• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Osprey sale - Canada

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I like my 36 L Kyte with the side zipper SO MUCH that I bought a second one at this sale — $129 CAD I think. I can now give away my oldest one with the stretched out pockets and no side zipper. That one is going to a friend who is happy to put in new elastic and head out on her first camino next year.
And with 2 packs of my own, I can keep one at my little shack in the woods, and one at home so that I am always, always ready.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I just counted up my packs:

My first Osprey pack — 36 L Kyte, 2013 purchase. Went on my CF in 2014. No side zipper. That is the one being handed onward to a friend who can repair the elastic bottle holders and pouch to take on her first camino.

45 L Osprey Talon — this is the one I use for major shopping at the farmers’ market.

22 L Osprey Mira — until Work From Home this was my day-to-day pack for carrying all my work crap. *Almost* took it on my CP, but things were too crammed in to be easily accessible during the day. I do use this bag on the endurance trek I do in deep winter: 65 K in one day as a charity effort.

36 L Osprey Kyte — dark blue, this one went with me on my second CF, and on my CP and the side zipper for access that didn’t require unpacking the bag made it the easiest bag I’ve ever carried. That one stays at my shack in the woods so that I always have gear to go.

36 L Osprey Kyte — teal blue/green — this is the pack that will go on any future camino, and will be my day-pack for hiking out/back at home. I like having a place to carry my lunch and snacks separately from a change of the shirt, socks, and so on, and plenty of room to store my allergy and asthma meds (those are *chunky*). And room to spare to pick up a bit of groceries on the way home.

6 L Osprey tempest — this is a hip-pack where I can stuff snacks, meds, phone, and 2 hydration bottles — as well as a hydration bladder if I want. This one goes on the endurance trek because I have to eat in the dark on that one, so easy access is crucial. I also take this little pack if I want to be a minimalist and not pick up anything and can also get away with not carrying stuff for anyone else.

Maybe it’s because I don’t drive, so these packs are my “trunk” in many respects. But they are all in pretty regular use.

I Love Osprey! With that said, I have an Osprey backpack for every occasion from a 65L for the Appalachian Trail, to a Day pack to do hikes in the park. My last investment was a Kyte 46, which I taken this on the Camino, is light, has its own rain cover built in and super comfortable! I made the mistake of taking the Big one to Camino and had to buy a smaller one in Zubiri (Deuters) after mailing the old one and about 15lbs of stuff I didn’t need! Lol 😂 It’s funny you go to Camino 101 classes and people tell you what to bring, but we are people with old habits hard to break! I tell you 7 days in Camino and going through the alps will change your mind really quick!! My next Camino, hopefully soon, I will bring a 20-30L Osprey and it will be much easier! BUEN CAMINO

Attachments

• 2AEDAE5F-E491-41FB-9332-B814F6F8FACF.jpeg
    2AEDAE5F-E491-41FB-9332-B814F6F8FACF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I checked out the MEC store and there Osprey are not on sale but very expensive. MEC nevertheless is a store I deal with because of their return policy.
Fair enough, but the Osprey warrantee is such that you can buy the pack from anywhere and receive lifetime service/repairs directly from Osprey. So *if* you are in the market... Atmosphere is still a safe point of purchase.

I’ve had very good service from Atmosphere, they will help with fitting as well as easy returns. Should mention the free shipping is only for purchases over $99.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I use a Osprey Exos 39. I have traveled with to the Camino, West Africa and last year in Iraq. I own several packs so far this has been my best. I purchased a Zpack Nero for my Camino last October which canceled because of Covid 19.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.