• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Our Camino Frances Experience

SandyH

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April/May (2018)
Camino del Norte (sometime in 2019)
We walked the Camino Frances in April/May of 2018. We are already planning our next Camino (probably a del Norte)
We have created daily videos of our experience and some information videos, as well.
Here's a link to our Camino playlist on our YouTube channel, Wanderful Revolution.
Head over and take a look! Sbscribe to our channel while you are there if you enjoy our content!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBM1AyNk6flz749w31KYNwgRdoGm4bLjc

Can't wait to hear from you! We love talking about the Camino, so ask any questions you have. If there is anything you'd like to see a video of? let us know!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Nice work!! Love the drone shots. But it's a shame you didn't go into San Anton, right before Castrojeritz. It's the best alburgue around that area!! Just saying (as a former hospitalera from there !) Thanks for sharing!!

Nice work!! Love the drone shots. But it's a shame you didn't go into San Anton, right before Castrojeritz. It's the best alburgue around that area!! Just saying (as a former hospitalera from there !) Thanks for sharing!!

We would have loved to stay at San Anton. Unfortunately we were through there a couple days before it opened up for the season. We will definitely try again the next time we are on the Frances!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We would have loved to stay at San Anton. Unfortunately we were through there a couple days before it opened up for the season. !

I should have taken more careful note of the trees...you were early in the season!! Ah well as you said...there is always next time! Or the time after that..... ;-)

I should have taken more careful note of the trees...you were early in the season!! Ah well as you said...there is always next time! Or the time after that..... ;-)

There are most certainly more to come!

Oh thank you this is very helpful - we're thinking about starting early April next year - though I think it will take us a lot longer to get to SDJ - I'm planning on 60 days I think with 20km days and some tourist days in the bigger towns.

What sort of temperatures were you getting particularly overnight? I'd really prefer to walk in trekking sandals not shoes but I guess I'm going to need shoes as I see snow on the ground! did you carry sleeping bags - I was hoping to get away with a silk liner and a very light weight bag which I can dump later on - we'll have merino layers and I have a very similar down jacket to yours.

Oh and did you find allbergues, hostels, hotels without pre-booking - I really don't want to book in advance because I have no idea how long we'll be able to walk each day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.