• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Overcrowded? Not on the Camino de Madrid

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola Duke, Glad you had a good Camino. Walked Madrid route once and subsequently went back for a few days from Segovia.

Buen Camino.

There are many routes that aren't overcrowded so people who doesn't like crowds have a choice. They just have to look for it. However, not everyone likes to walk solitary routes and that's why they remain solitary.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked the Camino de Madrid April 12 - 26 this year, 2016, and saw only 2 pilgrims in two weeks. Plenty of solitude and time for reflection.

Duke:

You were only 13 days after me. How was the Cercedilla to Segovia section?

Joe

Duke:

Joe
Hi what is the significance of Cerdilla to Sergovia section.?
I am Thinking of doing CDM mid Sept .
Cheers walkmag

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
what is the significance of Cerdilla to Sergovia section.?

I guess jpflavin1 asked because he found a lot of snow on that stage and will like to compare it with the situation a few days later.

That section is the longest one without any intermediate towns. It's also the only mountainous stage of the Camino de Madrid. From Segovia onwards it's all meseta.

Hi what is the significance of Cerdilla to Sergovia section.?
I am Thinking of doing CDM mid Sept .
Cheers walkmag

Walkmag:

Cercedilla to Segovia is the longest and most difficult day on the Madrid. When I walked up to Puento Fuenfria there was a lot of snow. I was wondering what the conditions were two weeks later? I do not think snow will be an issue in September.

Ultreya,
Joe

Walkmag:

Cercedilla to Segovia is the longest and most difficult day on the Madrid. When I walked up to Puento Fuenfria there was a lot of snow. I was wondering what the conditions were two weeks later? I do not think snow will be an issue in September.

Ultreya,
Joe
thanks Everybody ..
I will do the Valsain detour , had already saved it way back sometime..but forgot I had it and that I needed it.:)

cheers Walkmag

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi everyone,

Okay, I'm going in late June... I assume there will be even fewer people on the road than in April, because of the heat?

/BP

Duke:

Joe
I went around it to Segovia by train. There was a massive downpour with a forecast of heavy snow the next day. The couple I walked with later told me that they had to deal with 20 inches of snow that day.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
thanks Everybody ..
I will do the Valsain detour , had already saved it way back sometime..but forgot I had it and that I needed it.:)

cheers Walkmag
Hi, walkmag,

Even if you do the Valsain detour there is still uphill section from Cercedilla to Puerto de Fuenfria to walk ;)
Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back