• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Overview of several GR/Caminos in Spain

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Good article. I did not know there is a gr10 in Spain and another gr10 in France. Confusing.

The GR99 and the Camino del Ebro often overlap, but they often diverge as well. Last week I had to keep a good lookout for the less well marked camino arrows, as it was almost always shorter than the GR - for example, the camino goes "overland" almost due north from Benifallet to Caspe (3-4 days), while the Ebro and GR99 make a huge eastern semi-circle, probably doubling the distance.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good article. I did not know there is a gr10 in Spain and another gr10 in France. Confusing.
I started my last Camino in SJPdP early September and on my first night, at Beilari Alburgue, I met 3 Aussie women doing the GR 10. Amazing to talk to them about it. Because I had walked in 2011 I could compare the Camino with what they were walking.

The "GR" routes are fine - and, as Alan said [above] they often overlap with the camino on the Ruta del Ebro. Be very careful of cyclists when on the GR routes - especially on local bank holidays! There can be literally hundreds of them!
Mind you, where the camino and GR routes overlap, they are well kept tidy and easily traversed.

P1020562.JPG

P1020537.JPG

Full details and many photos of the Ebro route on my web . Here are just two - where a GR route - the Via Verde - coincides with the camino...
Buen camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.