Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oviedo to SDC

JackyG

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way September 2017.
French Way May 2018.
Planning some sort of camino for Sep 2019..
Hi all,

Am planning Oviedo to SDC this May as I can *just* about sneak off from work for two weeks and am dying to get back at it after walking Porto to Santiago last September, if I could I'd do 4 or 5 weeks but sadly that's not to be for another few years! :)

Anyway, what I want to ask is, I have maximum 12 days actually walking as I have to factor in the 2 days travelling into the overall 2 weeks, could anyone outline their stages if they did it over the course of anywhere between 10 and 12 days?.. I am totally new to this route so know little about it and am just in the initial stages of seeing if its do-able in that time period! Walking-wise I'd be fairly fit and was up at the crack of dawn to walk long days. I walked Porto to SDC in 10 days quite comfortably, so am hopeful I could do this! Thanks in advance :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would say:
1.- Oviedo to San Juan de Villapanada (29.6 km), 2.- Bodenaya (26.4 km), 3.- Borres (26.6), 4.- Berducedo (24.1), 5.- Grandas de Salime (20.4), 6.- Fonsagrada (20.4 km), 7.- O Cadavo (24.3 km), 8.- Lugo (29.5), 9.- Ferreira (26.5), 10.- Boente (25.6) , 11.- A O Pedrouzo (27.8) & 12.- Santiago (19 km).
The distances are just indicative (I hope I didn't make any mistake!!:))

Very probable I would go to Castroverde instead of Cadavo (+7.8 km) in order to arrive sooner to Lugo and to have a little more time in Lugo, to take a look to the city and some wines with some very nice tapas ;)

Buen Camino & Ultreia!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Jacky, I have walked the Primitivo three times, and I think 12 walking days is plenty for a youngster like you! Here are a couple of my reports: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/back-from-the-primitivo-june-2012.14728/

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/my-stages-on-the-camino-primitivo.4841/

In fact, I see that I walked the Primitivo in 11 days when I was 58, so you will be fine. Buen camino, Laurie
That’s really nice of you thanks! Will have a read of all that later! :)

I would say:
1.- Oviedo to San Juan de Villapanada (29.6 km), 2.- Bodenaya (26.4 km), 3.- Borres (26.6), 4.- Berducedo (24.1), 5.- Grandas de Salime (20.4), 6.- Fonsagrada (20.4 km), 7.- O Cadavo (24.3 km), 8.- Lugo (29.5), 9.- Ferreira (26.5), 10.- Boente (25.6) , 11.- A O Pedrouzo (27.8) & 12.- Santiago (19 km).
The distances are just indicative (I hope I didn't make any mistake!!:))

Very probable I would go to Castroverde instead of Cadavo (+7.8 km) in order to arrive sooner to Lugo and to have a little more time in Lugo, to take a look to the city and some wines with some very nice tapas ;)

Buen Camino & Ultreia!!
Thank you so much! It’s all looking very do-able ;D I cant wait!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am also doing the Primitivo in (late) May. We'll start walking from Oviedo on the 25th. When do you plan to start?
Hi, I haven't booked yet but it will be early May or possibly even late April, have to back for the 25th actually for a work thing! Bah! :confused:
So you're going from Oviedo to to SDC? Do you know your stages yet/how many days?.. Or are you going to play it by ear?

So you're going from Oviedo to to SDC? Do you know your stages yet/how many days?.. Or are you going to play it by ear?

Yes, Oviedo-SdC. We haven't looked extremely closely yet but we'd probably prefer to play it by ear. That's what we did on the Camino Francés last year (although admittedly it's easier to do on the CF with more albergues). We'd probably like to do it in about 12-14 days. Junglegirl had foot problems (plantar fasciitis) on the CF last year so we can't have a super-tight schedule in case that recurs. We'd like to leave SdC by about June 11 at the latest, preferably a couple of days earlier.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I haven't booked yet but it will be early May or possibly even late April, have to back for the 25th actually for a work thing! Bah! :confused:
Hi, JackyG, I'm also planning Primitivo for late April, probably 28th or 29th April, and my plan is to walk Primitivo in max. 14 days. Maybe I'll see you on the way... :) Buen Camino!

12 days is very much doable, and the Primitivo has matured to the point of having well-spaced albergues which allow for a flexible itinerary.

In fact, I see that I walked the Primitivo in 11 days when I was 58, so you will be fine. Buen camino, Laurie
Beware statements like this from peregrina2000. She is known to have covered supernatural distances with ease.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back