• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pack Carrying Services from Lisbon to Porto and beyond...

ktchnofdngr

Time of past OR future Camino
September '13, June '16, July '21, And July '22
Hey, All.

I'm beginning to plan my Camino for next summer (hopefully, it will be possible: I'm crossing my fingers for a vaccine!!!), and I'm trying to figure out a way to have my pack carried ahead for me from Lisbon to Porto without going through a tour company. I'm also wanting to walk the variation that goes through Fatima and mostly the coastal route.

Does anyone have any information on something like that?

Thanks!

Ruth

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are a few companies running in Portugal, but it’s hard to say what might be in operation next summer. I’d wait until you land in Lisbon, go to the tourist office there, and wherever one goes to get the first stamp (Sorry, I started in Coimbra, and my first stamp was from the Ibis there), and ask them who is still in business by then.

Tuitrans seems to have been well used in the past on the section from Porto to Santiago.
I'd suggest contacting them regarding current conditions and also for their views on the Lisbon to Porto section.
Contacting the Pilgrim association in Lisbon should be helpful. They in the past operated a 24hr help line
Via Lusitana (+351) 915 595 213.
Regards
Gerard

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I contact a pack transfer company by asking at the information centre in Lisbon as suggested. Once contact was made they arranged the rest all the way to Santiago and let me know the arrangements each day. I also walked via Fatima and along the extreme coastal route from Porto and added in the Espiratal as well. A fabulous route! Good luck with your planning and stay safe.

I walked Lisbon to Santiago September/October 2017 via Fatima. There was no pack transport to be had until Porto.
Review the route - there is a lot of road walking. In the words of another pilgrim, cobble gives you new respect for tarmac. If you are not up to carrying your pack, maybe start at Porto?

My wife and I and a friend walked Lisbon to Santiago, starting end of Aug 2016, and spent an extra day to see Fatima. We had a bag transfer service every day arranged through a series of taxi's. This proved Very providential when my wife got ill and had to go to a hospital for a nebulizer treatment. Luggage transfer drive took her and our bags.

Send me an email and I can forward all the details to you (edited by moderator to remove email address for privacy protection - suggest you "Start a Conversation" instead). We did use a service, followthecamino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Tuitrans worked well for us in 2018 and 2019, from Porto to Santiago. Don't know whether they cover Lisbon to Porto as well.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back