• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Other starting places besides SJPP?

Hi All,

I am unclear whether I want to start in SJPP. I have an SI Joint issue & I am concerned about pushing my back that hard on the 1st day out. I figure I will get in better shape along the Camino. I want to be safe starting out to avoid injury. Where else are good places to start Camino Frances besides SJPP?

Thank you
Xoxo

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I believe most Spanish pilgrims start at Roncesvalles. That would provide a far more gentle introduction to the Camino.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
For more info on the Valcarlos route to Roncesvalles as suggested by Felipe read this earlier thread. In no sense is this flat or easy; you walk up and through the mountain pass instead of over the mountain.

Furthermore the descent from Roncesvalles down to Zubiri after the Alto de Erro is quite steep. Be aware. If the path is slick with rain or mud you can always opt to walk the verges of the parallel N 135 route. If may be slightly longer, but it is much safer

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Pamplona. It is easy to get to.

Falcon, thank you. I am considering that. I looked at flights. I can get a nonstop flight to Madrid & then fly to Pamplona for like $230. I have looked at the starting Valcarlos route & Roncevalles. I keep coming back to Pamplona. I kept thinking I needed to start in SJPP although I am questioning that. Is there in greater significance starting in SJPP?

Xoxo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You may try the "lower route" to Roncesvalles, even splitting the stage in two with a night stop at the good albergue of Valcarlos. Not too difficult, and picturesque.
Buen camino!

Felipe, thank you. If I start in SJPP, that's what I am considering doing. I am going in October & I wonder about the weather on both the routes out of SJPP. Xoxo

For more into on the Valcarlos route to Roncesvalles as suggested by Felipe read this earlier thread. In no sense is this flat or easy; you walk up and through the mountain pass instead of over the mountain.

Furthermore the descent from Roncesvalles down to Zubiri after the Alto de Erro is quite steep. Be aware. If the path is slick with rain or mud you can always opt to walk the verges of the parallel N 135 route. If may be slightly longer, but it is much safer

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Margaret,

Thank you. You are so kind & helpful. I have been reading your blog & pack list as well as your posts here. I am going back in forth about starting in SJPP. I know a lot of people start there & I felt I needed to start there also. Now, I am really considering what is going to be best for me to be able to make it all the way to Santiago & on to Muxia & Finnestre if I have enough time. I feel that I will be doing more Camino journeys in the future & could start in SJPP then. Is there any specific reason to start in SJPP?

Xoxo

The reason why so many people start in SJPP is that it has become " fashionable" over the past few years! Anne

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
... Is there any specific reason to start in SJPP?
Xoxo

None. It may come as a surprise but the Valcarlos route was THE original medieval pilgrims' path through the mountain pass to Roncesvalles; the present Napoleon camino over the mountain to Roncesvalles is later dating from the battles of 1804.

2004%25202.JPG

This is a 19th century print depicting Charlemagne mounted finding Roland dead in August 778 on the Valcarlos route near Roncesvalles. (For a further description of this scene see the Roncesvalles monastery history page) Hence the village of Valcarlos was named in honor of Carlos ie. Charlemagne.

MM

If you want to be gentle to yourself, considering your medical problem, start in Pamplona. It's still a long way to Santiago and don't believe the myth that your Camino Family is only composed on your first day ( ie SJPP). You will meet nice people all along the Way. Personally, I have never considered starting in SJPP, but have started 3 times from Roncesvalles, once from Jaca, once from Ourense and once from Oviedo ( which I didn't finish due to ill health). Most of the people who we met on our various Camino's and with whom we have kept in contact over the years, we have met well along the Way, never at the beginning. Anne

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I thought I "should" start in SJPdP, but a bout with Achilles tendinitis made me rethink it. I settled on Roncesvalles, as it seemed like a happy medium. Pamplona is also a great place to begin. However, my night at the albergue in Zabaldika with the Sisters of the Sacred Heart was a highlight on my pilgrimage! It is 7 miles before Pamplona.

You start where you want. There is no set route for the Camino. Traditionally you would start from home. That's very satisfying for those of us living in Europe, but if you're on another continent I'd advise against it!
St Jean is the point where routes from across Europe converge before crossing the Pyrenees. If you're not walking from elsewhere in Europe it makes little sense to start there. Having said that, everything about St Jean is lovely - the place itself, the little train from Bayonne, the shockingly sharp initial climb up out of it... But if, as you say, you're planning to return for many more Camino journeys, you'll find your way there eventually

Falcon, thank you. I am considering that. I looked at flights. I can get a nonstop flight to Madrid & then fly to Pamplona for like $230. I have looked at the starting Valcarlos route & Roncevalles. I keep coming back to Pamplona. I kept thinking I needed to start in SJPP although I am questioning that. Is there in greater significance starting in SJPP?

Xoxo

There is no greater significance to starting in SJPdP. I chose to go via SJPdP in order to walk the route Napoleon. Route Napoleon is where I had some of the worst weather on the journey as well as some of the most fantastic views. SJPdP is a quaint and hospitable village and is well worth visiting but no more so as many other villages along the way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, the two "purist" starting points are either from your own front door or the altar of your parish Church ... :)

But there are multiple starting points that have become popular since the Camino became popular again in the 1990s, including the old Mediaeval gathering points where pilgrims from outlying towns and villages would gather into their groups having finished the first leg of their journey from their homes to these places

Apart from SJPP and Roncesvalles, there are Paris or Tours, Vézelay, Le Puy, and Arles (well, technically the Arles Way could be considered as starting at Saint-Gilles, Arles was in mediaeval times nothing special, just the nearest major crossroads) -- the most important of these being SJPP, Roncesvalles, and Le Puy --- but outside these considerations, you really can start exactly wherever you wanted !!!

Some other secondary starting points such as Lourdes, Barcelona, Hendaye, Madrid, etc are becoming more popular now too as well for various different reasons

I have walked the Camino Frances twice - the first time from SJPDP in 2011 and then again this March from Pamplona.

Starting the camino from Pamplona was just as wonderful, it suited the season and the amount of time I had. Good luck with your decision!

buen camino

I note your SI joint issue. If you are an experienced trekker or hiker then please disregard my thoughts, which you probably already know.

Regardless of where you start, you will want to walk with a pack that is appropriately fitted, and learn for yourself where and how to position the waist belt to carry the weight of the pack -- for example, some advise to center and tighten the waist belt on the iliac crest, which may or may not work for you.

(I walked from SJPDP with herniated discs in my lower back and neck, and had no problems, however, the top front of one leg when numb walking to Navarette because a belt compressed a nerve at the front of my hip; it's still numb.)

Of course, you could use a bag transport company for parts or all of your camino, if you find the SI joint issue gives you problems.

Mile for mile, I found the walk from Pamplona easier and far more beautiful than the walks from either SJPDP or Roncesvalles, with more places to stop.

Good luck and buen camino.

Xoxo

Awakeningaimee:

First, if you choose Pamplona as a starting point, I recommend you take the train from Madrid (3hr 5 min,). There are several trains daily. Costs less than 40 euro's and you will get to see some of Spain.

I also would recommend starting at Corazon puro between Burguete and Zubiri. They will pick you up in Pamplona. Put you up for the night, feed you and get you started in the morning with several other Pilgrims. It will remove some of the uncertainty you might have beginning your Camino.

Contact email Corazonpuro.es

Whatever you decide will be right for you.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
We started in Saint Jean Pied de Port (May 24, 2014) because the walk over the Pyrenees was an experience I didn't want to miss. Because we had read so much about the long uphill walk, the three of us packed things we didn't need for the walk into one backpack and sent this through a transport company for 8 Euro. With lighter packs, the walk was easier on our legs, feet, and backs. Crossing the Pyrenees remains one of the highlights of our Camino, even though we went through rain and hail and mud several hours after we started walking. Saint Jean itself is a beautiful old walled city and there's an excitement among the many pilgrims starting there that I didn't sense in Roncesvalles or other places.

None. It may come as a surprise but the Valcarlos route was THE original medieval pilgrims' path through the mountain pass to Roncesvalles; the present Napoleon camino over the mountain to Roncesvalles is later dating from the battles of 1804.

2004%25202.JPG

This is a 19th century print depicting Charlemagne mounted finding Roland dead in August 778 on the Valcarlos route near Roncesvalles. (For a further description of this scene see the Roncesvalles monastery history page) Hence the village of Valcarlos was named in honor of Carlos ie. Charlemagne.

MM

Thank you very much, Margaret. I had read a little about Charlemagne & the Valcarlos route. I appreciate the more detailed info. Xoxoxo

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you want to be gentle to yourself, considering your medical problem, start in Pamplona. It's still a long way to Santiago and don't believe the myth that your Camino Family is only composed on your first day ( ie SJPP). You will meet nice people all along the Way. Personally, I have never considered starting in SJPP, but have started 3 times from Roncesvalles, once from Jaca, once from Ourense and once from Oviedo ( which I didn't finish due to ill health). Most of the people who we met on our various Camino's and with whom we have kept in contact over the years, we have met well along the Way, never at the beginning. Anne

Anne,

Thank you so much. I am considering Pamplona at this point over SJPP or Roncevalles. I am going to see how I feel closer to October 1. I want to be gentle with myself the 1st week or so. I am kind of a loner although I love people. I'm okay if I have a Camino family & okay if I don't. I am open to whatever the journey brings. I appreciate you. Xoxo

I thought I "should" start in SJPdP, but a bout with Achilles tendinitis made me rethink it. I settled on Roncesvalles, as it seemed like a happy medium. Pamplona is also a great place to begin. However, my night at the albergue in Zabaldika with the Sisters of the Sacred Heart was a highlight on my pilgrimage! It is 7 miles before Pamplona.

Phillypilgrim,

Thank you for telling me about your journey & the encouragement. The Sisters of the Sacred Heart sound wonderful. Xoxoxo

You start where you want. There is no set route for the Camino. Traditionally you would start from home. That's very satisfying for those of us living in Europe, but if you're on another continent I'd advise against it!
St Jean is the point where routes from across Europe converge before crossing the Pyrenees. If you're not walking from elsewhere in Europe it makes little sense to start there. Having said that, everything about St Jean is lovely - the place itself, the little train from Bayonne, the shockingly sharp initial climb up out of it... But if, as you say, you're planning to return for many more Camino journeys, you'll find your way there eventually

Metropolly,

I'm from Dallas, TX. So, walking from home is impossible. I considered taking a transatlantic cruise & walking the deck daily. I have tried to work it out in my mind starting at my door. I have read some people walk to the airport. That would take 3 days or so. So, I think I'll start from home internally & externally probably in Pamplona. I still have awhile as I am not starting until October 1 I hope.

I have a feeling I will walk quite a few Caminos in the coming years & I want to start of slow & carefully then build up.

Thank you so much. Xoxo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is no greater significance to starting in SJPdP. I chose to go via SJPdP in order to walk the route Napoleon. Route Napoleon is where I had some of the worst weather on the journey as well as some of the most fantastic views. SJPdP is a quaint and hospitable village and is well worth visiting but no more so as many other villages along the way.

Wariwharangi,

Thank you. I am sure the views are amazing. I appreciate your help. Xoxo

Well, the two "purist" starting points are either from your own front door or the altar of your parish Church ... :)

But there are multiple starting points that have become popular since the Camino became popular again in the 1990s, including the old Mediaeval gathering points where pilgrims from outlying towns and villages would gather into their groups having finished the first leg of their journey from their homes to these places

Apart from SJPP and Roncesvalles, there are Paris or Tours, Vézelay, Le Puy, and Arles (well, technically the Arles Way could be considered as starting at Saint-Gilles, Arles was in mediaeval times nothing special, just the nearest major crossroads) -- the most important of these being SJPP, Roncesvalles, and Le Puy --- but outside these considerations, you really can start exactly wherever you wanted !!!

Some other secondary starting points such as Lourdes, Barcelona, Hendaye, Madrid, etc are becoming more popular now too as well for various different reasons

JabbaPapa,

If I lived in Europe, I would start from my door. I live in Dallas, TX. I would love to start in Paris, Lourdes or Le Puy. I will hopefully have 6 to 7 weeks to walk the Frances. So, those are out of the question at this point. Perhaps, another year.

I appreciate your help. Thank you xoxo

I have walked the Camino Frances twice - the first time from SJPDP in 2011 and then again this March from Pamplona.

Starting the camino from Pamplona was just as wonderful, it suited the season and the amount of time I had. Good luck with your decision!

buen camino

Norelle,

I'm glad that both starting places were just as wonderful for you. Thank you so much for telling me. Xoxo

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Metropolly, I'm from Dallas, TX. So, walking from home is impossible. I considered taking a transatlantic cruise & walking the deck daily.
Really? Don't! My post was merely pointing out that there is no official 'start point' to the Camino, because originally you would start from home, usually somewhere no more than two or three border crossings away. This is an international forum run from Spain, so I could not know you were from the US. I hope you weren't seriously thinking I would suggest the only 'true' way to do this is walk from Texas? Honestly, Pamplona is far enough!

I note your SI joint issue. If you are an experienced trekker or hiker then please disregard my thoughts, which you probably already know.

Regardless of where you start, you will want to walk with a pack that is appropriately fitted, and learn for yourself where and how to position the waist belt to carry the weight of the pack -- for example, some advise to center and tighten the waist belt on the iliac crest, which may or may not work for you.

(I walked from SJPDP with herniated discs in my lower back and neck, and had no problems, however, the top front of one leg when numb walking to Navarette because a belt compressed a nerve at the front of my hip; it's still numb.)

Of course, you could use a bag transport company for parts or all of your camino, if you find the SI joint issue gives you problems.

Mile for mile, I found the walk from Pamplona easier and far more beautiful than the walks from either SJPDP or Roncesvalles, with more places to stop.

Good luck and buen camino.

Leaningforward,

I appreciate the advice. I am investigating ultralight packs & gear. I figure I will use transport for my bag if I need to although will do my best to carry it. I'm sorry to hear about your leg. I am going to have my chiropractor who was in the army & hiked a lot check my pack position & belts before I go.

I am leaning toward starting in Pamplona.

Thank you very much xoxo

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Awakeningaimee:

First, if you choose Pamplona as a starting point, I recommend you take the train from Madrid (3hr 5 min,). There are several trains daily. Costs less than 40 euro's and you will get to see some of Spain.

I also would recommend starting at Corazon puro between Burguete and Zubiri. They will pick you up in Pamplona. Put you up for the night, feed you and get you started in the morning with several other Pilgrims. It will take some of the uncertainty you might have beginning your Camino.

Contact email Corazonpuro.es

Whatever you decide will be right for you.

Ultreya,
Joe

Joe,

I appreciate the suggestions. I was looking at flights from Madrid to Pamplona. The train sounds much more reasonable. I am thinking I will fly to Madrid as there is a direct flight from Dallas.

I will check out Corazon Puro.

Thank you lots xoxo

We started in Saint Jean Pied de Port (May 24, 2014) because the walk over the Pyrenees was an experience I didn't want to miss. Because we had read so much about the long uphill walk, the three of us packed things we didn't need for the walk into one backpack and sent this through a transport company for 8 Euro. With lighter packs, the walk was easier on our legs, feet, and backs. Crossing the Pyrenees remains one of the highlights of our Camino, even though we went through rain and hail and mud several hours after we started walking. Saint Jean itself is a beautiful old walled city and there's an excitement among the many pilgrims starting there that I didn't sense in Roncesvalles or other places.

Lizaresandrea,

Sounds like you had an amazing experience. Thank you xoxo

Really? Don't! My post was merely pointing out that there is no official 'start point' to the Camino, because originally you would start from home, usually somewhere no more than two or three border crossings away. This is an international forum run from Spain, so I could not know you were from the US. I hope you weren't seriously thinking I would suggest the only 'true' way to do this is walk from Texas? Honestly, Pamplona is far enough!

Metropolly,

Yes. I really considered taking a transatlantic cruise partly to walk on water to the Camino & partly because I am afraid to fly over the Atlantic. I would still need to get to the ship & Dallas is landlocked. So, I think I'll take some transportation.

I never thought you were suggesting that. I have been considering all the ways that I could get there, if I could start from my door & if I can make it on the Camino for awhile. I think probably a direct flight to Madrid & a train or plane to Pamplona is probably best for me at this point. If I had unlimited time, I might try walking the whole way from my door partly via cruise ship. At least it's interesting to consider. I think it would take a long time as I'd have to walk to NYC first to get the boat or maybe Florida. So, I doubt that'll happen as my husband is already concerned about me being gone for 6 or 7 weeks. It would certainly be epic though.

Thank you very much. Xoxo

Hi All,

I am unclear whether I want to start in SJPP. I have an SI Joint issue & I am concerned about pushing my back that hard on the 1st day out. I figure I will get in better shape along the Camino. I want to be safe starting out to avoid injury. Where else are good places to start Camino Frances besides SJPP?

Thank you
Xoxo

I'm a 66 year old flatlander, in reasonable shape. I walk every day. Here is the plan for my wife and I this September.
First night at Corazon Puro in Viscarret. First day walk from Viscarret to Akerreta, second day Akerreta to Pamplona. Roughly a couple of 10 mile days (close enough). That should be a good shakedown for us, then we'll be on a "regular" schedule after Pamplona.
We were going to start in Roncesvalles, but it is no big deal to us.
Have a great journey, no matter where you start.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm a 66 year old flatlander, in reasonable shape. I walk every day. Here is the plan for my wife and I this September.
First night at Corazon Puro in Viscarret. First day walk from Viscarret to Akerreta, second day Akerreta to Pamplona. Roughly a couple of 10 mile days (close enough). That should be a good shakedown for us, then we'll be on a "regular" schedule after Pamplona.
We were going to start in Roncesvalles, but it is no big deal to us.
Have a great journey, no matter where you start.

Capt. Buddy,

That sounds like a great plan. Thank you xo

Aimee

Metropolly,

Yes. I really considered taking a transatlantic cruise partly to walk on water to the Camino & partly because I am afraid to fly over the Atlantic. I would still need to get to the ship & Dallas is landlocked. So, I think I'll take some transportation.

I never thought you were suggesting that. I have been considering all the ways that I could get there, if I could start from my door & if I can make it on the Camino for awhile. I think probably a direct flight to Madrid & a train or plane to Pamplona is probably best for me at this point. If I had unlimited time, I might try walking the whole way from my door partly via cruise ship. At least it's interesting to consider. I think it would take a long time as I'd have to walk to NYC first to get the boat or maybe Florida. So, I doubt that'll happen as my husband is already concerned about me being gone for 6 or 7 weeks. It would certainly be epic though.

Well, next best thing might be -- walk to the airport in the US, then walk from the airport in Spain ?

-- though if you REALLY get the Camino bug badly during these few weeks, you *could* use these people (for a future Camino) : http://www.cruisepeople.co.uk/transat.htm - or - https://www.freightercruises.com/seaworthy_news_1209.php -- to walk from your home to Houston, ship across the Atlantic from there on a freighter to Le Havre/Antwerp/Genoa, and walk from there to Compostela ; but that would be just about as crazy or crazier as anything I have done !!!

Well, next best thing might be -- walk to the airport in the US, then walk from the airport in Spain ?

-- though if you REALLY get the Camino bug badly during these few weeks, you *could* use these people (for a future Camino) : http://www.cruisepeople.co.uk/transat.htm - or - https://www.freightercruises.com/seaworthy_news_1209.php -- to walk from your home to Houston, ship across the Atlantic from there on a freighter to Le Havre/Antwerp/Genoa, and walk from there to Compostela ; but that would be just about as crazy or crazier as anything I have done !!!

JabbaPapa,

Texas is huge. It's 239 miles to Houston from Dallas by highway. So, while a novel idea, it's unlikely to happen as my family is already wondering what they'll do without me while I am on the Camino. I like it though. Thank you xoxo

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Aimee,

The lure of walking directly from home is always SO strong. Late autumn 2008 I walked from our farm located on the Marne river over the hills to Vezelay by simply climbing the hill behind our farmhouse and moving south! Following small roads and eventual marked paths I generally stayed in chambres d'hotes.

During one cold, foggy stretch I bought a welcome goody at a boulangerie and ate happily while sitting on a public bench, too lazy to remove my pack. As I continued a car of Gendarmes stopped and checked my papers!! Rural France just can't be too careful about old ladies out hiking alone in the wood late in November! Since the police were rather stunned that I was aiming for Vezelay I didn't dare mention that I intended to continue to Spain and Santiago! Unfortunately my knees gave out at Vezelay forcing me to return home to continue the following spring after a winter hibernation.
...Nevertheless I still dream of starting once again from our door.

MM

In 2012 we met a man in Palas de Rei who was on his 7th and last Camino (said age was catching up to him). He told us that he had once walked from his front door in Germany. I have no reason to doubt what he said.
On the other hand, I have a friend in Santander, who walks some part, if not all, of a Camino every year. He has a stack of Compostelas. :)
I'll have to ask him if he's walked from his house.

SJPD is a pretty place, it’s interesting to visit and of course there’s a buzz from the pilgrims starting out but I didn’t think there is anything magical about the place. I arrived there freezing cold and dripping wet after having cycled for hours in a torrential rain to receive a wonderful welcome at Gite Izaxulo and one of the best hot showers I have ever had. I went to the Pilgrims Office, (definitely do this if you go to SJPD) and found that the majority of people there had, like myself, already travelled 100s of miles on their journey.

It is fun to say you have walked/cycled from France to Spain but it’s not so special when you are there - the signs change language and that’s about it. On a good day I suspect the climb over the mountains would be amazing but on a wet foggy day there’s nothing to see but fog and I would describe the experience as character building rather than enjoyable. I found Charlemagne’s Chapel and the Charlemagne Monument spooky in thick fog and it was a relief to arrive at Roncesvalles.

I loved Pamplona. It’s a really interesting place with fantastic food and an interesting Cathedral to visit. The metal discs that mark the camino in the city also mean that it’s hard to get lost! The route along the river into Pamplona is lovely.

I travel from West Coast USA to the UK fairly regularly and I find it completely insane that people arrive late in the SJPD after flying half way across the world and then attempt to walk across the Pyrenees early the next morning when thoroughly jet lagged. If you are going to make the journey to SJDP you might as well make the time to see it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do - Helen

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Texas is huge. It's 239 miles to Houston from Dallas by highway. So, while a novel idea, it's unlikely to happen as my family is already wondering what they'll do without me while I am on the Camino. I like it though. Thank you xoxo

My last Camino was 1500 miles, and my next 1200 --- which simply means you're preaching hugeness to the converted hehehe ... :)

Buen Camino, peregrina, and I'd say that in general you already have your act together anyway ...

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back