• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Packing list review, por favor

WayWalker63

*******please read my revised list further along in this thread, thank you********
Here's my preliminary packing list. I WILL be walking the Francés from somewhere around 15Sep2015- 10Nov2015. Be kind but honest. Is there something that needs to be on the list? Something that needs to come off? I will be 65 and although my body weight would suggest I could carry a lot more I'm aiming for 15lbs max. Keep in mind I will be wearing the pants, boots, 1pr socks, 1pr liners and at least 1 of the shirts and probably the hat and sunglasses while walking most days.

Camino packing list.

#= have $=need

Passport#
Camino passport$
Boarding pass$
Flight itinerary $
Drivers license#
Credit card#
ATM cards#
Euros$ #
Dollars$ For the USA sections of my trip.
Paper and e-copies of documents#
Money belt#
Wallet/change purse#

Glasses #
Sunglasses- inexpensive $
Backpack$
Sleeping bag w/ stuff sack# (REI Sleep sack 55°)
Pillow case
packable day pack#
Trekking poles$

1 skirt or 2nd pair of pants for 'evening' wear
1 hiking pants, can be rolled up#
1 base layer bottom # double as pjs
1 base layer top# double as pjs
2 tech short sleeved t-shirts #
Long sleeved tech shirt $
3 pair undies#
2 bras #? ( if the ones I have work with a backpack, otherwise I'll be on the hunt for new bras)
3 sock liners#
3 mid weight wool socks#

Sandals#
Boots$
fleece lt. weight#
Lt down jacket packable#
Altus raincoat#
Rain pants or gaiters $
Gloves water resistant or proof#
Hat for sun#
buff# and/or buff headband #
Bandana#

iPhone + Charger cord#
Adapter# or European wall charger $
Sink stopper#
Turkish towel # like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AINBQRK/?tag=casaivar02-20
Plastic zip bags#
Diaper pins$
Small Sewing kit#
Duct tape #
Small Swiss Army knife with scissors#
Ear plugs$
A few Dog clips#
Couple S hooks$

body glide sm.$
Lip balm SPF #
Sun screen sm.$
Lt wt flip flops for shower#
Shampoo/body/clothes bar/wash#
Toothbrush #
Toothpaste sm. #
Dental floss sm.#
Sm deodorant$
Sm brush $
Tylenol, Aleve, muscle relaxer?, Tylenol pm ( just a few of each to start)#
Arnica balm sm #
Band aids, tape, gauze pads#
2 Knee braces #
Toe nail clippers# (I can't cut my toenails with scissors)

Maybe:
Sm mascara# trial size.
Just a few of the following to start but will replace as need along the road:
Few tea bags#
Sm. pack nuts$
Sm. pack cookies$
2-3 Granola bars$
chocolate $

I know I have a few months before my walk but I'm Camino dreaming and this is something I can do now.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Here's what I'd leave home:

Euros - I'd just get them at the airport when you fly in from one of the ATM machines. Easy.
Pillow case - Not really necessary imo
1 tech short sleeved t-shirts # - I'd just take one short sleeved shirt
undies - I'd only take 2 pair
sock liners - I'd only take 2 pair
mid weight wool socks - I'd only take 2 pair
Boots - consider wearing lightweight flexible trail runners
Lt down jacket packable - leave it home, you probably won't wear it.
Rain pants or gaiters $ - you don't need these if you have an ALTUS
Sink stopper# - you don't need this
Lt wt flip flops for shower# - instead of two pair of sandals, just take flip flops or crocs and use for both shower and evening
2 Knee braces - do you NEED these? If not, you can buy them all along the way.
Sm mascara# - don't bother
Few tea bags# - buy them all along the camino
Sm. pack nuts$ - ditto
Sm. pack cookies$ - ditto
2-3 Granola bars$ - ditto
chocolate $ - well, you can never have enough chocolate, but it's readily available in Spain

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes Falcon, I was talking about an initial 1-2 day supply and while I might buy these in Spain I'd still have to carry them wouldn't I. It would be something I would feel comfortable having at least 1 or 2 of these items in my pack on a daily basis.
Annie, the € are just a few I have left from a trip to Ireland.
My Tevas don't dry well but I can't walk in flip flops or crocs. If I can mange to find something that will work for both shower and evening shoe but won't leave me walking around in wet shoes I will leave the sandals and the flips at home. Will need to wear socks with what ever I take though.
I don't know yet if I will be walking in boots or trail runners. I'm a hard fit so which ever works best will be what I'll be wearing.
I'm an older lady and wouldn't feel comfortable not having a back up pair of panties.
I will nix the 2nd short sleeved shirt.
I will think about the socks, just worried about how things will dry as it gets into November and Galicia. But I guess I could by an extra pair in a city closer to Santiago if I needed them.
I'm on the fence about the down(alternative) jacket. I live in Fl and as I write this it's about 65° and I'm wearing my lt weight fleece. Don't know how I'd manage in colder temps, especially in the evenings after the sun went down.
Thanks to you both for always kind and thoughtful help.

Last edited:
I like your list! And find you super organised.

Regarding Euros: I have found a place where I live that has a very good exchange rate. So I like to get money there rather than not know what rate I will get when I get to Spain. And if you have them on you, you don't have to find an ATM at the airport to buy your bus ticket. I say take what you have.

Glasses/sunglasses: I now buy Transition lenses for one reason: the Camino ;0) Love the idea of only having 1 pair to have with me rather than two. Something to consider when you next purchase your Rx glasses, should doing the Camino again be something you could be interested in. Pillow case: yes, it's basic hygene. In most albergues bedding does not get changed daily. Love the ones that give you fresh linens from the commercial laundry place, but sadly not on CF. Packable day pack: smart, in case you decide you need to have your regular bag sent ahead of you.

Lg sleeve t: if you are bringing a base layer top, perhaps you can poass on the tech shirt. Bras: I wear my regular bras as the sport ones tend to be bulky and take longer to dry. Rain pants & Altus: absolutely. Last thing you need to to feel the water creeping up your pants to where the Altus would have kept you dry otherwise. Mid-weigh wool socks: I try to go for as thin as possible, especially if wool to have a chance for them to dry.

When you say you cannot walk in Crocs. Why is that? There are many models of Crocs available. Have you looked at all of them? That would be your best combo solution for shower and rest.

Fleece + warm jacket in late October, early November in Galicia ... Could the fleece do the job on its own while you are wearing your base long sleeve t? Only you know how you tolerate cold, but I would try to find other solutions to go without.

Hat for sun: at that time of the year? Not sure it would be necessary, especially if you bring sunscrean.

Sink stopper: yes. Turkish towel? Never heard of it so went to your link. This is tiny: 9x9, so more of a facecloth than towel. Have you used them before? I am concerned because it is cotton, but then again, if it's that small, perhaps cotton is not such a bad thing.

Leave the pocket knife at home: you have your nail clippers. What are dog clips? S hooks with bungy are very useful to tie stuff to the outside of your bag is needed.

If you are planning on the knee braces, and 2 rather than 1, I assume these are something you need.

Bring the mascare sample if you want: I always carry sample bottles of perfume ;0), just leave the hair dryer home ;0) Teabags? For the albergue in the am? They'll have some, and teabags don't travel well, I'm afraid you would get tealeaves all over your things.

Don't you love the planning? It's one of my favourite things about the Camino. Was just out today in a snowstorm to look at walking compression shorts to wear under the Macabi skirt I just ordered ;0)

I looked today, it is only 7€ but I'd like to have a little more than that when I hit the ground, just incase the ATM isn't working or doesn't like my card.
I will look into the transitions lenses if I change glasses between now an then. But I really don't need Rx lenses for just walking around, mostly reading and driving (I don't think I'll be much of that on the Camino).
I really dislike how Crocs feel on my feet and they don't have much support, which my feet need.
I live in FL and get cold easily. I don't know if the base layers and the fleece would be enough, especially towards the end of my walk, November. I will think about this one.
The Turkish towel is rather large but it is thin, dries easily, and can be used in a variety of ways.
Dog clips are these: http://img.aws.ehowcdn.com/618/cme/....com/a0660a5a-a085-4753-8a20-f808963468fa.jpg
Would be useful for hanging the above towel to my bunk for a privacy screen but perhaps not enough uses to justify bringing them. I will think more on these.
S hooks for hanging shower supplies when there isn't a hook in the shower. I've heard they are useful. I will think about the bungee cord.
I will rethink the tops. I am going to try to wear my regular bras, as I love them and hate sports bras with a passion. At my size I can't just wear any old thing. Mine do dry overnight usually even in the bathroom so if they do ok with a pack they are coming with me.
Consider the knife left.
I had knee surgery in May and while vastly improved I'm still a little hesitant to fully trust it. Yes I could buy them over there but is there always going to be a Farmacia just where my knee gives out? Perhaps one will do though.
So far I've 2 yeahs and a nay on the sink stopper so this will go in the I'll think about it catagory for now.
I do love planning. Almost as much fun as the actual trip. Thanks for your input and advice.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In no particular order:

Why the packable day pack? Are you thinking in terms of having your pack transported for you now and then?

The towel looks interesting and probably nicer than the dreaded microfibre towel, but not something I could justify at that price.

Sink stopper - depends as to how much hand washing you intend to do as laundry sinks never have plugs. I found it really wasteful to let all that water go down the drain only lightly used. I shall take one if I walk again.

Dog clips (known as bulldog clips in the UK!) - you could use safety(diaper) pins instead. Pins are really useful for hanging up washing when all the clothes pegs have been used.

I trust that you can walk in your 'evening' trousers. Otherwise you will be in trouble if you wash your walking trousers and they are not dry the next morning.

Undies - I took 4 pairs of cotton ones and although I never used the fourth, it was good to know that it was there. You never know when you are not going to be able to wash things, or if the facilities/weather are such that drying takes forever.

Pillow case. Depends whether you can keep the pillow covered with your sleeping bag or not. I could not and wished I had taken a pillow case especially at albergues where the mattress and pillow were covered in blue plastic. Later in my walk I came across disposable sheets and pillow cases which I made do more than 1 night. If you take a pillow case, be aware that Spanish pillows are long and thin probably about 90cm wide. British pillow cases would be useless.

For emergencies: a small amount of toilet paper or tissues and some plastic bags to take it away. You never know if or when you might get caught short.

This is the day pack I'm talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZHS6JS/?tag=casaivar02-20
Just something to carry my things in after stopping for the day. Or to use while shopping for snacks and such for the next day.
I already have several of the towels. I got them a couple years ago when they were much less expensive.
The 'evening' pants or skirt will be tough enough to walk in if necessary and wear while my walking clothes are drying. The evening label is more a tongue in cheek of referring to the clothes I'll wear after cleaning up at the end of the walking day.
My undies some very lt synthetic ones. The are old so I won't care if they get lost. They pass the wash and dry test. I think 3 will be plenty.
Adding TP and bags to my list.
Still thinking about the pillowcase. I might be able to use something else as a pillow cover.
Thanks for you input.

Last edited:
This is the day pack I'm talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZHS6JS/?tag=casaivar02-20
Still thinking about the pillowcase. I might be able to use something else as a pillow cover.
Thanks for you input.

I have a bag like yours to bring my shopping back home ;0) I also have a sturdier one in case I need to have my backpack shipped for a day or two and I want to carry a sweater, rain gear and water. It lives strapped to my regular bag with these clips, which are also good for having your boots when you've realised you cannot stand wearing them and prefer Crocs sandals ;0) :http://www.mec.ca/fr/product/5026-966/tendeur-elastique-ajustable-knotbone-de-nite-ize/?q=bungie

As for the pillow case, pick up a very thin material at your local shop and make a tube with it, perhaps 3 feet across (lenght of the pillow) and 2 feet (?) in circumference.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I actually have one of the towels that's much thinner material than the one I pictured, too thin to offer much coverage when wet, but it would be almost the perfect size to make into a pillow cover. Hmm!
Almost ready to post the revised list.

I don't like the feel of microfibre towel. I took 2 items to use as towels - one waffle cotton dish towel about 40x60 cm and one standard face cloth. They give the friction of a proper towel, are inexpensive and easily replaced. Typically I would pack away the clean dry dish towel in the morning, use the face cloth for morning wash, and then pin it to my backpack for the day. It was sometimes handy to have a towel during the day and it did not dangle below my backpack when I set it down. I also liked the fact that it was exposed to UV rays instead of getting musty while damp in my pack.

I liked the drawstring type of day pack (Google "drawstring day pack") and made one. Very compact and light. I saw them for sale at the Roncesvalles albergue, if you want a handy souvenir.

I vote no for the sink stopper. It always comes out-of-place for me, anyway. Try washing with it at home a few times.

I found several types of carabiner hooks and clips to be useful for hanging/attaching different things on my backpack and other appendages. Take 5 or 10 diaper pins too.

I would always carry enough Euros to get me started. I hate that pressure upon arrival.

Hi Waywalker63, I think your list looks good. If you bring something you do not have the need for, you can leave it behind for somebodyelse. And if you find that you are missing an item, you can buy it.
I walked the Portuguese Camino in June 2014 and I did bring a skirt for after-walking. But it was too cold in the evenings and I ended up carrying it all the way to Finisterre without wearing it (but not leaving it behind, it was a fine skirt) I think maybe you will be happy with a pair of zip-off trousers.
I just love the planning part even thou I find that it always turns out different. Do not hesitate to ask questions on the Forum, a lot of helpfull and knowledable people around.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Here are my suggestions, but keep in mind I walked in the middle of the Summer--July 3-Aug. 9. So my experience may not match yours. Most of your items are fine, so I'll only comment on the ones I have questions or comments on. As a general note--put everything on an electronic scale and weigh in grams (the smaller units magnify weight differences). More than anything, it will change your packing decisions for the better.

Credit card# Look into foreign transaction fees. We got a new card for the Camino precisely because it did not have them.
ATM cards# Look at fees on using other banks ATMS.

Euros$ # We got in Spain when we landed. They are more expensive here.

wallet/change purse--small Ziploc.

Pillow case--Unnecessary. If you have a sleeping bag, just sleep with your head inside the hood. If you use liners, just get the ones with the built in pillow case (my solution). Or use a shirt.

packable day pack# I questioned this, but if it can be used as an internal organizer in the pack, it is pretty light. My wife used this, which is a bit lighter still. http://flipandtumble.com/shop/247bag/shop247.php

1 base layer bottom # double as pjs--I'm not sure that you are really going to need a base layer that time of year. Check with those who have done the Camino that time, but a friend who did it Sept.-Oct. 2013 said it was quite warm. For PJs, we just wore our clothes.
1 base layer top# double as pjs--same comment

2 tech short sleeved t-shirts #--frankly, I went this route, and if I did it again, I just take two long sleeve shirts whose sleeves could be rolled up. The double shirts are excessive weight and don't help that much.

3 pair undies#--two: wash one, wear one (my wife actually did it with one because she lost her second pair on the third day).

Sandals#--See my recent gear report on a separate thread. If you are going with boots (and that time of the year, I think it might be cool enough--but not in the summer), instead of sandals, I might consider running shoes designed for concrete and asphalt. There is more of that on the Camino than you want to think about, and boots are designed for walking on softer trails. You need one pair of footwear for the rougher paths (boots OR hiking sandals) and one pair for the concrete/asphalt. You have two pairs for the rougher paths and nothing for the concrete/asphalt.
Boots$--

fleece lt. weight#--Not both fleece and down. Just one (probably down--lighter). Use your rain gear as an outer shell and additional warmth layer (that was the only warmth layer I took in the summer).
Lt down jacket packable#--see above

buff# and/or buff headband #--I'd skip the buff and just use bandanas (items with multiple uses are key to cutting weight).
Bandana#

Sink stopper#--unnecessary--I just used a liner sock or bandana.

Turkish towel # like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AINBQRK/?tag=camiforu-20-
I might suggest a pack towel instead. If you are going to use a cotton towel, use your cotton bandanas and save the weight.

Plastic zip bags#--the ones with sliders all broke quickly in my experience. And find at least a couple of two gallon ones (usually not in grocery stores, try Amazon). Very useful for taking dry clothing/electronics/cameras into the shower with you as there is often no dry vestibule.

Diaper pins$--take double. You will lose them.

Duct tape #--wrap around trekking poles

Couple S hooks$--not necessary and heavy. If you really need to hang your pack, use a small piece of rope
Dog clips--ditto.

Lt wt flip flops for shower#--Noty necessary--if you pick of athletes foot fungus, a bit of under arm deodrant wipes it out. We just went barefoot in the shower.

Not on your list:
Pack cover or liner--I'd probably use a trash compactor bag as a liner. That is what all of the ultra light backpackers do.
Flashlight--if you don't plan on getting out early (and dawn comes late that time of year), you might consider just a red pinch light to find your way to the bathroom at night. If you will walk early morning hours, a headlamp with a red light (for inside--avoids waking sleeping pilgrims) would be necessary (lightest is Petzle e+lite).

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino
Jo Jo

Here's my preliminary packing list. I WILL be walking the Francés from somewhere around 15Sep2015- 10Nov2015. Be kind but honest. Is there something that needs to be on the list? Something that needs to come off? I will be 65 and although my body weight would suggest I could carry a lot more I'm aiming for 15lbs max. Keep in mind I will be wearing the pants, boots, 1pr socks, 1pr liners and at least 1 of the shirts and probably the hat and sunglasses while walking most days.

Camino packing list.

#= have $=need

Passport#
Camino passport$
Boarding pass$
Flight itinerary $
Drivers license#
Credit card#
ATM cards#
Euros$ #
Dollars$ For the USA sections of my trip.
Money belt#
Wallet/change purse#

Glasses #
Backpack$
Pillow case
packable day pack#
Trekking poles$

1 skirt or 2nd pair of pants for 'evening' wear
1 hiking pants, can be rolled up#
1 base layer bottom # double as pjs
1 base layer top# double as pjs
2 tech short sleeved t-shirts #
3 pair undies#
2 bras #? ( if the ones I have work with a backpack, otherwise I'll be on the hunt for new bras)
3 sock liners#
3 mid weight wool socks#

Sandals#
Boots$
fleece lt. weight#
Lt down jacket packable#
Altus raincoat#
Rain pants or gaiters $
Hat for sun#
Bandana#

iPhone + Charger cord#
Adapter# or European wall charger $
Sink stopper#
Turkish towel # like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AINBQRK/?tag=casaivar02-20
Plastic zip bags#
Diaper pins$
Small Sewing kit#
Duct tape #
Small Swiss Army knife with scissors#
Ear plugs$
A few Dog clips#
Couple S hooks$

body glide sm.$
Lip balm SPF #
Sun screen sm.$
Lt wt flip flops for shower#
Shampoo/body/clothes bar/wash#
Toothbrush #
Toothpaste sm. #
Dental floss sm.#
Sm deodorant$
Sm brush $
Tylenol, Aleve, muscle relaxer?, Tylenol pm ( just a few of each to start)#
Arnica balm sm #
2 Knee braces #

Maybe:
Sm mascara# trial size.
Just a few of the following to start but will replace as need along the road:
Few tea bags#
Sm. pack nuts$
Sm. pack cookies$
2-3 Granola bars$
chocolate $

I know I have a few months before my walk but I'm Camino dreaming and this is something I can do now.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.
I suggest that you listen to AnnieSantiago's advice.

>I'm not sure that you are really going to need a base layer that time of year

Folks, we Floridians are not used to what you think of as summery temperatures. Anything much below 70 is COLD to us.

As one Floridian to another, take the base layer, WayWalker.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I wouldn't plan to arrive in Galicia in November without a base layer, and I'm Canadian! As you say, they double as pyjamas. You need something dry and warm in the evenings. I loved my merino wool buff in October-November.

great list! Ditch the mascara, squash more tea bags in (no... they weren't everywhere). Instead of a pillowcase, take a sarong - seriously the best travel friend in the universe: pillowcase, bandana, skirt, container... it could do no wrong).
Bien Camino

Reg2450- that was my reasoning behind bringing thr Turkish towel. It is big enough to perform all the functions a pareo/sarong does plus get me dry after a shower.
I don't drink coffee so tea is my go to drink. The mascara comes only if my pack is below target weight and maybe not even then.

C clearly- my thinking exactly.

pudgypilgrim- not ditching the base layers. Possibly the quilted jacket but not the long johns.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bring the knee braces. Why leave them behind only to buy some more when you get to Spain? That would make no sense at all. Not to mention having to hunt around for some that work for you while in Spain. Time that could be better spent seeing the sights.
I would say ditch the rain pants.
Both my Caminos I wore trail running shoes, had a pair of Teva hiking sandals to wear around after I was finished walking for the day, and a pair of the cheapest rubber flip-flops I could find to wear while showering. Like I said before on this forum, I didn't count the flip-flops as a pair of shoes as they were totally weight negligible, I kept them in an outer pocket of my pack and I threw them away in Santiago. Yeah, I could have used the Tevas as shower shoes, but why?
You really don't need to bring snacks with you as they are available everywhere and you can buy some really kick-ass chocolate in Spain. I did bring about a half dozen energy bars (Clif) with me on my second Camino. Mainly for munching on while flying over to Madrid and hanging around the airport and stuff.
You can change up US dollars for Euros in the Madrid airport and as stated before lots of ATM's in towns on the Camino. Make sure you let your credit card company know you will be travelling and using the card.
Have no worries. Don't over analyze it. If you forget anything, or decide you just have to have something, in all likelihood you can find it in a shop in Spain. Some good outdoor stores in SJPdP and Pamplona, not to mention all the other types of shops.

Here is my revised pack list: I think it's better, hope you all do as well.

Camino Pack list.
#= have $=need

This isn't just a packing list but a list of things I think might be in my pack or on my body on a daily basis whether brought from home, or bought in France or Spain.

Walking from around mid September through mid November.

Passport#
Camino passport$
Boarding pass$
Flight itinerary $
Drivers license#
Credit card# CapitalOne
ATM card#
Euros$ # have a few left from Ireland but will get more after landing.
Dollars$ for US portions of the trip
Money belt#
Wallet/change purse#

iPhone (unlocked)+ Charger cord# has flashlight, Kindle/Nook apps, music, audiobooks, camera, etc.
Earbuds#
Adapter #
Glasses #
Backpack$
packable day pack# http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZHS6JS/?tag=casaivar02-20
Trekking poles$

1 skirt or 2nd pair of pants$
1 hiking pants (can roll up) #
1 base layer bottom or leggings # double a pjs and/or pants/tights in the case of the leggings.
1 Base layer top # double as pjs
1 short sleeved tech t-shirt #
1 long sleeved tech shirt $
3 pair undies# (older lady, touchy stomach, I just feel better with an extra pair.)
2 sock liners#
1 lt weight wool socks#
1 mid weight wool socks#

Teva Sandals#
Boots, hiking shoes, or trail runners$ whichever work best for my feet.
fleece lt. weight#
***Lt quilted jacket packable# on the fence about this. Will my fleece be enough for this FL gal, in November in Galicia? (I wore a fleece and a raincoat almost my whole trip to Ireland at about the same time of year.)
Altus raincoat# covers pack
Rain pants$
Hat#
Bandana#

Turkish towel (will take tassels off and hem before trip)# like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AINBQRK/?tag=casaivar02-20 ( can double as sarong)
Plastic zip bags#
Diaper pins$
Small Sewing kit#
Duct tape#
Ear plugs$
Sleeping mask#
2 S hooks$ for shower or other device to keep my things off the floor.

body glide sm.$
Lip balm SPF #
Sun screen sm.$
Shampoo/body/clothes bar/wash$
Toothbrush #
Toothpaste sm. #
Dental floss sm.#
Sm brush $
Tylenol, Aleve, muscle relaxer?, Tylenol pm, arnica tablets ( just a few of each to start)#
1 Knee brace #
Toilet Paper
Hand sanitizer sm.

Maybe:
Sm mascara#only if weight permits

Will start my trip with 1-2 days worth of the following for the trip over, and replenish as needed:
tea bags# I don't drink coffee.
Snacks$

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My thought to some of your items in italics:

Drivers license# - Unless you plan to hire a car, you don't need this.
1 skirt or 2nd pair of pants$ - that time of year I would go for a second pair of pants/trousers
***Lt quilted jacket packable# on the fence about this. Will my fleece be enough for this FL gal, in November in Galicia? (I wore a fleece and a raincoat almost my whole trip to Ireland at about the same time of year.) - Get a second fleece or take a jacket if you are cold easily.
buff# and/or buff headband # -Bandana# - Take only the buff
Duct tape# - unless you travel with older / worn out equipment, you will not need it
Shampoo/body/clothes bar/wash$ - all in one I hope
Dental floss sm.# - makes also for great sewing thread!
Hand sanitizer sm. - Just get used to the germs :cool:
Sm mascara#only if weight permits - nops

Hope that helps and Buen Camino! SY

You've got really great information here from very experienced walkers. But, whatever you do keep the mascara. Everyone needs a little luxury now and then and your war paint will make you feel so good!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.