• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oseira - Lalín?

Luka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Next: Camino Sanabrés (May 2024)
I am planning to walk the Sanabrés in August. I would like to stay in the albergue in Oseira, but accomodation seems quite hard to find on the next day. I found these tracks on wikiloc to walk to Lalín on the Invierno instead:

Anyone who has done this? It seems like a good option as there is quite a lot of accomodation in Lalín. And what is exactly the difference between Lalín and Estación de Lalín?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've done the detour to Oseira several times and if I recall correctly stayed in the albergue de peregrinos in A Laxe.
Thanks! If I calculate well that would be 29 kms. As I am having problems with my Achilles tendons for quite a while now, I would rather avoid long walking distances. The 24 kms to either Botos or Lalín already are a bit longer than I would prefer...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Estación de Lalín, also called Botos, is four and half kms from the center of Lalín. The albergue in A Laxe is about 7 km from Estacion de Lalín. There is a restaurant and hostal in Botos called A Taberna de Vento. I ate there, and a friend stayed there a few weeks back. No complaints.

Estación de Lalín, also called Botos, is four and half kms from the center of Lalín. The albergue in A Laxe is about 7 km from Estacion de Lalín. There is a restaurant and hostal in Botos called A Taberna de Vento. I ate there, and a friend stayed there a few weeks back. No complaints.
Thanks! Yes, I figured that out by now, that Botos and Estación de Lalín are actually the same. To stay in Botos would definitely be the most logic alternative, but if I could also walk to Lalín I would prefer that, I think.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks! If I calculate well that would be 29 kms. As I am having problems with my Achilles tendons for quite a while now, I would rather avoid long walking distances. The 24 kms to either Botos or Lalín already are a bit longer than I would prefer...
Hi Luka, I went on April 29th from Oseira to Botos, had my lunch at A Taberna de Vento and my
Taxis Marcos Lalín +34 667 828 422 🚖 brougth me to myHotel Alda Lalín
. The following morning I had just to follow the arrows on Camino Inferno and at A Laxe the two caminos join.

I did use this option after 23km and all the beds at Taberna de Vento have been taken. It started to rain and I wasn’t in the mood for another four and a half kilometers.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I took a closer look at the Wikiloc trail I posted above. From O Castro Gozón it follows the N525, so that would mean a lot of roadwalking. Taberna de Vento doesn't have any rooms available anymore on Booking (haven't called them yet). But there seems to be a bus between Botos/Estación de Lalín and Lalín leaving at 16.43h.

So that is probably what I am going to do:
- Walk to Botos and have lunch there.
- Take the bus to Lalín and stay there for the night.
- Continue the next day on the Invierno to A Laxe.

I took a closer look at the Wikiloc trail I posted above. From O Castro Gozón it follows the N525, so that would mean a lot of roadwalking. Taberna de Vento doesn't have any rooms available anymore on Booking (haven't called them yet). But there seems to be a bus between Botos/Estación de Lalín and Lalín leaving at 16.43h.

So that is probably what I am going to do:
- Walk to Botos and have lunch there.
- Take the bus to Lalín and stay there for the night.
- Continue the next day on the Invierno to A Laxe.
Hi @Luka it isn't as bad as you may think about the road walking have a look at my GPS data Oseira-Botos they tried to keep the pilgrims off the road as much as its possible. Sometime its a path just by the road and sometimes a little detour in order to keep you of the road. If you have a good app you may decide depending on the weather what will be the best for you. Buon Camino Paul 😇

Hi @Luka it isn't as bad as you may think about the road walking have a look at my GPS data Oseira-Botos they tried to keep the pilgrims off the road as much as its possible. Sometime its a path just by the road and sometimes a little detour in order to keep you of the road. If you have a good app you may decide depending on the weather what will be the best for you. Buon Camino Paul 😇
Thanks, but that is exactly what I am going to do: walk from Oseira to Botos. If I would walk straight to Lalín, I would have to walk along the N525 from O Castro Gozón to Lalín.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.