• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Packed For The Rain ?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pack for the climate, dress for the weather. Its someone else's comment, but always apt. Depending a bit on where you are, the climate in Apr will have a reasonable prospect of rain.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
IMG_6772.JPG Yep - last year the Sanabres was wet in April. This is a break in the weather on the way to Campobecerros... along the road from A Gudiña it pelted down from above - with the trucks spraying from the side!

Ya know something, @Hikoi? That picture looks a LOT like the view from the top of Warrior Hill -- in Canada's Quetico Wilderness. (Um, except for the gorse...)

That'll save me the trip then to go and see it!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No more than what I would pack for any long pilgrimage/hiking trip - just a rain jacket.

Expect rain in Galicia for sure. A poncho is fairly compact. I went in late July through Galicia and struck constant drizzle on one day. Not enough to break out the poncho but enough for the wind jacket.The day I arrived in Finisterre was a glorious day. So much so that I was tempted to go out the next day to buy a bikini.When tomorrow arrived however it was cold and wet.

Ya know something, @Hikoi? That picture looks a LOT like the view from the top of Warrior Hill -- in Canada's Quetico Wilderness. (Um, except for the gorse...)
It looks like part of the South Island in NZ because of the gorse! Felt very at home in that area.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Look at it logically, you may never need it on your journey, but the day that the heavens open you'll wish you'll packed it. I never walk anywhere without the rain gear and sometimes it's been ages since I needed it, but mark my words the day I leave it at home, that's the day it'll rain.

Yes, and I vote for a poncho as well. I got mine in Spain on the Camino Norte a few years ago in an agricultural store for 10 euros! Easy to slip on and off. Goes over the rucksack and keeps you dry and at the right temperature as you can wear what you want underneath!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I never walk anywhere without the rain gear and sometimes it's been ages since I needed it, but mark my words the day I leave it at home, that's the day it'll rain.

Yup, me too. And, should that rain turn into soup, I'd only have a fork...:rolleyes::D

Expect rain in Galicia for sure. A poncho is fairly compact. I went in late July through Galicia and struck constant drizzle on one day. Not enough to break out the poncho but enough for the wind jacket.The day I arrived in Finisterre was a glorious day. So much so that I was tempted to go out the next day to buy a bikini.When tomorrow arrived however it was cold and wet.
Yes, it seems like Galicia has bipolar disorder! o_O
Yet when I walked it in May 2015, I had full sun every day, including the coast. Guess I was quite lucky!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It looks like part of the South Island in NZ because of the gorse! Felt very at home in that area.
It does! And a little like the hills south of Dublin too - made me ponder about the type of places the Celtic people ended up in!

I believe a simple poncho would do. One long enough to cover head, front and back yet light enough to not overburden your pack.
As the saying goes, "Improvise, adapt and overcome". !!!!

View attachment 32941 Yep - last year the Sanabres was wet in April. This is a break in the weather on the way to Campobecerros... along the road from A Gudiña it pelted down from above - with the trucks spraying from the side!

Hello Hikoi I would love to have a list of your accommodation and stages.... I am sneaking this in as I know its not on the right thread....Thank you
Susie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Would you pack for wet weather in April on the Sanbres ?

Without a doubt, I would pack rain gear, coat and pants. There is a fair possibility of getting a storm off the Atlantic. In that case the rain would be heavy.

Hello Hikoi I would love to have a list of your accommodation and stages.... I am sneaking this in as I know its not on the right thread....Thank you
Susie
I'd be happy to share it, but I didn't make a list! Just sort of stayed where I felt like it! I'll have to have a look through my notes.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back