking. The earlier you cancel the greater chance there is of someone else managing to book your vacated bunk.
The question you didn't ask: about refunds, has been answered.

@Tincatinker
thank you - yes the question was the 'implied' one and it got answered all right. You know... if I decided to keep on going and someone else will get the bunk - IMHO there are probably a lot worse ways to start a Camino, no? (like being ambushed with intention of taking your reservation....LOL....😂)
Seriously at this point I am leaning towards spending the night there but since everything is 2 long years away - it is definitely hard to say what I will feel and do once on the Camino and approaching the place.
To some extend, based on other threads - at least a lunch (and perhaps a sandwich to go as well) shall warrant the stop regardless

@Rick of Rick and Peg - based on all the hype about 'the extra weight' I am (regrettably) leaving my 4 lbs sledge hammer at home 😇

€149,-
Orisson is well worth the stay as an introduction to the Camino. In 2017 we stopped there for coffee. Last year we stayed there. As we arrived at SJPP a day early, we stopped in at the pilgrim office, they called Orisson and were able to change our booking on the day.

From their email:
Reservation for 1 person walking (whithout car or bus) in half board (diner and breakfast: 38. 00 euros per person) for the night 11st to 12nd of may 2019 in room of 6 or 10 bunk beds. The instalment will be not refunded. You have to arrive before 6. 30 pm.
In 2017 my husband became ill at home and I had to return home before I even got out of the US. I emailed them, knowing there was no refund just to tell them I would not be there and to give the room to someone else. They gave me refund. I was very surprised because I knew it said no refund.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

From their email:
That's right

So... anything is possible...at least within that moment
Like I said - even if there is no refund - couple of euros is a small price to pay for someone being able to get the much-needed bunk.

And I was wondering yesterday that if you could give your reservation to someone else at the last minute. Say if you break your leg on the way out of town can you give it to the pilgrim who helps you out?
1 does the pilgrim take the broken leg with them as a souvenir?

2 is the leg a "Peg" leg? (geddit?)

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
thanks in advance
Looking back on my email from Orisson last fall, the payment is “irredeemable” ...non refundable.

On the subject of Orisson, what happens if you’re staying the night and the next morning you discover they closed the pass?

€149,-
When I walked in 2012, late April, route Napoleon was closed due to snowfall. Orisson did arrange shuttle for all pilgrims, without any cost to Valcarlos. They insisted we take the Valcarlos route.
Thanks! Was wondering how one would proceed.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back