• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ourense to Santiago

Jenny Bray-Cotton

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 Sarria to Santiago
2015 Viano do Castrllo to Santiago
2016 - planned - Ourense to Santiago
Hi fellow perigrino's
I will be walking Ourense-Cea-Dozen-Lalin-Sileda-Ponte Ulla-Santiago in a few weeks time. Can you advise if this route is well signed?
Buen Camino
Jenny

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Jenny,
i walked from Ourense last Sept and i found it very well signed. Its a beautiful route and imo the best 100k entry to Santiago. Enjoy!
Buen camino
Aidan

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I came through in June with SYates' notes - and found someone must have been out with a paint pot. No trouble at all.

Yes, traditionally the Amigos that re-paint arrows and check the way marking in general do this in Spring, I might just have been a few days ahead of them ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Absolutely no problem. Except when one has to walk a stretch in the fog on elevations. Follow your nose....:cool:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi fellow perigrino's
I will be walking Ourense-Cea-Dozen-Lalin-Sileda-Ponte Ulla-Santiago in a few weeks time. Can you advise if this route is well signed?
Buen Camino
Jenny
I walked there in 2014. I can't remember it was a problem with the marking.
Tom

Can you advise if this route is well signed?
I would say "yes," but I did miss the first right turn, the recommended route, and settled for the second right turn which had some dead end arrows. The hill climb was the steepest I have encountered anywhere, but it only lasted about a half-hour. The sign at the top (for cars going down) listed it as something like a 13% grade!

Thank you all for your replies, I only asked as I got lost many times last year Viano de castelo - Santiago. I am also struggling to find walking notes for Oursense-Cea-Dozen-Lalin-Sileda-Pomte Ulla-Santiago, does anyone know of any I can download or a guide book I should buy, I have also though of purchasing a GPS device. - your suggestions please.
I will be walking the above alone starting from Ourense 31/8/2016, anyone else on the same route and days?
Thanks again
Buen Camino
Jenny

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A GPS is not necessary unless you want to keep a plot of the track, or just enjoy using one. You may want a guide book. The best ones are in Spanish! :)

By the way, the albergue is not near the bus station, but is high on the hill with a great view! Some hospitaleros are a bit "harsh." ;)

http://www.gronze.com/via-plata

Thank you all for your replies, I only asked as I got lost many times last year Viano de castelo - Santiago. I am also struggling to find walking notes for Oursense-Cea-Dozen-Lalin-Sileda-Pomte Ulla-Santiago, does anyone know of any I can download or a guide book I should buy, I have also though of purchasing a GPS device. - your suggestions please.
I will be walking the above alone starting from Ourense 31/8/2016, anyone else on the same route and days?
Thanks again
Buen Camino
Jenny

As @falcon269 has said, a GPS is not necessary (and it includes a learning curve anyway). A good and up to date guidebook is https://www.amazon.com/dp/1533170541/?tag=casaivar02-20

Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back