• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Overnight in La Faba but also go to Pilgrim's Mass in O Cebreiro

Bob Howard

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 2018 2022
This is a bit of an oddball question, and I did a search on the Forum but didn't see anything. As many of you know, there is a rather wonderful, and often moving, Pilgrims Mass in Cebreiro at the Church of Santa Maria.

So, if one were to stay in La Faba, is there a way to get a ride after arrival at La Faba to O Cebreiro for the Church of Santa Maria Pilgrims Mass and then return to La Faba. Wonder if there would be taxis operating up there? Maybe even hitchhike. It's about a 15 minute drive.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You’ll find a local taxi. Just ask at your albergue or hotel at La Faba and they’ll get you a number or even call it for you.

Chances are you’ll spot the number yourself on a poster before you even ask.

This is a bit of an oddball question, and I did a search on the Forum but didn't see anything. As many of you know, there is a rather wonderful, and often moving, Pilgrims Mass in Cebreiro at the Church of Santa Maria.

So, if one were to stay in La Faba, is there a way to get a ride after arrival at La Faba to O Cebreiro for the Church of Santa Maria Pilgrims Mass and then return to La Faba. Wonder if there would be taxis operating up there? Maybe even hitchhike. It's about a 15 minute drive.
I'm glad that you asked because otherwise I might have missed the mass and it sounds like a good experience. I'll be there tonight now thanks to your question.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Why not continue to O'Cebreiro? I can remember a wonderful pilgrims dinner in a local Pub and afterwards there was celtic life music with bagpipes etc.

Maybe because La Faba is a magical place? I found it so anyway; it's much quieter than O Cebreiro, which has a busier and more touristic buzz. And the albergue next to the church is so lovely.
O Cebreiro is also a magical place later in the day when the tourist buses leave. Beautiful sunset!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Back in 2017 having overnighted at Trabadelo we were in La Faba at around 11.00 and O'Cebreiro for lunch at 13.00. If pushed I would recommend O Çebreiro given its historical association with the Camino.

Maybe because La Faba is a magical place? I found it so anyway; it's much quieter than O Cebreiro, which has a busier and more touristic buzz. And the albergue next to the church is so lovely.

Yes, I like this albergue, which is run by a german pilgrims association. Sometimes there is mass or an evening prayer at the church in La Faba, too.

I do not really see the point in sleeping at La Faba but driving to a distant place to go to mass. Only few pilgrims who stayed at La Faba overnight attended the religious services which were offered in the nearby church, which is a pitty.

After 5 o'clock in the afternoon O'Cebreiro became a quiet place too. So it is in the early morning hours (but then it is unlikely that you will find the church open).

I think you have to take a decision and not try to pick the raisins out of the cake.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You’ll find a local taxi. Just ask at your albergue or hotel at La Faba and they’ll get you a number or even call it for you.

Chances are you’ll spot the number yourself on a poster before you even ask.
Met a guy in A Faba waiting for his taxi. He was sitting outside the local café and said the lady who owned it phoned for him. He was not going to Mass, just too tired to make the final walk so it was early afternoon. Dont know what kind of service you will get later on but a taxi is a definite possibility

I highly recommend the Albergue, Refugio in La Faba. Only 9 beds, amazing organic, vegetarian meals and a wonderful communal dinner.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back