• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pack transport available on Arles route?

David Cam3

Time of past OR future Camino
2009 Franca, 2013 Le Puy,
(2017 Arles)
We are a couple in our 60's and have done the Camino Franc in Spain while carrying our packs in 2009, and the French route from Le Puy carrying only our day packs and forwarding the heavy stuff in 2013, and we are now considering doing the route from Arles. We have not been able to determine if there are any organized services to move our packs forward, and are not in good enough shape to carry a 15 lb. or over pack for this route. Can anyone advise on this, and any other aspects of this particular route? We are thinking of either April-May or September-October of 2017.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is not a service for the entire Chemin d'Arles, but the Miam Miam Dodo for the route provides information on the bagages services available. You can purchase the guide on amazon.fr.

I've just done the Arles route from Arles to Puente-la-Reina. I didn't see any pack transport companies operating - closest think I saw was a French couple walking with their donkey. The route is much less used than Le Puy and the gites are often a long way apart.

Gavin

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've been on the Arles Way twice, and have never seen any such thing.

erm, possibly between Oloron and the Somport, if you're going that way ??? It's the only section where the numbers might be sufficient practically for such a thing to be organised. As falcon seems to suggest, there might be some very local possibilities here or there ... but it's still very much an "old school" Camino and everyone lugging their pack.

Just trying to think laterally here - are the towns on the Arles route large enough to have taxi cabs? That could be hired on a daily basis?

We are a couple in our 60's and have done the Camino Franc in Spain while carrying our packs in 2009, and the French route from Le Puy carrying only our day packs and forwarding the heavy stuff in 2013, and we are now considering doing the route from Arles. We have not been able to determine if there are any organized services to move our packs forward, and are not in good enough shape to carry a 15 lb. or over pack for this route. Can anyone advise on this, and any other aspects of this particular route? We are thinking of either April-May or September-October of 2017.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello David - There is a service that arranges pack transfers on the chemin from Arles. The organisation, based in Saugues, a town on the route from Le Puy, transports packs for its clients. You may have to become a client, as I did, and I had them arrange my accommodation, but I know they carry packs for their clients who are "en liberté", and they may have something that suits you. I was their client on the route from Le Puy last year, and they were spot-on with the 40 or so bag transfers. Their email is - contact@lapelerine.com

Incidentally, I shall to be walking the route from Arles this year, in April and May, finishing in Pamplona in early June.

Hello David - There is a service that arranges pack transfers on the chemin from Arles. The organisation, based in Saugues, a town on the route from Le Puy, transports packs for its clients. You may have to become a client, as I did, and I had them arrange my accommodation, but I know they carry packs for their clients who are "en liberté", and they may have something that suits you. I was their client on the route from Le Puy last year, and they were spot-on with the 40 or so bag transfers. Their email is - contact@lapelerine.com

Incidentally, I shall to be walking the route from Arles this year, in April and May, finishing in Pamplona in early June.

Any luggage transfer Dan from Arles or even later Toulouse.
Considering from start [ Arles ] or Toulouse to Burgos .
Thanks mate

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning Pilgrims! In June I will leave Italy to try to get to Santiago. Around August I will be walking the part of the camino in France, and as I read through the various threads, I had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back