A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Pack transfer

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
I am on my 2nd Camino ( currently in Astorga) and have always carried my pack. I am thinking I might want to transfer my pack from Rabanal to Acebo. How do I go about it? Thanks for your help. Dee

Davoshea

Camino(s) past & future
Just finished St Jean pied de port to belorado and will return. Next year buen camino
Hi Dee,
In all the aubergs you have tags, you put your name on and address you are heading and put 5 euros in the envelope. And it will be there before you arrive. Buen camino Dave

Bradypus

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Hi Dee,
In all the aubergs you have tags, you put your name on and address you are heading and put 5 euros in the envelope. And it will be there before you arrive. Buen camino Dave
The OP is talking about starting their day in Rabanal. Dee should be aware that Refugio Gaucelmo does not accept those who use luggage transport services and will almost certainly not allow a pick-up service either. If you wish to use luggage transport on that stage then plan to stay elsewhere in Rabanal.

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
Hi Dee,
Thank you so much for your speedy reply seems easy enough! Dee

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
The OP is talking about starting their day in Rabanal. Dee should be aware that Refugio Gaucelmo does not accept those who use luggage transport services and will almost certainly not allow a pick-up service either. If you wish to use luggage transport on that stage then plan to stay elsewhere in Rabanal.
Thank you i was aware of their rule, I am staying at Alb. NSPilar😊

Bodi

For this breath, I am present.
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP to Najera Sept. 2017; Najera to Astorga Oct. 2018; SJPP to Pamplona May 2019
Dee, you should check with the hospitalero if you need to call the transport service, or if the hospi does it, or maybe the van comes automatically every day.

MikeyC

Camino(s) past & future
CF - September 2016
CF - April May 2017
Shikoku - October 2017
Kumano Kodo - October 2017
CF - 2019
There will often be several choices of transport company. You can book their service online or by calling them. Each company's envelope will have the details. Do not expect transport companies to magically turn up if they haven't been notified. I have seen one pack belonging to a Korean pilgrim which had been left for 2 days in a private albergue until I called the transport company. They told me it was the fifth one that week of packs left without them being notified by the pilgrim.

Norian

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances. I walked from St Jean Pied de Port as far as Mansilla de las Mulas in (May 2019)
I used Correos and highly rate their service. Just search on Google for their contact details. I used to notify them each evening by email or by whatsapp with details of the pick up and drop off points. They always responded with a confirmation msg. You can pick up a tag, ie an envelope on which you write your details and the drop off address and in which you deposit 5 euros. My rucksack was always waiting for me when I arrived at the next albergue.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Anniesantiago Camino Frances 29
Chris Gi Camino Frances 7
RachelNZ Camino Frances 4
Sandra Hembling Camino Frances 7
sillydoll Camino Frances 0

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock