• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oviedo - Leon

bpondugula

Good evening all

The first time to the camino from Pedrafieta to Santiago was an eyeopener and thats why I will be going for the second time to the camino and now I am starting at Leon.

I will be flying to Oviedo and take a bus to Leon. Is it possible to get a bus from the airport in Oviedo directly to Leon.

Does anybody have information about

a. Is it possible to get a credential in Oviedo.

b. Is it possible to get a credential in Leon . How do I get from the busstation/trainstation to the place where I could get a credential

I have seen the alsa.es and renfe.es.
All help would be appreciated.

Regards
Bharat

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Bharat,

I walked from Oviedo to Santiago in May 2006 on the Camino Primitivo. I don't think there is a direct bus from Oviedo Airport to León but there is a bus into Oviedo itself where I'm sure you can get a connection.

It is also possible to get a credencial in Oviedo at the albergue from the "Asociación Astur Leonesa de Amigos del Camino de Santiago". The albergue is on Calle San Pedro Mestallón. When I was there it didn't open until about 19:30 though.

In León you can get a credencial from the sisters at the Benedictine Monastery (Convento Santa Maria de las Carbajalas). It's located in the 'old-city' on Calle de Escurial/Plaza de Santa Maria del Camino.

I Hope this is of some help.

Buen Camino
Gerry.

Hi Bahrat,

Besides a bus there is a regular train going from Oviedo to Leon. The renfe-station in Oviedo is quite central and can easily to be found in the city.
With cheapest ticket it cost me Euro 6,85 for a 2,5 hr. train-ride.
Take a look at the Renfe-site:
http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp? ... F=NaN&ID=i

Succes,

paul

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hallo Paulus, antonian

I just checked, the airport at Oviedo is around 40 kms away and its going to take atleast 4-6 hours (including waiting ) and I hope to reach Leon in the evening. Hope to get to the Refugio at the Benedictine Monastery and also get my credential and stay for the night. Hope they let us stay the night.

Thanks

I also will be flying in to Oviedo and wish to start the Camino from Leon. What is the best way to get from Oviedo airport to Leon and where should I stay in Leon. (My Camino will be iat the end of July)
Thanks
Padraig

Hola Padraig,
There should be a bus to take you into Oviedo itself from the airport I think. Then there are trains or buses to Leon. The bus station and train stations (RENFE and FEVE) are on the same street about 500mts apart.
Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
sta of origin sta of destination departure arrival Duration price days
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 07:00 07:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 08:15 09:00 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 09:00 09:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 10:00 10:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 11:00 11:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 12:00 12:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 13:00 13:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 14:00 14:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 15:00 15:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 16:00 16:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 17:00 17:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 18:00 18:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 19:00 19:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 20:00 20:40 0h 40min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 21:20 22:00 0h 40min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 23:00 23:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD

These prices do not include administrative costs (1.01 € for national tickets less than 10 €, 2.54 € for national tickets above 10 € and 1.00 € for international tickets).
Virtually all the buses then continue on to Leon at a fare of 16€ to 20€.

HI, Padraic,

To your second question, once you get to Leon, you can spend the night before you start to walk in the albergue. It is in the historic center in a convent (las Carbajalas). If you are going to take a day to see Leon (well worth it, IMO, because it is a beautiful city with lots to enjoy), or if you don't want to stay in the albergue there are many inexpensive pensions. Lots of us have our favorites, and mine is Pension Blanca http://www.pensionblanca.com/. Single room with bath, 22 euros (with shared bath, spotless, only 22). Computer in the commons area for guest use, kitchen and refrigerator for guest use as well, and the price includes breakfast. It's well located and the owner is very kind.

[qumany thanks for the bus times from the airport to Oviedo. I have tried the train time table from Oviedo to Leon and it is telling me there is no train connection between Oviedo and Leon!! Can this be correct?

Thanks once again.

Padraig

ote="falcon269"]
sta of origin sta of destination departure arrival Duration pr
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 07:00 07:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 08:15 09:00 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 09:00 09:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 10:00 10:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 11:00 11:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 12:00 12:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 13:00 13:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 14:00 14:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 15:00 15:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 16:00 16:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 17:00 17:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 18:00 18:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 19:00 19:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 20:00 20:40 0h 40min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 21:20 22:00 0h 40min 7.5€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto De Asturias Oviedo 23:00 23:45 0h 45min 7.5€ LMXJVSD

These prices do not include administrative costs (1.01 € for national tickets less than 10 €, 2.54 € for national tickets above 10 € and 1.00 € for international tickets).
Virtually all the buses then continue on to Leon at a fare of 16€ to 20€.[/quote]

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Not sure where you're looking Padraig.

I think there are usually 7 trains a day. Tomorrow, for instance, the RENFE website shows trains at these times:

7:25
7:40
10:30
13:00
14:26
17:49
21:11

Depending on the train it's 2-3 hours, and depending on how fast the train is, the fare is between 10 and 20 euros.

What date are you looking for? And what time of day? Buen camino, Laurie

hi and thanks for replying!

maybe something happened in translation of the RENFE site.....??
I am flying in to Asturias on Monday 22nd July ( 14 30) then bus to Oviedo then train or bus to Leon to stay the night, register and start my Camino on the 23rd. I am flexible and can start on the 24th if I arrive late in Leon, I am told Leon is worth seeing!

Many thanks again for you help!

Padraig

maybe something happened in translation of the RENFE site.....??
I think it is more likely that your search was too far in the future. I got nothing for July, but the schedule came up for March. It may be a matter of waiting until you are closer to your travel date. The schedule has been pretty much unchanged for quite some time, so I think you can plan the time of the train you want; it will be one of those!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi again!
Now that explanation sounds sensible! I have noticed that the bus seems to be quicker! is this true?
Many thanks again!
Padraig

The bus from the Asturias Airport to Leon takes from 3:00 to 8:00 hours, quite a range, and it depends on the bus route and service (Supra). The short duration runs are 0700, 0900, 1100, 1300, 1500, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2120, and 2300.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back