• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Outdoor Shops in Santiago

polsmith63

Paul The Dub
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013/4, Del Norte 2013/4 & 2016, Ingles 2013 & 2017, Primitivo 2016 & 2017,
VDLP (2018)
Guys & Girls,

I shall be in Santiago at the end of the month after hopefully completing the Camino Primitivo from Oviedo and taking in the Finisterre/Muxia loop.
I fancy some "Retail Therapy" for future Caminos and would like to know of any outdoor shops that sell clothing and equipment suitable for the Camino in Santiago.
I would appreciate the name of the shop and the street name if possible.
I know that I can "Google" this information but find that it results in too much information and a lot of time wasted tracking down unsuitable shops. So any first hand experiences would be welcome.

Regards

Paul

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I fancy some "Retail Therapy" for future Caminos and would like to know of any outdoor shops that sell clothing and equipment suitable for the Camino in Santiago.

Hi, not in the city centre itself, but out of town (4.7kms from the cathedral), there is a Decathlon Store. You’d have to ask Mr Google for directions.

Decathlon Santiago de Compostela
Sporting Goods Store
Address: Rúa de Polonia, 2, 15898 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Hours: Open today · 9AM–10PM
Phone: +34 981 89 75 16

There are a couple of outdoor shops near Praza Galicia (airport bus goes from here) one is Base on Fonte de Santo Antonio and is perhaps more sporty , opposite Hotel Compostela and the other one is on Rua das Orfas, around the corner from Café bar El Derby but I do not know the name but has lots of window displays so should be easy to find. They have lots of different Camino buffs.
We also came across a small Decathlon in the shopping area of Santiago not far from Praza Galicia but have no idea of the street, also it is a fairly new store.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is a small, well stocked, Decathlon City in the modern part of Santiago. 5 minutes walk from old town. Great value! Tourist Office will mark it on a map for you.

Madrid 12 mentioned an outdoor store around the corner from the Bar El Derby. The street is Rua Fonte de Santo Antonio, and the store is about 2 storefronts down from the El Derby, which is at the corner. It does have some great Camino buffs, reasonable walking sticks, all kinds of great socks and outdoor gear. It's not super large, but they really have a lot packed in to the space. May I recommend the Hotel Avenida, across the street from the outdoor store, if you should need accommodations. It's a quaint hotel, but wonderful, helpful reception folks, who can tell you how/where to do things, even if you do not speak great Spanish. The breakfast is good, and the rooms, while not fancy, are clean with good beds and hot water in the baths. They kept some extra clothing for us as we walking out to Finisterre and came back. They can tell you how to get to a good laundry a couple of blocks away too. We have stayed there three times now.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Madrid 12 mentioned an outdoor store around the corner from the Bar El Derby. The street is Rua Fonte de Santo Antonio, and the store is about 2 storefronts down from the El Derby, which is at the corner. It does have some great Camino buffs, reasonable walking sticks, all kinds of great socks and outdoor gear. It's not super large, but they really have a lot packed in to the space. May I recommend the Hotel Avenida, across the street from the outdoor store, if you should need accommodations. It's a quaint hotel, but wonderful, helpful reception folks, who can tell you how/where to do things, even if you do not speak great Spanish. The breakfast is good, and the rooms, while not fancy, are clean with good beds and hot water in the baths. They kept some extra clothing for us as we walking out to Finisterre and came back. They can tell you how to get to a good laundry a couple of blocks away too. We have stayed there three times now.
Thank you! It’s called ‘Deportes Romar’ and I’ve just bought walking poles and thermals from there :)

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.