• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Pack transfer

Caligal

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
I am on my 2nd Camino ( currently in Astorga) and have always carried my pack. I am thinking I might want to transfer my pack from Rabanal to Acebo. How do I go about it? Thanks for your help. Dee

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Dee,
In all the aubergs you have tags, you put your name on and address you are heading and put 5 euros in the envelope. And it will be there before you arrive. Buen camino Dave

Hi Dee,
In all the aubergs you have tags, you put your name on and address you are heading and put 5 euros in the envelope. And it will be there before you arrive. Buen camino Dave
The OP is talking about starting their day in Rabanal. Dee should be aware that Refugio Gaucelmo does not accept those who use luggage transport services and will almost certainly not allow a pick-up service either. If you wish to use luggage transport on that stage then plan to stay elsewhere in Rabanal.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Dee,
Thank you so much for your speedy reply seems easy enough! Dee

The OP is talking about starting their day in Rabanal. Dee should be aware that Refugio Gaucelmo does not accept those who use luggage transport services and will almost certainly not allow a pick-up service either. If you wish to use luggage transport on that stage then plan to stay elsewhere in Rabanal.
Thank you i was aware of their rule, I am staying at Alb. NSPilar😊

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Dee, you should check with the hospitalero if you need to call the transport service, or if the hospi does it, or maybe the van comes automatically every day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There will often be several choices of transport company. You can book their service online or by calling them. Each company's envelope will have the details. Do not expect transport companies to magically turn up if they haven't been notified. I have seen one pack belonging to a Korean pilgrim which had been left for 2 days in a private albergue until I called the transport company. They told me it was the fifth one that week of packs left without them being notified by the pilgrim.

I used Correos and highly rate their service. Just search on Google for their contact details. I used to notify them each evening by email or by whatsapp with details of the pick up and drop off points. They always responded with a confirmation msg. You can pick up a tag, ie an envelope on which you write your details and the drop off address and in which you deposit 5 euros. My rucksack was always waiting for me when I arrived at the next albergue.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Back