Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Oviedo Albergue Caution

ParistoCapeCod

"Come on mom this 14k isn't going to walk itself."
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese, Primitivo, Norte. Hospitalera
Albergue Villa Ceceila: We didn't stay because I trusted my gut, maybe others have had a good experience. Concrete concern is that it is a fire trap, with beds jammed into windowless basement rooms and you'd have to cross through the kitchen to get out. Hopefully the fire isn't in the kitchen. Less concrete was a totally creepy feeling about the owner and a man living there (son?) She stamped my credential as soon as I came in with a return address stamp. After I saw the rooms, and them, said thank you but we wouldn't be staying she wanted to scribble out her stamp. I was afraid she would rip up my credential the way she carried on! I crossed it out in front of her but she wasn't satisfied with that. We left with her ranting. She wants 30e for a two bed "closet" with a tiny shared bath. The great centrally located Room Mate Hotel is 35e with all amenities. Buyer beware.

Heading westward on the norte

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Reviews on Eroski as translated by Google Chrome:

27 comments

• 27byReysolthe 19/06/2014 at 14:04:33

The worst experience of primitive road, and being the first housing will generate a lot of uncertainty about what awaits you in the rest of the way.yes we are not under too much to be the first housing but the rest the rest of us looked wonderful accommodation

• 26bypreguntandosevaaromathe 15/04/2014 at 13:23:05

For bizarre experiences on your way to Santiago this is your place.Bizarre.All tenants were friendly, but it has nothing to do with the way.There are leaks in one of the bedrooms and bathroom.The room washer and dryer is in chaos.Ovid, who claims to be the owner of the premises, was sympathetic, but would not recommend this place to anyone, honestly.

• 25bystinkon 28/10/2013 at 16:34:06

It was as a pilgrim and treated me great, especially very favorable schedule and now I'm back in business and I have been staying longer and remain convinced that it is a very nice place clean and welcoming and to ancient commentaries are just that old and opinions, my thing is an invitation to the pilgrims and need a good place to stay in Oviedo.
    • 24byFerthe 10/10/2013 at 11:05:26

Do not know how to let these people develop this activity.Health has not inspected the house, but it closed.The price is a steal, € 15, for what it offers.Nothing, nothing recommended.

• 23byArithe 24/08/2013 at 13:08:24

NADA RECOMMENDED.I really found it appalling, one of the worst hostel Camino Primitivo.Dirty and with a lot of moisture.And what was missing was being charged for the use of the kitchen!and when we were charged 10 euros for accommodation, they have not charged me for the use of the kitchen in any of the hostels I've been to, either public or private, either in French or in primitive.

• 22byJuan Carloson 08/19/2013 at 11:52:22

In conclusion: we are not rich, we have bikes that have led us to purchase effort, and we want to keep them.They lied to ensure that they kept (only when I was pressed).They said it was not Madrid (there is not stolen), but recommended it to the rest of the Camino llevásemos padlocks good for them!(Pure and inconsistency). Bathrooms is certain they were clean, but the kitchen of the house had a deplorable aspect.I'm sorry but that's the truth

I have the Eroski app on my phone to use offline. Unfortunately it does NOT include reviews! Only the online version does. It says
"Estado de conservación: Nuevos propietarios y gestión desde mayo de 2014" Don't believe it. Glad I went with my gut.

Heading westward on the norte

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Is this the place that is in a neighborhood?
A house of sorts?
IF so I could not agree more!!!!
I too wrote about it too...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Is this the place that is in a neighborhood?
A house of sorts?
A photo and address:

Albergue Villa Cecilia

albergue-santa-cecilia.jpg

• Dirección: C/ Emigrante, 12
  • Localidad: Oviedo
  • Teléfono de contacto: 666 657 707
  • Email: josefina.oviedo@hotmail.com
  • Propiedad del albergue: Privado
  • Institución o administración encargada de los costes de mantenimiento: Privado
  • Persona encargada de atender el albergue: Juan Menéndez
  • Observaciones: Se trata de una residencia que ha instalado varias habitaciones con literas para los peregrinos. Se encuentra muy cerca del albergue de El Salvador y a escasa distancia de la catedral de Oviedo.

We stayed there as we wanted an extra day in Oviedo. The municipal albergue had been cramped, but this was worse - you had to climb over one bed to get to the bunks! It would have been very uncomfortable if we had not been family.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A photo and address:

Albergue Villa Cecilia

albergue-santa-cecilia.jpg

• Dirección: C/ Emigrante, 12
  • Localidad: Oviedo
  • Teléfono de contacto: 666 657 707
  • Email: josefina.oviedo@hotmail.com
  • Propiedad del albergue: Privado
  • Institución o administración encargada de los costes de mantenimiento: Privado
  • Persona encargada de atender el albergue: Juan Menéndez
  • Observaciones: Se trata de una residencia que ha instalado varias habitaciones con literas para los peregrinos. Se encuentra muy cerca del albergue de El Salvador y a escasa distancia de la catedral de Oviedo.
The picture looks much nicer than the reality.

especially check out the bunk in the background - virtually a double bed with the single next to it! Camino 2014 2014-06-12 014.JPG

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This place was definitely the worse place I came across on all my Caminos... I checked in there last year and left again after a few hours... The owners are crazy.. I almost had to wrestle with that woman to get my unwashed laundry from her... I left the place with the owners screaming at me down the street... Avoid at all costs!!!

I enquired at the tourist information office in Oviedo about location of albergue Villa Ceceila and was told that 'the police did not recommend using this place'! That was good enough for me, I stayed in Municipal albergue.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back