• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Other forums...a question.

Ribeirasacra

Time of past OR future Camino
the highway
I usually respond on other forums to general questions about vacations. Sometimes a question comes up about the Camino and I try and head the poster to this forum as this is really the best place to seek answers on the subject of walking on any Camino. However I do get frustrated when I see questions about what is the best part to walk or the most scenic part.One question came up recently about doing a bit of the route...in the end the conversation went onto foot wear and is it good to use crocs (shoes)... am I missing something not begin a true pilgrim?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
ah...the eternal question...what is a true pilgrim? Who knows? I know what you mean about our reaction to people who simply want to walk the "best...easiest...most scenic" part of any route. Pilgrims follow the arrows to the destination, Santiago. But I'd actively encourage people to try parts of a route no matter their motivation. They'll probably grow to like it and walk the whole route.

Back