• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"P-Style" urinary device for women.

Joodle

Time of past OR future Camino
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
Ok, I'm just going to say it. (Look away, men) I just received the "P-Style" standing urinary device for women. It is amazing. I used it for the first time and my performance was flawless. It is a firm plastic that can't squish in or needs to used with two hands or you risk peeing all over your clothes. It's not funnel like where you run the risk of overfilling and overflowing. I know myself, I will avoid drinking enough water to avoid having to urinate along the trail.(I don't think my knees would allow me to squat anyway) This is so smooth, that you just need to turn away, unzip the trousers, place the unit (easy to do) and pee. Sorry if this offends, but I am so thrilled that it works so well, and I want other women to know about it. It was rated #1 by female soldiers. Now, I know that I will drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated and not worry. Again, sorry if this offends anyone.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ok, I'm just going to say it. (Look away, men) I just received the "P-Style" standing urinary device for women. It is amazing. I used it for the first time and my performance was flawless. It is a firm plastic that can't squish in or needs to used with two hands or you risk peeing all over your clothes. It's not funnel like where you run the risk of overfilling and overflowing. I know myself, I will avoid drinking enough water to avoid having to urinate along the trail.(I don't think my knees would allow me to squat anyway) This is so smooth, that you just need to turn away, unzip the trousers, place the unit (easy to do) and pee. Sorry if this offends, but I am so thrilled that it works so well, and I want other women to know about it. It was rated #1 by female soldiers. Now, I know that I will drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated and not worry. Again, sorry if this offends anyone.
Darling Joodle: This is just the thing I was looking for. Men, turn away. How do you empty it?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
As I've said before - if you want ALL the men in the forum to read a topic, you use the words "men look away!"
This has been around for some time, and I'm delighted you've found it.
We blokes don't realise how lucky we are: and in Spain you 'see' fellows just standing by their cars having a pee. Which, to a Brit, is a bit odd: but it's just the way we - and they - have been brought up.
Joodle - relax now, and drink as much as you need - and NEED is the word if you're walking in warm weather - you must keep up your water intake. All you have to do is enjoy the drink - maybe even a beer or two - and relax and not worry about having to squat [darned sure I couldn't!!] Check out: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003BEDUS6/?tag=casaivar-21

Buen camino!

I've had trouble ( called mine Miss Kitty) with occasional leaking down my leg. I know this is a seating issue but can you share a brand or link?
Thanx

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This looks better than the way I've got, which I left home.

During the warmer months, I would definitely take the P-style. It looks better than mine, which I actually think is okay but not open, so this looks better.

I would think that for some of us older women (with bladders like thimbles, or just poor control) this would be a real help.

Highly recommended and I have tried most of the varied contraptions and various configurations on the market. I've had the pStyle for about 7 years now and it goes everywhere with me. Great to use in grotty toilets as well. I even bought a camouflage pCase and just love the look on the face of any male airport security person who takes it out and then asks me what it's for :confused::p

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
On our first Camino, my wife brought a SheWee.
She said it was a good idea, but too small, and never used it.

On our second Camino she brought a P-Style.
I worked great.

As a male, disposing of the “extra water” is not a problem.
On our second Camino, we both used a single 750ml water bottle.
When we stopped to fill it up, we would take large drinks and fill up the bottle again.
The P-Style allowed my wife to follow this theory too.
This reduced our walking weight.

If you mark the ground with an X, you could have a 100 different men stand on the same spot and pee.
This is not true for women and.... on the Camino, all the good spot have been already used and marked with a “Camino Lily”.

A word of warning.... It takes a minute or two, to find, and get the P-Style into place.
Keep it in a easy to access pocket, and don't wait until the desire is too urgent.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Why not use the toilets/ servicios/ aseos? Every bar - and there are many of the on the camino frances - has one.
Buen camino.
Ideally, that's my plan! I will not leave any bar/restaurant/shop without using the toilet. Have you had any problem with not have a toilet available when you needed one?

Hi Joodle, don't apologise, why would anyone get offended. This is an important subject for many women and we all have to wee don't we? Sounds like a good contraption but not sure if I could use it. I would get in such a muddle I think that I might fall into the bushes! I have , I think perfected the art of weeing standing up(mostly) ok, so the boots might get a little damp sometimes but as the socks are washed each day I don't mind too much. The only thing that bothers me are the used tissues all over the place and I honestly don't think that anyone on the forum would leave these. Why can't the same tissue be used again --- urine is not a toxic substance-- and then deposited in the next cafés toilet. But anyway that's another subject!! Best wishes with your purchase and wishing you a great time. Annette

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well done for putting it up there Joodle, but I'm not sure I'll invest!

I too liked it on my training hikes. ..... until I had on both my front pack and my full pack. I couldn't maneuver the thing as easily unless i took everything off, so i left it at home. In my total of 15 days so far, bars have NOT been conveniently spaced and there have been many a nature stop. But I find merely undoing my waist strap of my backpack, pulling my pants down just a but, and leaning forward, resting my arms on my knees, allows for a comfortable (relatively speaking) experience. I do not squat all the way down, which I can't because of my knees.

I've had trouble ( called mine Miss Kitty) with occasional leaking down my leg. I know this is a seating issue but can you share a brand or link?
Thanx
The brand is "P-Style" you can even get a cute little case for it. I just can't wait for hours and hours to urinate, or I start having bad back pain from "hydronephrosis" which is when the urine backs up into the kidney and cause severe pain. This little item is amazing and I have used it 4 times without a mishap (and I'm not that coordinated) It's the easiest if you're wearing pants with a zipper. You don't even have to unbutton, just unzip. Look it up online.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
..... Have you had any problem with not have a toilet available when you needed one?
That depends entirely on how long one can go between pit stops. Even on the Francés I recall many times when there was no bar or café for what seemed like ages, and bare open land or farmers' fields stretched off into the distance. Several times I was very happy to have my She-Wee with me.

Why not use the toilets/ servicios/ aseos? Every bar - and there are many of the on the camino frances - has one.
Buen camino.
Some of the routes dont have as many facilities..yes there also arent as many people but we walked our last day today and had this very conversation...its easier to get caught out inconveniently than you think.

I sweat so much when it gets warm that I can drink and drink all the water and not have to pee other than after my morning caf con leches. But my clothese just smell horrible at the end of the day.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The brand is "P-Style" you can even get a cute little case for it. I just can't wait for hours and hours to urinate, or I start having bad back pain from "hydronephrosis" which is when the urine backs up into the kidney and cause severe pain. This little item is amazing and I have used it 4 times without a mishap (and I'm not that coordinated) It's the easiest if you're wearing pants with a zipper. You don't even have to unbutton, just unzip. Look it up online.
I'm such
This looks better than the way I've got, which I left home.

During the warmer months, I would definitely take the P-style. It looks better than mine, which I actually think is okay but not open, so this looks better.

I would think that for some of us older women (with bladders like thimbles, or just poor control) this would be a real help.
I used the P-Style on my walk today, down a quiet trail in a big park. (quite possibly the bravest thing I've ever done:eek:) It works beautifully with no mess, no fuss. Yippity, skippity!!

Last edited:
I'm such

I used the P-Style on my walk today, down a quiet trail in a big park. (quite possibly the bravest thing I've ever done:eek:) It works beautifully with no mess, no fuss. Yippity, skippity!!
Looked at the product and it does look as if aim is not as much of an issue. But please don't go getting arrested trying it out in the good old USofA!

Looked at the product and it does look as if aim is not as much of an issue. But please don't go getting arrested trying it out in the good old USofA!
It was a very rural park with no one around, so I guess it wasn't that brave of me.:D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back