• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Osprey sale - Canada

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I like my 36 L Kyte with the side zipper SO MUCH that I bought a second one at this sale ā€” $129 CAD I think. I can now give away my oldest one with the stretched out pockets and no side zipper. That one is going to a friend who is happy to put in new elastic and head out on her first camino next year.
And with 2 packs of my own, I can keep one at my little shack in the woods, and one at home so that I am always, always ready.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just counted up my packs:

My first Osprey pack ā€” 36 L Kyte, 2013 purchase. Went on my CF in 2014. No side zipper. That is the one being handed onward to a friend who can repair the elastic bottle holders and pouch to take on her first camino.

45 L Osprey Talon ā€” this is the one I use for major shopping at the farmersā€™ market.

22 L Osprey Mira ā€” until Work From Home this was my day-to-day pack for carrying all my work crap. *Almost* took it on my CP, but things were too crammed in to be easily accessible during the day. I do use this bag on the endurance trek I do in deep winter: 65 K in one day as a charity effort.

36 L Osprey Kyte ā€” dark blue, this one went with me on my second CF, and on my CP and the side zipper for access that didnā€™t require unpacking the bag made it the easiest bag Iā€™ve ever carried. That one stays at my shack in the woods so that I always have gear to go.

36 L Osprey Kyte ā€” teal blue/green ā€” this is the pack that will go on any future camino, and will be my day-pack for hiking out/back at home. I like having a place to carry my lunch and snacks separately from a change of the shirt, socks, and so on, and plenty of room to store my allergy and asthma meds (those are *chunky*). And room to spare to pick up a bit of groceries on the way home.

6 L Osprey tempest ā€” this is a hip-pack where I can stuff snacks, meds, phone, and 2 hydration bottles ā€” as well as a hydration bladder if I want. This one goes on the endurance trek because I have to eat in the dark on that one, so easy access is crucial. I also take this little pack if I want to be a minimalist and not pick up anything and can also get away with not carrying stuff for anyone else.

Maybe itā€™s because I donā€™t drive, so these packs are my ā€œtrunkā€ in many respects. But they are all in pretty regular use.

I Love Osprey! With that said, I have an Osprey backpack for every occasion from a 65L for the Appalachian Trail, to a Day pack to do hikes in the park. My last investment was a Kyte 46, which I taken this on the Camino, is light, has its own rain cover built in and super comfortable! I made the mistake of taking the Big one to Camino and had to buy a smaller one in Zubiri (Deuters) after mailing the old one and about 15lbs of stuff I didnā€™t need! Lol šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s funny you go to Camino 101 classes and people tell you what to bring, but we are people with old habits hard to break! I tell you 7 days in Camino and going through the alps will change your mind really quick!! My next Camino, hopefully soon, I will bring a 20-30L Osprey and it will be much easier! BUEN CAMINO

Attachments

• 2AEDAE5F-E491-41FB-9332-B814F6F8FACF.jpeg
    2AEDAE5F-E491-41FB-9332-B814F6F8FACF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I checked out the MEC store and there Osprey are not on sale but very expensive. MEC nevertheless is a store I deal with because of their return policy.
Fair enough, but the Osprey warrantee is such that you can buy the pack from anywhere and receive lifetime service/repairs directly from Osprey. So *if* you are in the market... Atmosphere is still a safe point of purchase.

Iā€™ve had very good service from Atmosphere, they will help with fitting as well as easy returns. Should mention the free shipping is only for purchases over $99.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I use a Osprey Exos 39. I have traveled with to the Camino, West Africa and last year in Iraq. I own several packs so far this has been my best. I purchased a Zpack Nero for my Camino last October which canceled because of Covid 19.

Back