• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Affordable Overnight Stay in Madrid with Easy Train or Metro Connection for Solo Female Traveler

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Looking for suggestions of where to stay for an overnight stop in Madrid between flights, fora single female arriving at night on a tight budget. Airport hotels are out of the price range. Someplace with an easy train or metro connection, auberge style is fine. Thanks!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello. I don't know whether these recommendations fit your budget, but here goes: I am a single woman and needed a room near the Madrid airport for an early flight in November 2021. I stayed at Hostal Viky and can recommend it. I had a private, clean, comfortable room. I felt safe and like I was in a village, although it did feel like I was the only one in the building at times. Hostal Viky has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and is only about 10-15 minutes away. I paid about 50 Euros for the stay. Before that, I stayed at Hostal Centro Sol, and can also recommend it, although trains into the city would require more travel. Hostal Centro Sol was also about 50 Euros per night.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I had a good night's sleep at Hostal Alfaro in 2021. I stayed in Hostal Guerra in Oct 2022; construction on the street then made for a noisy stay. (Thank God for noise-cancelling windows!) Both were small, safe, inexpensive places staffed by friendly, helpful people, near Plaza del Sol and easy access to the metro. A friend suggested Hostal Esmerelda as another inexpensive option. Buen camino!

One of the least expensive hostels that I’ve found in the city center is The Hat. Depending on the time of year you are there, bed rates are generally between €20-30. Centrally located near Plaza Mayor with close metro access. Clean, safe, with a friendly staff. I enjoyed my stay there a couple years ago.

I'm flying into Madrid around Feb 10 before heading off to Pamplona and I'm considering staying here as well.

I have stayed at OK Hostel Madrid many times and will always go back. It is in the La Latina section downtown. The prices are good for the 4 and 6 person dorm beds. About 25 euro. Very clean. Great breakfast for 6 euros. Lots of nice cafe/restaurants all around. Very friendly 24 hour staff. It is a fast and easy 30 euro taxi ride from the airport. 4 sporting goods stores within a few meters if you forgot something or lost luggage. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I stayed at the TOC hostel. It is very clean with an excellent staff. It is also very close to the Sol Metro station.

Hello. I don't know whether these recommendations fit your budget, but here goes: I am a single woman and needed a room near the Madrid airport for an early flight in November 2021. I stayed at Hostal Viky and can recommend it. I had a private, clean, comfortable room. I felt safe and like I was in a village, although it did feel like I was the only one in the building at times. Hostal Viky has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and is only about 10-15 minutes away. I paid about 50 Euros for the stay. Before that, I stayed at Hostal Centro Sol, and can also recommend it, although trains into the city would require more travel. Hostal Centro Sol was also about 50 Euros per night.
Hostel Viky has been recommended by quite a few people on here. It’s in the town called Barajas next to the airport and one stop on metro should shuttle not work. It os nice place with a number of local bars and restaurants. I often go there for lunch or dinner before a flight.

Hotel Vicky is great … free shuttle, comfortable rooms, close to restaurants… and really helpful staff.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed in Hostal Guerra in Oct 2022; construction on the street then made for a noisy stay.
Glad to report that the street construction has been completed as of November 2022. All is quiet as can be en el centro de Madrid.

I've been very comfortable at a small Hotel in the village of Barajas, one Metro stop from the T4 terminal of the Madrid Airport. The Villa de Barajas is a reasonably priced hotel located within easy walking distance from the Barajas Metro station. I've stayed there before and after two of my most recent Camino walks. During the Spring of 2022, the approximate cost per night was around $70US.

I have stayed at OK Hostel Madrid many times and will always go back. It is in the La Latina section downtown. The prices are good for the 4 and 6 person dorm beds. About 25 euro. Very clean. Great breakfast for 6 euros. Lots of nice cafe/restaurants all around. Very friendly 24 hour staff. It is a fast and easy 30 euro taxi ride from the airport. 4 sporting goods stores within a few meters if you forgot something or lost luggage. Buen Camino
To save a bit more money, take Madrid's excellent metro service from the airport to the centre of the city (Plaza del Sol is about as central as you can get), and save the money on cab fare.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
To save a bit more money, take Madrid's excellent metro service from the airport to the centre of the city (Plaza del Sol is about as central as you can get), and save the money on cab fare.
Madrid has a dual below ground train system. CercanĂ­as run by RENFE and the Metro.
With CercanĂ­as from Sol to T4 is about 30 minutes travel time though I always allot more time. I learned a more direct route this past November: from Sol take CercanĂ­as and change trains at the next stop, Nuevos Ministerios, instead of taking it to Chamartin. This allows you to walk comfortably inside the station to C1 or C10 to the airport T4. This way you bypass the mayhem of having to transfer at Chamartin to C1 or C10.
Here is the CercanĂ­as line map.
1673438850123.jpeg

@Grousedoctor got it right - The Hat is the best!! Around the corner from Plaza Mayor loaded with lots of fun stuff to do as well as their famous tapas themed street - Calle Cava Baja.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back