• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Overnight in Pamplona

camino6986

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2018)
Will arrive too late to get the bus from Pamplona to St Jean. Can I stay at an Alburque in Pamplona or do we have to stay in a regular hotel?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You can stay at an alburgue; just check the times for a curfew. You will need your pilgrim Credencial (passport), but you can pick one up in Pamplona, or order one before you depart from home.

That's good news. So you don't pick up a passport at the Alburgue. So where is Pamplona then?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hmm. Pamplona is in Spain. You may be able to pick up a Pilgrim Passport ( Credencial) at the Albergue(s) in Pamplona. You will need a Credencial to stay in the Albergue but most, if not all, will be able to provide if you explain that this is your first adventure onto Camino.
Pilgrims are welcomed into Albergues if they can demonstrate that they are pilgrims: and everyone has to start somewhere and it doesn't have to be a small town in France.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In 2016 I went to the Cathedral to buy my credencial and was sent over to the Cathedral library which was next door.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back