• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Our forum guides from Lisboa and Porto -- new versions?

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, everyone,

Last year I did an update of the guide from Lisboa, but not the one from Porto because I just didn't get enough feedback to make it worthwhile. This year I haven't had any feedback on the guide for either route. I'm thinking that the Breierley guide has filled the void that our little guides used to fill, so maybe it's time to let our forum guides to the Portugués go off into the sunset.

Suggestions welcome, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, everyone,

Last year I did an update of the guide from Lisboa, but not the one from Porto because I just didn't get enough feedback to make it worthwhile. This year I haven't had any feedback on the guide for either route. I'm thinking that the Breierley guide has filled the void that our little guides used to fill, so maybe it's time to let our forum guides to the Portugués go off into the sunset.

Suggestions welcome, Laurie
Please do continue making those guides available or to update them. Ghastly thought to have the B-guide as the only option (in english) - I know I have sent several updates last year - also for the north of Porto route. Perhaps they were not received? Please advise...
Thanks again for the upkeep on the forum guides.
C

They are also an invaluable resource for pilgrims on a very tight budget! Buen Camino, SY

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Please do continue making those guides available or to update them. Ghastly thought to have the B-guide as the only option (in english) - I know I have sent several updates last year - also for the north of Porto route. Perhaps they were not received? Please advise...
Thanks again for the upkeep on the forum guides.
C

Hi, Claudia,
You should re-send me whatever updates you have for the Porto section. I'm sure they were received, but I have no memory of what happened. And checking my computer files hasn't cleared up the mystery.

I'm happy to do the physical part of taking the comments and putting them into the guide, but the problem is that I don't have any comments to input yet. I haven't walked this route since 2008 or 9, so I can't help with the substance of the updates. Thanks much, buen camino, Laurie

Do you have a link I'm interested in Porto section.

Thank you
Craig

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My husband and I did the Portuguese way in Sept/Oct 2015. I am happy to give information but wonder just what info you would like. OTE="peregrina2000, post: 362123, member: 537"]Hi, everyone,

Suggestions welcome, Laurie[/QUOTE]
L

My husband and I walked the Portuguese Way in Sept/Oct we are happy to add any information we can, but wonder what info you need. Also we are unaware of the forum guides, please let us know how to access them. Thank you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My husband and I walked the Portuguese Way in Sept/Oct we are happy to add any information we can, but wonder what info you need. Also we are unaware of the forum guides, please let us know how to access them. Thank you!
Hi, 2IslandWalkers,
Welcome to the forum. To find the guides, go to Resources and then look for the Camino Portugues category. The guides are listed there: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-portugues.40/

Specifically: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/the-camino-portugués-–-oporto-to-santiago.124/
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/lisbon-to-porto-2015-version.298/

I think that unless you walked with the guides, helping with the updates will be difficult, but I would appreciate any comments you can add. Thanks, Laurie

Hi Laurie.
I have noticed that during 2015 many used you guide and others have read it and took important notes like the pick&drop service.
No feedback ? Well no news are good news, meaning probably there are no major issues about it.
Also some have download it from CSJ website not in the forum
Mario

Hi there - I'm hoping to do the Camino Portuguese early October start 2016. Was the weather okay for you? I mean, did it rain much? I plan to go alone, female - would you see any issues with that? I did the Frances alone this past May without any issues at all. Thanks so much! Coco

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Laurie. I will be walking the CP in May/June 2016 and will send through all the updates once I get home. I am going to walk from Lisbon to Porto and then follow the coast and up the river to Tui. I have an older version of Brierly but will use your guide too. Many thanks for all your hard work on this. Mel

@peregrina2000 , I am trying to figure out what I want to walk this spring: Invierno, but may lack the company I sometimes need to get motivated during a long day, going back to the Noete and Primitivo, or doing the Salvador and then thePrimitivo again, or the Portugues. But all of it? From Porto to Santiago and then Muxia & Fisterra?

This Spring I walked with a man from Portugal who told me that the bit fromt Lisbon to O'Porto is not particularly pleasant. True?

@peregrina2000
This Spring I walked with a man from Portugal who told me that the bit fromt Lisbon to O'Porto is not particularly pleasant. True?

Hi, Anemone,
This is one of those never-ending debates, one that can never be settled because it is all about opinions and there is nothing wrong or right about opinions. I have walked from Lisbon, but it was years ago. I love Portugal, and I think there are some very nice towns along the way -- Santarem, Golega,Tomar, Coimbra (a city) to pick my favorites. The amount of asphalt is a concern for some, but it has been decreasing every year as the Via Lusitana finds new alternatives. It is not stunning mountain scenery, not in the wilderness, it is pleasant and rural. And the people are over the top kind and warm.

Here is a link to give some more opinions -- https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/why-start-in-lisbon.29651/#post-288643

Try magwood's blog: http://magwood.me/camino-portuguese/

I know there were a lot of forum members who started in Lisbon this spring (I met about 7 of them in Lisbon when I was there for work in May and we had a get together), so maybe a post with Lisbon in the title would elicit some comments from them.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.