• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Overnight on Madrid

Time of past OR future Camino
October (2016)
I arrive soon late on a Saturday afternoon in Madrid, needing to catch a Sunday bus to Pamplona and then connect to SJPDP. I'd like to find a comfortable but not expensive hotel near both the bus station and an early mass. Can anybody give suggested accommodations in Madrid?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Bama Bill,
I don't know the answer to your question, but once I reply there will hopefully be lots of people who will correct me. I'm not sure which bus station you want, there are more than one, but...
if you use booking.com you can select 'hostals', or select by price, and look on a map to see how far it is to the bus station of your choice. I'm not sure where I stayed when I was there, I know it was near Puerta del sol, maybe it was the hostal astoria...but it was four years ago so..
once you find a place, you may get a better deal ifyou contact them directly
good luck on finding your room,
and Buen Camino

I arrive soon late on a Saturday afternoon in Madrid, needing to catch a Sunday bus to Pamplona and then connect to SJPDP. I'd like to find a comfortable but not expensive hotel near both the bus station and an early mass. Can anybody give suggested accommodations in Madrid?
I hope this isn't too late. I wrote something for you but posted it to the wrong thread. See
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/pamplona-to-sjpdp-and-overnight.43680/#post-450799

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Go to www.booking.com and look for something - the further out you book, the cheaper the rates.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back