• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pack transport on Variante Espiritual

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
From Caminha, we used a pack transfer company that was very reliable and whom had no problem delivering our packs along the Variante Espiritual. You can contact them, I believe the name is Joti.Malas on What’s App at +351939787369. I believe they charged €7/pack. We simply contacted them on What’s App the night before. Our packs were picked up and always waiting for us at our next stop. We used them all the way to Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Has any one used correos Muchilla pak transport? They were the only ones I could find that go onto the actual spiritual variante Combarra to Santiago. Hoping this is going to be a good service. https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/
I may be wrong but I swore in May we used Tui Trans and we did the Espiritual... Even to the Monastery...

Has any one used correos Muchilla pak transport? They were the only ones I could find that go onto the actual spiritual variante Combarra to Santiago. Hoping this is going to be a good service. https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/
I wanted to use this service 2 years ago for my walk via the Variante but at the time Correos were not offering a service that covered the Variante. I would be amazed if they are anything other than excellent given they are who they are i.e. the national postal service of Spain.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The coastal route… Combarro around the coast back to Picarano… Tuitrans said no.
I used Tuitrans in June of this year for the Variante! Why did they say "no"?
And where on earth is Picarano? I can't find it. Maybe tuitrans had the same problem! ;)

My wife and I recently used Top Santiago, a new company, on the Portuguese Central and they worked quite well. We just let them know every night where we would be the next day. It was 8 euros per transport. From talking to some of the people running lodging along the trail we got the impression they're gaining business fast because easy to work with; in fact, most of them had a supply of the the company's envelopes if guests needed them. Even the nun who checked us in at the Armenteira Monastery said she liked working with Top Santiago.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife and I recently used Top Santiago, a new company, on the Portuguese Central and they worked quite well. We just let them know every night where we would be the next day. It was 8 euros per transport. From talking to some of the people running lodging along the trail we got the impression they're gaining business fast because easy to work with; in fact, most of them had a supply of the the company's envelopes if guests needed them. Even the nun who checked us in at the Armenteira Monastery said she liked working with Top Santiago.
can you give me a link to Top Santiago? I just googled and came up with nothing :oops:

can you give me a link to Top Santiago? I just googled and came up with nothing :oops:
We used them too. Highly recommend Top Santiago!

Attachments

• 20220718_193244.jpg
    20220718_193244.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have and they do not pick up or drop bags in Combarro. The owner of the albergue in Combarro arranged an alternative, that does service Combarro.
It was easy to organise spontaneously.

OK! I have discovered my problem! We are walking the “coastal way” and no one covers this for luggage transport. Pontevedra to Combarro to Armenteria to Padron (boat ride). Then we are back on the regular Portugues way. So at this time, if you are wanting your pack pushed it is not possible on the route. If anyone knows of another company please let me know. So far, Correos, Tuitrans or TopSantiago do not.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
OK! I have discovered my problem! We are walking the “coastal way” and no one covers this for luggage transport. Pontevedra to Combarro to Armenteria to Padron (boat ride). Then we are back on the regular Portugues way. So at this time, if you are wanting your pack pushed it is not possible on the route. If anyone knows of another company please let me know. So far, Correos, Tuitrans or TopSantiago do not.
I did find out Tuitrans will cover this if booked all the way to Santiago. But must book entire trip

I did find out Tuitrans will cover this if booked all the way to Santiago. But must book entire trip
This is true. We included the Spiritual Variant in our 2019 Camino and Tuitrans was willing to include that, but only because we booked all the way with them from Viana do Costello to Santiago. But I'm surprised to hear that Top Santiago won't cover the SV separately, given what the nun in Armenteira told me.

Last edited:
Two things:
1. Are you sure Correos don’t cover this route? You seemed certain earlier - in fact I understood that you had already booked it. The link you included seemed to indicate that they now include the VE.
2. What’s the problem with Tuitrans? Aren’t you going to Santiago?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Two things:
1. Are you sure Correos don’t cover this route? You seemed certain earlier - in fact I understood that you had already booked it. The link you included seemed to indicate that they now include the VE.
Correos cover route, but not Combarro. They provide service to Armenteira and Vilanova only.
As I said, the owner of albergue in Combarro called a service in am and got my pack transported from Combarro to Armenteira, no prob.

This is true. We included the Spiritual Variant in our 2019 Camino and Tuitrans was willing to include that, but only because we booked all the way with them from Viana do Costello to Santiago. But I'm surprised to hear that Top Santiago won't cover the SV separately, given what the nun in Armenteira told me.
Well as far as Top Santiago goes, they answered the phone and took my name and said “ok” and hung up. They said “yes” we can, took my name and said yes and hung up. I said, “do you want to know where to
Come get my stuff but the phone was dead.” They didn’t even answer the phone with saying the company name so I was unsure what was happening. I have a friend who will transport through to Padron.

Two things:
Yes, I booked online and even paid! then called to be sure and when I told them Pontevedra to Combarro they said they no longer cover that route. He said they used to but are currently not.
2. Tuitrans you must book they entire trail ahead of time. They have nothing for tomorrow.

Yes, I booked online and even paid! then called to be sure and when I told them Pontevedra to Combarro they said they no longer cover that route. He said they used to but are currently not.
2. Tuitrans you must book they entire trail ahead of time. They have nothing for tomorrow.
Correos covered the route, but not Combarro as an in between. That was in June 2022.
No problem getting correos to transport from Pontevedra to Armenteira and then on to Vilanova.

You could try contacting Victor in the albergue in armenteira to ask?

+34 619 53 40 87

Something to note.. once you leave Combarro you'll have no food or water options until Armenteira.

The two bars in armenteira close the kitchens in mid afternoon and reopen around 7pm

So good idea to eat in Combarro or before.

And make sure to fill up on water in Combarro.

Met a pelegrina half way from there to armenteira, really hot day and she was struggling with no water. Gave her half of what I had and I was the only person she had met !!

So make sure you have water because you might not meet someone with water to share!!

Highly recommend the variante, I loved it

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You could try contacting Victor in the albergue in armenteira to ask?

+34 619 53 40 87

Something to note.. once you leave Combarro you'll have no food or water options until Armenteira.

The two bars in armenteira close the kitchens in mid afternoon and reopen around 7pm

So good idea to eat in Combarro or before.

And make sure to fill up on water in Combarro.

Met a pelegrina half way from there to armenteira, really hot day and she was struggling with no water. Gave her half of what I had and I was the only person she had met !!

So make sure you have water because you might not meet someone with water to share!!

Highly recommend the variante, I loved it

Wow! Thank you Philmashq… we have on our itinerary to have “lunch” in Armenteria… hmmm - not sure if our group has something planned. I will pass this info onto my group leader! Thanks again!

Wow! Thank you Philmashq… we have on our itinerary to have “lunch” in Armenteria… hmmm - not sure if our group has something planned. I will pass this info onto my group leader! Thanks again!
You will easily make lunch in Armenteira if you leave from Combarro in the am.
I stayed at Albergue Nuostra Senora Del Camino in Combarro and the owner arranged pack transport for me at short notice in the morning with a local taxi service. It was 5 Euros.
Correos transport to Armenteira and Vilanova de Arousa, but miss out Combarro.

I opted in for the Correos Muchilla Pak service. I hope they are reliable. I booked online and they assigned me a number and I just print out the tags each day telling them where to deliver next and put on my bag. Only $24 euro Pontevedra to Santiago.
Hi Rebecca. How do you print out the tags? I have been wondering about this as I only have my phone.

Hi Rebecca. How do you print out the tags? I have been wondering about this as I only have my phone.
Just write a note by hand either your name email phone ref no and pack destination and transport Co you use.
They will then attach a label, you fill in each day with next destination.

I stayed at Albergue Nuostra Senora Del Camino in Combarro and the owner arranged pack transport for me at short notice in the morning with a local taxi service. It was 5 Euros.
Yes, but if walking from Pontevedra it would be best to stop for lunch in combarro

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
YES! We stayed in the same
Place in Combarro! Carmen is so sweet! We are sitting here in Armenteira having lunch right now? There were a group of young people who did the mass at the monastery and sang! So special!

The coastal route… Combarro around the coast back to Picarano… Tuitrans said no.
From Combarro to Armenteira monestario I used Sinmochillas. Recommended by Carmen at her albergue in Combarro ( hostel nuestra senora). Did it in June 2022. Buon camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
From Combarro to Armenteira monestario I used Sinmochillas. Recommended by Carmen at her albergue in Combarro ( hostel nuestra senora). Did it in June 2022. Buon camino
An you please provide more information on this company? Website? Phone number? Facebook? I have tried to find them but no success.

An you please provide more information on this company? Website? Phone number? Facebook? I have tried to find them but no success.
Email Carmen at the Albergue Nuestra Senora. She will help you.

I may be wrong but I swore in May we used Tui Trans and we did the Espiritual... Even to the Monastery...
I think you are right. I was part of a relay interpretation team for a woman who spoke neither Spanish nor English, and I'm pretty sure that's who we set it up with.

I opted in for the Correos Mochilla Pak service. I hope they are reliable. I booked online and they assigned me a number and I just print out the tags each day telling them where to deliver next and put on my bag. Only $24 euro Pontevedra to Santiago.
We used Correos in May on the Camino Primitivo and were very pleased. We want to use them again in October for the Camino Portugués but it looks like their service begins in Pontevedra, not Porto. Maybe we could use another service from Porto to Pontevedra?

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back