A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Pack transport on Salvador

Santiago Photo Book

LakeMcD

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015
Portuguese 2016
GR10/Norte/Primitivo 2017
Chemin LePuy: 2018
Hello all, We had a wonderful camino last year along the LePuy, this year it will be the Salvador/Primativo. Anyone know of pack transport along the Salvador. We tried Jacotrans but it looks like they are not doing it anymore.

Many Thanks,
Gary

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
Hello all, We had a wonderful camino last year along the LePuy, this year it will be the Salvador/Primativo. Anyone know of pack transport along the Salvador. We tried Jacotrans but it looks like they are not doing it anymore.

Many Thanks,
Gary
Have you checked Correos? The Salvador is such a lightly traveled route I can't imagine that it makes sense for private companies to provide pack transport for it.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I just checked the Correos site, and it doesn't appear that they provide transport for the Salvador.

LakeMcD

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015
Portuguese 2016
Thanks, that confirms what I found as well.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014); Madrid, Salvador (2018)

Many Thanks,
Gary
Last year when one of us was ill, we were able to get a taxi service to transfer packs from the albergue at Buiza to Poladura and then the following day to the albergue at Pajares. We did not stay at the Pajares albergue however. The hospitalero at Buiza had the telephone number.

LakeMcD

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015
Portuguese 2016
Last year when one of us was ill, we were able to get a taxi service to transfer packs from the albergue at Buiza to Poladura and then the following day to the albergue at Pajares. We did not stay at the Pajares albergue however. The hospitalero at Buiza had the telephone number.

OK, I'll keep that in mind. The pack transport is a backup plan if my wife's hip acts up.

Bobfir

Camino(s) past & future
Frances May - June (2016)
San Salvador (2018)
SdC/Finnesterre/Muxia (2018)
Gebennensis (2019)
Walked this route in 2018. 2 weeks prior to departure, sprained both ankles in weird mishap. This guy was a Camino saver for me. Jesus Walki, lives in Leon, and does pack transport. Always dependable and on time. Very friendly and Camino savy. PM me and I'll send you his telephone number.

LakeMcD

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015
Portuguese 2016
Thanks again Bob

Ronan2019

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Walked this route in 2018. 2 weeks prior to departure, sprained both ankles in weird mishap. This guy was a Camino saver for me. Jesus Walki, lives in Leon, and does pack transport. Always dependable and on time. Very friendly and Camino savy. PM me and I'll send you his telephone number.
Hi Bob, I'm in Leon and have the same query. I plan to walk to Oviedo but want to send my large backpack ahead while I bring a smaller one. Can you please give me contact details for Jesus Walki aswell? Thank you!

Bobfir

Camino(s) past & future
Frances May - June (2016)
San Salvador (2018)
SdC/Finnesterre/Muxia (2018)
Gebennensis (2019)
Hi Bob, I'm in Leon and have the same query. I plan to walk to Oviedo but want to send my large backpack ahead while I bring a smaller one. Can you please give me contact details for Jesus Walki aswell? Thank you!
Currently on Gebennensis with limited internet access. PM me and I’ll send you.

Ronan2019

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Currently on Gebennensis with limited internet access. PM me and I’ll send you.
Hi all, I ended up using Alsa bus to transport my rucksack from Leon bus station to be collected at Oviedo bus station for €5.25. Alsa have a courier type service. Post office quoted €33 for the same job. Hope that helps.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
R Camino del Salvador 2
OLDER threads on this topic
Possible to transport pack on Del Salvador

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%