• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oxford, UK - Six Ways to Santiago screening - is anyone going?

julia-t

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015-17
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Camino Portuguese Valenca-SdC April 2018
I've been wanting to see this film for a while, but the only screenings seemed to be in London about once a month. However Adam Wells of discoverthecamino.com is now hosting screenings followed by a Q&A session at various locations around the country - in big cities like York and Liverpool, and smaller places such as Castle Cary. I've just booked a ticket for Oxford on 14th February - will anyone else be joining me?

https://www.ourscreen.com/screening/40613

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Julia,like you I had been waiting ages to see this,but was unaware of any showings here in Liverpool.I saw "One only" copy for sale on Amazon and bought it,and I love it.Hope you enjoy it too.

I've been wanting to see this film for a while, but the only screenings seemed to be in London about once a month. However Adam Wells of discoverthecamino.com is now hosting screenings followed by a Q&A session at various locations around the country - in big cities like York and Liverpool, and smaller places such as Castle Cary. I've just booked a ticket for Oxford on 14th February - will anyone else be joining me?

https://www.ourscreen.com/screening/40613
Hi,Julia
had this video for ages and I've watched it a couple of times.It's very well produced and very interesting
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did
Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I know I could buy the video for around £15, and that would save me the effort and expense of getting to Oxford, but I like the idea of meeting other pilgrims at a screening.

Since I decided last May to walk the Camino and started to mention it to people I meet in daily life, I have only encountered ONE person who has done it - and she gave up at Logrono. Others are aware and know someone/a friend-of-a-friend who has done it, but the majority seem never to have heard about. Most think I am mad to want to walk across Spain...

So I thought it might be fun to meet with some kindred spirits!

I had the same reaction before my camino, still not sure whether I'm mad or not, but for me it was an experience of a lifetime and I'm sure it's the same for the majority of pilgrims.
I haven't seen the film yet, unfortunately it's too far for me to travel, maybe I should buy it.

Got the DVD as a gift at Christmas. Its very watchable and doesn't have Martin Sheen trying to act in it!!
( am I the only one who thought his performance was sub-standard ? - whoops - probably alienated many of you out there in Camino Forum land!) :eek:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
... and doesn't have Martin Sheen trying to act in it!! ( am I the only one who thought his performance was sub-standard ? - whoops - probably alienated many of you out there in Camino Forum land!) :eek:

You didn't alienated me, but I found his acting very believable, perhaps an age thing? Buen Camino, SY

An age thing!! I've never fully grown up x ;)
I think all literature, films, music etc is personal preference - lets just agree to disagree. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Julie -- I just reserved tickets, but we need to hope that others do as well -- only 8 out of 30 have been taken! I'm not sure I could identify you from your picture, but I still look (somewhat) like this so do introduce yourself if the screening goes ahead.

I'll look out for you Alice. There are still 3 weeks to go for bookings, so with luck it will happen.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back