• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pack rain pants for June Senda Litoral/Coastal route?

Lightfeet

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal June 2019; Frances Sept 2019;
Planning to walk beginning June 9 from Porto. Should we take rain pants?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Now with the climate change you never know for sure. Last year walked Portugues Interior at the begining of June, and it was cool and raining all this time we walked in Portugal, about 8 or 9 days, not typical for June at all. Didn't take the rain pants, so always had my legs and bum wet. Feet as well, but got used to it and didn't mind as it wasn't cold when we walked and it dried either on me while walking or later in the albergue. Anyway, June is usually dry and putting rain pants over my leggins didn't feel comfortable in Jan. Prefer to be wet from rain rather then from sweat :) In June I'd probably take it only for Norte. Bom Caminho! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Rain pants are largely for warmth, not dry (true with rain jackets as well), due to the sweat thing as already mentioned. One option I'll probably use on CP Costal this year is a rain skirt. Sort of a lower poncho half for those of us too tall for a poncho to cover. Lighter, airier (read less warm, therefore better in hot weather). Look at ULA, Zpacks, Enlightened Equipment, Dutchwear (all good cottage manufacturers that I have various pieces of gear from).

Rain pants are largely for warmth, not dry (true with rain jackets as well), due to the sweat thing as already mentioned. One option I'll probably use on CP Costal this year is a rain skirt. Sort of a lower poncho half for those of us too tall for a poncho to cover. Lighter, airier (read less warm, therefore better in hot weather). Look at ULA, Zpacks, Enlightened Equipment, Dutchwear (all good cottage manufacturers that I have various pieces of gear from).
A rain skirt. What a great idea! Thanks for the idea; I"ll look a those companies.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back