• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Our Camino Video

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jim,
Great Video!! My wife and I shared a lunch table with you some place after Leon in September. Only saw you guys that day but spent a lot of time with Matt and Mary Ann.

Jack

Hi Jack,
Thanks. Yeah, I think that lunch was in Acebo. As I recall you guys are from the big H. We reached Santiago on 25 Sept.

Jim

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. I’ll be on the way beginning May 14th and hope I bring back photos that are as good.

Buen Camino

This is a wonderful vimeo! I loved the music. I've bookmarked it so I can post a link to my site, if you have no objections. Please let me know. I'm in the process of creating a sharing community for all our photos, videos, stories etc. If you have a website, I will link it too. You can check it out here http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/

Thanks again, Yaz

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Jim,
I'm a new member and plan on doing the Camino this coming fall. I loved your video, it is one of the best I've seen so far. At the time of year you walked, how busy was it, and did you have problems finding accomodations? Also, how bad was the heat.

This is a wonderful vimeo! I loved the music. I've bookmarked it so I can post a link to my site, if you have no objections. Please let me know. I'm in the process of creating a sharing community for all our photos, videos, stories etc. If you have a website, I will link it too. You can check it out here http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/

Thanks again, Yaz
Hi Yaz,
Yes, you have my permission to include the link on your site. I myself just discovered your site a couple of days ago, and found it to be a very good resource for pilgrims old and new.
Jim

Brilliant! Brought back loads of memories. I have many photos but am too technologically challenged to present them like this!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Jim,
I'm a new member and plan on doing the Camino this coming fall. I loved your video, it is one of the best I've seen so far. At the time of year you walked, how busy was it, and did you have problems finding accomodations? Also, how bad was the heat.
When we walked (last half of August through the end of September), it seemed very busy in places and not so busy in others. This was our first Camino, so I have no way to compare it to other times of the year.

Regarding crowds, it seemed quite busy between SJPP and Pamplona, and of course the last 100 km, after Sarria. We took it slow, averaging just under 12 miles (20 km) per day, so we generally arrived at our place for the night in the early afternoon and never had problems finding beds. After Sarria, however, we did call ahead to private albergues to ensure that we had beds, but we only called the night before when we had a pretty good idea of our next day's destination. For the rest of the Camino, we just stopped where we felt like it and never felt the need to reserve ahead.

Weather-wise, we miraculously escaped the rain until we actually reached Santiago. There were a couple of foggy, misty days in Galicia, and one day along the Meseta where we had a very light sprinkle. And there was one terrific thunderstorm the night we stayed in Villarmentero, but it didn't start until we already in bed for the night and the sky was clear in the morning. Other than that, it only started raining on us as we were actually with Santiago and continued off and on for the four days we stayed there. The hottest daytime temperatures we experiences were a few days in the low to mid 90's F in late August/early September. The lowest were in the mid-40's F, primarily when we were at higher elevations. Be aware, however, that we walked during an unusual weather pattern, so more rain than we experienced would be the norm.

Hope this helps, and Buen Camino!
Jim

Last edited:
I finally completed a video slideshow of our pilgrimage on the Camino Frances from mid-August to the end of September 2013. It's posted here: www.vimeo.com/83392221
Buen Camino,
Jim

Thanks Jim,

I just spent some lovely time viewing your memories on a cold winter's night. Great photo's and it was very thoughtful of you to include photographs of your Camino family with the names of the camera-shy folks. I hope they all see this.

Again, thanks.

Buen Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
When we walked (last half of August through the end of September), it seemed very busy in places and not so busy in others. This was our first Camino, so I have no way to compare it to other times of the year.

Regarding crowds, it seemed quite busy between SJPP and Pamplona, and of course the last 100 km, after Sarria. We took it slow, averaging just under 12 miles (20 km) per day, so we generally arrived at our place for the night in the early afternoon and never had problems finding beds. After Sarria, however, we did call ahead to private albergues to ensure that we had beds, but we only called the night before when we had a pretty good idea of our next day's destination. For the rest of the Camino, we just stopped where we felt like it and never felt the need to reserve ahead.

Weather-wise, we miraculously escaped the rain until we actually reached Santiago. There were a couple of foggy, misty days in Galicia, and one day along the Meseta where we had a very light sprinkle. And there was one terrific thunderstorm the night we stayed in Villarmentero, but it didn't start until we already in bed for the night and the sky was clear in the morning. Other than that, it only started raining on us as we were actually with Santiago and continued off and on for the four days we stayed there. The hottest daytime temperatures we experiences were a few days in the low to mid 90's F in late August/early September. The lowest were in the mid-40's F, primarily when we were at higher elevations. Be aware, however, that we walked during an unusual weather pattern, so more rain than we experienced would be the norm.

Hope this helps, and Buen Camino!
Jim
Thanks so much for your response

Hi Yaz,
Yes, you have my permission to include the link on your site. I myself just discovered your site a couple of days ago, and found it to be a very good resource for pilgrims old and new.
Jim

Great Jim! Its such a lovely reminder, it HAS to be included! Thank you for sharing.
Yaz

Hi Jack,
Thanks. Yeah, I think that lunch was in Acebo. As I recall you guys are from the big H. We reached Santiago on 25 Sept.

Jim
Great memory we arrived on the September 23 so we just missed you. Your video brought back numerous great memories.

Jack

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I finally completed a video slideshow of our pilgrimage on the Camino Frances from mid-August to the end of September 2013. It's posted here: www.vimeo.com/83392221
Buen Camino,
Jim
Great job Jim, that was a pleasure to watch. Can only imagine how much editing time that took from start to finish . . .

Great job Jim, that was a pleasure to watch. Can only imagine how much editing time that took from start to finish . . .
According to my wife, way too much! :rolleyes:

Lol, it was sure worth it, I'll vouch for you !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank You .. I very much enjoyed .

Thanks to all for your comments.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great film!

I walked it around the same time and recoganise many of the faces. Brings back the memories alright.

Back