• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Package I sent home to Israel was returned to Santiago-advice?

walksoftly

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese coastal way to Finisterre 2016
Le Puy (2017)
Hi fellow Pelegrinos. I'd appreciate some advice. I walked Le-Puy to Santiago (absolutely amazing experience) and on September 15 sent my Compostelas and a Swiss army knife home to myself in Israel. I just found out that the package arrived in Israel (I never received a notice) and is now back in the Spanish post office in Santiago. I contacted them and they wouldn't resend it, just said to have a friend come get it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Santiago who is planning to come to Israel soon or would resend it to me in Israel. I'd appreciate any ideas of how to get it back. I walked 1515 km this summer and I would really like the souvenir of my trip.
TIA
Tamar

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi fellow Pelegrinos. I'd appreciate some advice. I walked Le-Puy to Santiago (absolutely amazing experience) and on September 15 sent my Compostelas and a Swiss army knife home to myself in Israel. I just found out that the package arrived in Israel (I never received a notice) and is now back in the Spanish post office in Santiago. I contacted them and they wouldn't resend it, just said to have a friend come get it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Santiago who is planning to come to Israel soon or would resend it to me in Israel. I'd appreciate any ideas of how to get it back. I walked 1515 km this summer and I would really like the souvenir of my trip.
TIA
Tamar
Ivar lives there...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
TIA
Tamar
you might also utilize www.sendmybag.com.
I had good/reliable experience with them sending bags/items across continents. on their website you can read up on details.
good luck -

EDIT: am RE-TRACTING my recommendation of the company mentioned above.
For a new shipment needed from USA to europe - their customer-'service' provided me with infomation that was later contradicted -
Result: leaving me in some rather dire-straits that could not be remedied and had me scramble to find an alternative.
they apologised - offered 15$ that i could use for the adjusted shipment (which now was to cost 230$ instead of the initial 150$ as assured). i declined the insult and encouraged them to keep those funds, have a prosecco or two while contemplating the muck-up THEY created.
found another option - and now we shall see how they deliver. Thus far, got straight and clear answers from their customer service and prompt attention that did not loop in circles.
So far so good - will keep updates posted.
Nov 29th, 2017

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I suggest you contact the above mentioned individuals using a PM (Private Conversation) to open a dialog, exchange contact information, coordinate and get things started. Simply go to your user ID on the menu bar, click and click on "conversations" to get started. Then choose "start a conversation...."

There are at least four persons named above who have offered to help, or are situated to help. I am certain all would help if asked.

I suggest you NOT open a public dialog in this thread, so as to protect the privacy of the named persons who offered to help.

Of all of these folks, Ivar (el forum god) regularly mails things purchased in his shop (Casa Ivar) every day, and all around the world. I recall that he has some special postage rates as well. He is also regularly at the main post office on Rua Franco. So they know him on sight. You might start there.

Just a thought, while you are at it, you might purchase some items from Casa Ivar. It MIGHT be that the weight of your souvenirs might generously fall within the postage for the purchased items... Just thinking out loud...

As long as the Correos does not destroy the parcel, and you can authorize a third party to collect it for you, you should be "good to go."

I hope this helps.

I really think that @ivar is the best person to contact as getting your parcel out of the post office without being you will take some doing, but if all else fails, I am also willing to help. Buen Camino de la Vida, SY

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Original Poster left the post and has not returned. Perhaps the problem has been solved!:)

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back