• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Packing for Camino VDLP Sept 11-Oct 29

Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP 9/2016
Senda Litoral/Coastal Português 9/2018
We leave in less than a week ,but glaring omissions or where I can cut down? Thank you
Osprey Kyte 36-1451 gm
hip belt with wallet ,phone, passports--550
NB walking shoes--660
Teva walking sandal--478 I have recurring plantar facsitis and need arch support
Clothes:
1 button down long sl, quick dry ,223 ( also for sun or for cooler morning/evening)
Icebreaker merino lightwt tshirts short sl -2 105 each
1 pr zip off pants-303
1pr hiking/lounge/sleep pants--236
3pr socks, 3 underpants, 2 bra--297
sleep shorts ( or sauna/swim?)-89
Rain jacket--300
nano puff jacket,primaloft--306
2 knee braces--95 together ( necessary)
sunhat--98
phone cord and plug--70
rosary -51
sunglasses and extra set of glasses-134
1st aid/blister kit-126
medicines-2 prescriptions for 7 weeks, inhaler,1/2 tube cortisone cream, tiny tube antibiotic cream--164
personal kit:
small bottle dr bronner
comb,towel,tweezer,clipper,toothbrush,tiny tube paste,sunscreen,4 diaper pins,floss,earplugs, hairbandwhich can double as eyecover for night---500
flashlight--78
sleep quilt--518

From skin out--- both pants are water resistant but not waterproof...we will start from Merida---I know it is quite warm now:) but I do get cold easily-and in October in Galicia?--I know the puffy is a luxury...I also will carry water....my husband is walking with me and as he is a foot taller and 65 lb heavier he will prob be carrying some of this, like we can share soap and sunscreen, he will carry the first aid kit prob...I left out rain pants, and light weight capilene tights and ls top...also I decided to leave my ipod and Nook...I still need to put in a journal...Thank you and peace, Pam...at this point the sleep quilt seems heavy but it is what we have at this point and can use for shelter, etc if needed....also we will stay in a mixture of albergues and mostly hostels...our plans at this point which are definately subject to change!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Like always, my comments in italics:

Osprey Kyte 36-1451 gm - Seems a bit on the heavy side, my 58l is just over a kilo ...

sleep shorts ( or sauna/swim?)-89 - leave at home, just sleep in the under wear/shirt you plan to wear the next day. In Europe we don't wear clothes in the sauna (gasp!) and swimming opportunities will be limited in Sep/Oct on the VdlP. In emergency case just pretend your under wear is the latest overseas swimming wear fashion ;-)

Apart of that it looks really good! Well done! Buen Camino, SY

Like always, my comments in italics:

Osprey Kyte 36-1451 gm - Seems a bit on the heavy side, my 58l is just over a kilo ...

sleep shorts ( or sauna/swim?)-89 - leave at home, just sleep in the under wear/shirt you plan to wear the next day. In Europe we don't wear clothes in the sauna (gasp!) and swimming opportunities will be limited in Sep/Oct on the VdlP. In emergency case just pretend your under wear is the latest overseas swimming wear fashion ;-)

Apart of that it looks really good! Well done! Buen Camino, SY
Muchas gracias!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.