• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pack transfer from Porto

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Hello - I'm walking from Porto at the end of November and also wish to divert to the Variente. A friend wishes to join me but would like her pack transported each day. I have tried a couple of companies but they are closed from the end of November. Does anyone have any suggestions as to an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello - I'm walking from Porto at the end of November and also wish to divert to the Variente. A friend wishes to join me but would like her pack transported each day. I have tried a couple of companies but they are closed from the end of November. Does anyone have any suggestions as to an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance
Les,
If TuiTrans.com is closed perhaps you might contact a Porto taxi service for the baggage transport. Several on the web offer trips along the caminho.
Good luck and Bom caminho to both of you.

Thanks Margret.. I fretted about this all evening but my friend now says she'll carry her pack. Which is good for lots of reasons... given that the weather might be unpredictable being flexible is better... and we might like to take the Variente so more options. It might be a blessing in disguise! But it's good to know that we could find other options if she needs it!

thank you

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not what you asked but thought I'd chip in anyway (been there done that....).

Go through your packs together before you leave home, so you know your friend is packing light. (This helped one of my groups immensely, on a pre-trip meeting, when I took my loaded pack and went through every item with them. One lady later told me that she threw out more than half the stuff that she was going to take with her.)

Check all the bus routes beforehand (they can all be found online somewhere), so you know where and when there is a bus option available. (That has come in handy more than once.)

Good luck!

Not what you asked but thought I'd chip in anyway (been there done that....).

Go through your packs together before you leave home, so you know your friend is packing light. (This helped one of my groups immensely, on a pre-trip meeting, when I took my loaded pack and went through every item with them. One lady later told me that she threw out more than half the stuff that she was going to take with her.)

Check all the bus routes beforehand (they can all be found online somewhere), so you know where and when there is a bus option available. (That has come in handy more than once.)

Good luck!

Jill yes I am planning to do that with her. My friend hasn't walked with her pack before and I think the lack of availability of transport is a case of taking her training wheels off. I think once she's done it she'll not look back and love the flexibility.

Good idea about buses! thanks :)

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back