• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Our preparation for the CP with special people

Emia

Well folks, we're really doing fine! Though I have to admit I sometimes feel rather desperate o_O

We went shopping for some hardware and I think we did a good job - doesn't the rainponcho look sexy? But OMG, it's really hard to get the right gear for 6 young adults. One of them insisted on walking the Camino in.... € 20,00 chucks. While breaking them in (and while learning by doing) she noticed this wasn't a such good idea. Which meant another trip to the outdoor shop....

We also bought some real good socks ("I don't like these grey ones, I want blue socks"), light & fast drying T-shirts ("why don't they have them in yellow?"), waterbottles ("why do they smell so funny?") and fleece sweaters ("I don't like this collar!"). After three shopping tours I nearly lost my patience. "Why do I need earplugs?" Because I say so. Period. My holiday app says only 113 days to go. By then I will be a nervous wreck LOL.

I stopped counting, but I have at least 7 Compostellanums and several certificates from Finisterra and Muxia, and I always walked solo. This is definitely another league. My coworker is 50 years old and in a very good condition, but she's totally inexperienced regarding walking trips, packing a backpack, dealing with blisters, wet feet and pulpo for dinner. And she also carries some serious troubles in her backpack.

Sometimes I'm afraid that I won't be able to make the switch from my solo Caminos to this on duty Camino. This Camino is not about me, but about my young adults and my coworker - and all of them have so many issues to handle, so many borders to cross, new experiences to make - it really feels like a huge challenge. I hope and pray that I'll be able to supervise those issues.

31355162_2028786527163526_7272669009236466486_n.jpg31393912_2028786490496863_1679368626256918085_n.jpg31398124_2028786557163523_6486052954952104133_n.jpg31490650_2028786597163519_6762414726092201125_n.jpg31355162_2028786527163526_7272669009236466486_n.jpg31393912_2028786490496863_1679368626256918085_n.jpg31398124_2028786557163523_6486052954952104133_n.jpg31490650_2028786597163519_6762414726092201125_n.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I really wish you all the best but like I told you on another thread...please do consider a plan b for when of your pupils needs to stop?
Some kind of back up plan?
You have my sympathy because I know the difficulty of going on an organised trip with patients with mental health issues.
All the best!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well folks, we're really doing fine! Though I have to admit I sometimes feel rather desperate o_O

We went shopping for some hardware and I think we did a good job - doesn't the rainponcho look sexy? But OMG, it's really hard to get the right gear for 6 young adults. One of them insisted on walking the Camino in.... € 20,00 chucks. While breaking them in (and while learning by doing) she noticed this wasn't a such good idea. Which meant another trip to the outdoor shop....

We also bought some real good socks ("I don't like these grey ones, I want blue socks"), light & fast drying T-shirts ("why don't they have them in yellow?"), waterbottles ("why do they smell so funny?") and fleece sweaters ("I don't like this collar!"). After three shopping tours I nearly lost my patience. "Why do I need earplugs?" Because I say so. Period. My holiday app says only 113 days to go. By then I will be a nervous wreck LOL.

I stopped counting, but I have at least 7 Compostellanums and several certificates from Finisterra and Muxia, and I always walked solo. This is definitely another league. My coworker is 50 years old and in a very good condition, but she's totally inexperienced regarding walking trips, packing a backpack, dealing with blisters, wet feet and pulpo for dinner. And she also carries some serious troubles in her backpack.

Sometimes I'm afraid that I won't be able to make the switch from my solo Caminos to this on duty Camino. This Camino is not about me, but about my young adults and my coworker - and all of them have so many issues to handle, so many borders to cross, new experiences to make - it really feels like a huge challenge. I hope and pray that I'll be able to supervise those issues.

View attachment 43178View attachment 43179View attachment 43180View attachment 43181View attachment 43178View attachment 43179View attachment 43180View attachment 43181
Remind us of the dates. You will need all the help you can get - maybe! Brave new world, wishing you all the best.

I am curious...define young adult. Someone over the age of 17? And 6 of them! You’re a better man than I, Gunga Din!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Looking forward to your updates. Wishing you and the crew a very buen camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hang in there @Emia! Wonderful.
I had somehow missed your other threads and just went to read about what you are doing - and send heartfelt wishes for an uneventful journey. This could make a huge difference in the lives of these kids! And as you are saying it will take more than a little planning, luck, and prayers to pull it off.

By now you likely have plans A and B...and hopefully between now and then you manage to find someone who can offer back-up in case of emergency, or just becasue your hands are too full with multiple toxic dramas all at once.

It could be a healing journey for them. You would observe their growth/maturity along the Way. Your hard-work for their mental well-being will be handsomely rewarded.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.