• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orrison Confirmed

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I hope you waited for the invoice and didn't PayPal at the original confirmation (like I did). :). My payment was rejected and then I received an invoice with a tiny PayPal surcharge and I then sent the invoiced amount.

I too got my Orisson confirmation for August 23. I leave in 3.5 months. I did 2 GREAT training walks this weekend and tested out the old back. So far, so good.

I like wayfarer's comment that the Camino starts when you book it. I 100% agree. I have become obsessed and SO EXCITED! Now to strengthen my core to help my back and walk walk walk, pack and all

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
After a nervous wait of about a week Orrison has returned me e-mail regarding accommodation in Sept, so it's all sorted. Just one or two small items to buy and I'm ready, the only problem is I've still got 4 months before the off date.
I know that wonderful feeling, Waka, to hear from Jean Jacques in Orisson. I'm afraid that you and I aren't going to cross paths, unless it's in SJPED where I plan to spend two nights at Beliari Auberge. I start on September 7th and I think you're starting on the 6th, aren't you? If so, you'll be ahead of me all the way, because I'm going to go slowly. But I've loved reading about your preparations, which are so in sinc with mine. My Ferrino poncho arrived in the mail today, and it's a lovely red color. :) It's an Altus type poncho. So I guess that's the way I've decided to go. I still haven't decided whether or not to take the light-weight rain pants that I have, but I'm leaning toward taking them. And, I totally agree with you that the "only problem is I've still got 4 months before the off date." I'm ready NOW emotionally.

I hope you waited for the invoice and didn't PayPal at the original confirmation (like I did). :). My payment was rejected and then I received an invoice with a tiny PayPal surcharge and I then sent the invoiced amount.

Cher

I'd already seen a thread that mentioned waiting for the paypal invoice, might have been yours, so I didn't pay on the first e-mail.

I too got my Orisson confirmation for August 23. I leave in 3.5 months. I did 2 GREAT training walks this weekend and tested out the old back. So far, so good.

I like wayfarer's comment that the Camino starts when you book it. I 100% agree. I have become obsessed and SO EXCITED! Now to strengthen my core to help my back and walk walk walk, pack and all

I agree with the obsession bit, my wife says it's taken over my life. I spend hours just trawling through threads on the forum.
My training continues, although I've not started with the rucksack yet, my plan is to get finish first then tackle some good up hill/down hill walks 3 times a week, don't want to burn out before the start date.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I know that wonderful feeling, Waka, to hear from Jean Jacques in Orisson. I'm afraid that you and I aren't going to cross paths, unless it's in SJPED where I plan to spend two nights at Beliari Auberge. I start on September 7th and I think you're starting on the 6th, aren't you? If so, you'll be ahead of me all the way, because I'm going to go slowly. But I've loved reading about your preparations, which are so in sinc with mine. My Ferrino poncho arrived in the mail today, and it's a lovely red color. :) It's an Altus type poncho. So I guess that's the way I've decided to go. I still haven't decided whether or not to take the light-weight rain pants that I have, but I'm leaning toward taking them. And, I totally agree with you that the "only problem is I've still got 4 months before the off date." I'm ready NOW emotionally.

Singingheart

I will be in SJ around mid morning on the 5th Sept, I haven't booked anywhere to stay, I was going to take pot luck or do you think its wise to book in advance?

You know I did think about taking some rain pants, but I haven't yet decided, I'm conscious that rain on the socks can seep inside the shoe, haters might be another option. Ah another question to ask the experts.

Arriving mid morning will give you a choice. Ask at the Pilgrim's Office. I always stay at Beliari (previous known as L'Esprit du Chemin). You need to book in advance (pay on arrival). I then always have friends before I start. Never heard anyone say anything negative about it. Buen Camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you Waka for your post, I was getting concerned as I emailed Orisson a week ago now and I'm still waiting to hear back so hopefully it should be soon! I still have time as I don't leave until the 3rd August. I too am getting so excited and spend hours on this forum site and doing other research. Time to start training though am still struggling with finding comfortable footwear!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Singingheart

I will be in SJ around mid morning on the 5th Sept, I haven't booked anywhere to stay, I was going to take pot luck or do you think its wise to book in advance?

You know I did think about taking some rain pants, but I haven't yet decided, I'm conscious that rain on the socks can seep inside the shoe, haters might be another option. Ah another question to ask the experts.

My husband and I will start on Sept 7th!! so excited thinking of booking at the Orrisson ;)

Singingheart

Check out the website for Beilari (www.beilari.info/en). It was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there. I think a reservation is advised and the reservation form is found at the website.

Arriving mid morning will give you a choice. Ask at the Pilgrim's Office. I always stay at Beliari (previous known as L'Esprit du Chemin). You need to book in advance (pay on arrival). I then always have friends before I start. Never heard anyone say anything negative about it. Buen Camino.

Just loved that place when we stayed last September. Many of the folks we met there became part of our Camino family, even if we only saw some of them occasionally and some of them we are still in contact with. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Waka for your post, I was getting concerned as I emailed Orisson a week ago now and I'm still waiting to hear back so hopefully it should be soon! I still have time as I don't leave until the 3rd August. I too am getting so excited and spend hours on this forum site and doing other research. Time to start training though am still struggling with finding comfortable footwear!

Hopefully you'll hear back soon.

I recently bought new shoes, I spent about 3 hours in the shop trying on just about every pair they had. Hope you have some luck with your choice.

Thanks Waka, if I don't hear back by the end of the week I'll email them again.

I've been back to the shop several times now looking at trying to get the right boots. I'm fortunate I can take them home and wear them at home and on the treadmill to trial them and then take them back if they're not right so that's what I've been doing. It's just perseverance but better now then when I'm actually on my camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I've been back to the shop several times now looking at trying to get the right boots. I'm fortunate I can take them home and wear them at home and on the treadmill to trial them and then take them back if they're not right so that's what I've been doing. It's just perseverance but better now then when I'm actually on my camino.

Some pilgrims have mentioned on author threads that they have had to send another e-mail. Did you perchance fill in the security bit at the bottom, the first time I sent off I didn't, and as you can imagine it didn't go though.
After they contacted me with a vacancy I had the paypal invoice through within 36 hours.

I filled in the form on their website and the security but it didn't seem to go through so I also emailed them. But I have had my confirmation email this evening and then my invoice a few hours later so I'm really happy and relieved! Another step closer to my camino! :)

I filled in the form on their website and the security but it didn't seem to go through so I also emailed them. But I have had my confirmation email this evening and then my invoice a few hours later so I'm really happy and relieved! Another step closer to my camino! :)

It's really great when the system works.

Have a good camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I've been back to the shop several times now looking at trying to get the right boots.

I have to say that I bought , tried, returned several pairs before doing what I knew I should have done at the beginning! GO TO REI. Measured both feet, looked at them intently and the first shoe he had me try was the perfect show. Awesome salespeople and even if you wear them outside you can take them back with no questions. I have heard of people returning them after the Camino! Full refund. I would hate to see this happen without good reason though.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.