• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Packing tips and favorite items - what's yours?

why do you not recommend these? they would seem ideal...pants then to shorts and shorts to pants - plus they have the extra pockets. Just curious as to your thoughts...

Another advantage of zip off pants. On my 2014 Camino there was a bit of rain and mud. On most afternoons I would zip off the legs (where the mud and dirt had accumulated) and just wash those. Saved a lot of time and bother.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Favorite and won't do without:
First and foremost is my ukulele. I won't leave home without it.
Headlamp.
Buff. I used it at night to cover my eyes as well as my ears. Blocks out the lights of dimwits leaving the hostel at 4:00 AM and waking everyone else on their way out.
Lightweight sleeping bag. It's a comfort thing. Don't count on bedding at all alburgues.
I always carried a little food: Loaf of bread, cheese, fruit if I could get it and some sliced meat. Spain does great cold cuts. I picked fruit from abandoned fruit trees, they're everywhere if you kow were to look.
Found my trekking poles one at a time in rubbish bins.

why do you not recommend these? they would seem ideal...pants then to shorts and shorts to pants - plus they have the extra pockets. Just curious as to your thoughts...

For Summer shorts will be better, for Winter long trousers will be better - no need to add unnecessary flexibility

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
if you use an umbrella - what about trekking poles if you are going up or down a steep incline?

Simple. Leave your trekking poles at home. If you have no knee problems, you do not need trekking poles. I am 66 years old and going back for my third Camino next year and I don't use trekking poles.

What to leave at home:

Compeed - Makes a mess of your socks and creates blisters around the compeed. Swap out for regular plasters.
Trekking Poles - Not really necessary, will only use in the most extreme of areas and sometimes not use for a week or more.

What to take:

A towel/bag hook for shower door - Wet stuff aint fun
Earplugs - Lack of sleep on the camino will ruin your camino
Small Light - You'll need it in the morning
Scissors/Pen Knife -
Multiple Sleeves/Small bags - Separate clean and dirty stuff
Holey Wash Bag - So you can put your clothes into wash with other people
2€ and 1€ coins - You'll be saving these wherever you can for your washing & drying
Pillowcase - I couldn't sleep on those plastic cases, in summer they make you sweat and in winter imagine are cold.
Bottom Sheet - As above, plastic sheets can be horrid
Season Appropriate Sleeping Bag - Almost every albergue does have extra covers, I'd be inclined to pack a light sleeping bag (I went in summer and only slept in a liner) for weight reasons. If you really are caught out cold, wear your clothes.

What is your handiest packing "hack" and what was your most favorite item you brought on the camino? What say you pilgrims???:D

I have to say my Leatherman tool. I say this because of how much we used it for the entire Camino. It comes with a small case that has a belt loop and is small and compact. Just to say though you need to check it as luggage since it has a few knife blades in it.

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Zip off pants are heavier and bulkier due to the zipper. Also, long pants protect from the sun and burrs and all sorts of prickly plants you may have to push through - lots of that on the Primitivo.

I have to say my Leatherman tool. I say this because of how much we used it for the entire Camino. It comes with a small case that has a belt loop and is small and compact. Just to say though you need to check it as luggage since it has a few knife blades in it.

Buen Camino!
They are handy, & I really needed it a couple times but they are heavy compared to just a knife. I got along without it. I called Leatherman to see if I could get a custom tool with just a blade, cork screw, & pliers but they don't do that. I also checked my pack just so I could not have any issues with getting my poles or knife being taken. I am not concerned as much about size of the pack as many others. I like having space to put everything inside. I know I can easily reduce my pack to 33l, yet for convenience my 48l was great.
After walking we each define what is needed, yet there are items that simply make the experience a little better. After all it is on our individual backs. I think for those that have not walked with a pack the standard of 10% of the persons body weight or less is still the best advice. If you won't check your bag then you can purchase everything you need as you go, if you want a knife or poles. Or if in the extreme case your bag gets lost or torn so badly it is unusable. If you can't find everything in SJPDP You will find the rest in Pamplona.

Simple. Leave your trekking poles at home. If you have no knee problems, you do not need trekking poles. I am 66 years old and going back for my third Camino next year and I don't use trekking poles.

Compeed - Makes a mess of your socks and creates blisters around the compeed. Swap out for regular plasters.
Trekking Poles - Not really necessary, will only use in the most extreme of areas and sometimes not use for a week or more.
It's so individual!
Poles--a good example of the perennial exchange of opinion here. I really need them (and it has nothing to do with knees), marbuck and sarah don't. But we can't tell you if you do based on our experiences. You have to try them for yourself and see.
Compeed has the same devoted lovers and haters! We can go back and forth at length about both these things (and much more as you may have noticed).;)
But it's really great to see all sides, so you can make a better informed decision.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I heard that all the young guides in the Alps use poles because they see how both their fathers and grandfathers suffer with their knees. Prevention is better than cure.

I used to walk in Craghoppers Kiwi Pro trousers, which are nice and stretchy and can be folded up to knee length. I never wear shorts anyway. I can see how some people like zip-offs, but they usually weigh a bit more than plain trousers, the zips can chafe against the skin and if you forget one or both legs you are left with shorts. Also extra pockets means extra drying time .. just my impression. After dithering for many years I took the plunge and now walk in running tights (one long, one short) and a knee-length skirt. The tights dry quicker than trousers and the skirt isn't as close to she skin so doesn't need washing every day. Saves weight too. Works for me!

... and to get back to the original topic: My favourite item right now is my pretty, practical, comfortable and lightweight skirt! Also I never, never go anywhere without multi-useful nail scissors (not clippers) and my Altus poncho.

I opted not to use trekking poles or a walking stick. Strictly a personal preference. I didn't regret not having them, but I have good knees and good balance.
I h
Yay, Ive been waiting to hear someone say this. I will be tuning 60 before my Camino and and I have never had knee or ankle problems. I have never walked with poles and now, I think I will leave them at home.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I h

Yay, Ive been waiting to hear someone say this. I will be tuning 60 before my Camino and and I have never had knee or ankle problems. I have never walked with poles and now, I think I will leave them at home.
Good luck with that Joodle. I hope it works out for you. I was a sceptic re sticks, and only bought a pair (Leki Eagle) at the last minute on the recommendation of the guy who sold me my pack. Day 1 on the Route de Napoleon (April 8) in snow, mud, loose stones, steep descents, etc. turned me into a convert. My knees and ankles are fine, and I have good balance, although I am quite tall. I had never walked with a pack before, and it does change your "tip" angle. Yes, the sticks did spend a fair bit of time attached to my pack, however there were many occasions when they were indispensable (for me, that is). I will be turning 60 next year also, and I will definitely be taking my Leki's on my second CF. Buen Camino.

Good luck with that Joodle. I hope it works out for you. I was a sceptic re sticks, and only bought a pair (Leki Eagle) at the last minute on the recommendation of the guy who sold me my pack. Day 1 on the Route de Napoleon (April 8) in snow, mud, loose stones, steep descents, etc. turned me into a convert. My knees and ankles are fine, and I have good balance, although I am quite tall. I had never walked with a pack before, and it does change your "tip" angle. Yes, the sticks did spend a fair bit of time attached to my pack, however there were many occasions when they were indispensable (for me, that is). I will be turning 60 next year also, and I will definitely be taking my Leki's on my second CF. Buen Camino.
Thanks a lot! now I've got to rethink this.:confused: I guess the best thing is just to get out there with them on some rough trails and get good at using them properly. :D

If your a non drinker, be aware of those darn Aussies, Germans, Norwegians, Italians, Irish, Americans, Mexicans, Candians, Brits, Scott's, Spanish & Brazilians.
Don't say you weren't warned :)

If I left out any please feel free to add "them" in. I don't want to have anyone feeling left out.
Buen Camino
Kiwis you forgot he kiwis!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks a lot! now I've got to rethink this.:confused: I guess the best thing is just to get out there with them on some rough trails and get good at using them properly. :D
Good idea Joodle. There is a technique to using them for maximum benefit. You will see a lot of walkers who haven't a clue. Just Google it. You can always leave them at home, or at an albergue, if you find they are not for you.

I'm so boring with this. Hat, coat, scarf, skirt, shoes, walking stick, ultra light sleeping bag, opinel knife. Would never again walk without those.

I have never had knee or ankle problems. I have never walked with poles and now, I think I will leave them at home.

I had only once (one day!) before walked with a walking stick. Bought one in St Jean because I had no idea how difficult the way across the pyrenees would be (would not have needed it, but definitely made things easier along the way!) Now, after having walked with it for such a long time on the camino, it feels like missing a limb when I walk without it. I have no problems at all with knees or ankles, jumped from rock to rock in sandals on some paths where others chose to go on the road. Still loved the stick. Maybe give it a try?

Last edited:
I took the plunge and now walk in running tights (one long, one short) and a knee-length skirt. The tights dry quicker than trousers and the skirt isn't as close to she skin so doesn't need washing every day. Saves weight too. Works for me!
well I never thought about this kind of set up but it certainly sounds comfy! :) I may have to check into running tights w/ a skirt! hmmmm....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Tights and skirt works well. On colder days wear both, when it's warmer, skirt only. Highly recommend that!

Good idea Joodle. There is a technique to using them for maximum benefit. You will see a lot of walkers who haven't a clue. Just Google it. You can always leave them at home, or at an albergue, if you find they are not for you.

This is really good advice. I saw so, so many people using sticks incorrectly - mostly so incorrectly they would have been getting no benefit from them whatsoever. Tappety-tappety-tap they went, just annoying to watch! There are lots of online videos showing correct technique. It's not about having knee or ankle problems necessarily, but how they can help your whole body, and sure they're not for everyone. Only way to know is to try them out on some of your training walks. try on a number of walks before deciding - they can be awkward at first. I had never walked with sticks before training for the camino, but I used them every step of the way (I had Pacerpoles) and couldn't imagine having been without them. Even on flat paths they seemed to make a difference - some of it admittedly may have been psychological! But it's essential to use them correctly or they are just dead weight - and can even be a hazard.

Just to respond to the OP, my favourite items, in no particular order:
1. My pack itself - Osprey Stratos 36. Very comfy, and love the trampoline back.
2. My walking sticks - Leki Eagle.
3. Long compression tights and top (base layer) - I use SKINS brand, but there are plenty of others. Wore them 24 x 7. Invaluable for this old codger.
4. iPhone 6+ Phone, camera, Internet, music, etc., all in one "small" package with a screen big enough for my eyes to read easily.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Good luck with that Joodle. I hope it works out for you.

And on flat easy ones too! Once you get the hang of using them correctly, it feels like being on a moving sidewalk--you can go for longer, more easily, and with much less wear and tear on the body. Plus there's an extra pair of legs for gnarly downhills, and to pull yourself up on the uphills. You will have beautiful arm and shoulder muscles afterwards, too--it tones everything.
I hated my poles at first--for about an hour. But I'm so glad to have kept an open mind, because my first Camino was a lot harder without them--and it was half the length. Somewhere I read they reduce energy expenditure (and impact stress on joints?) by up to 25%...not sure of the absolute accuracy of that number, but it certainly feels so!
There is a technique to using them for maximum benefit.
Check out this thread for starters and see where it leads you; it's got a video:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-pole-that-is-the-question.36308/#post-341970

And on flat easy ones too! Once you get the hang of using them correctly, it feels like being on a moving sidewalk--you can go for longer, more easily, and with much less wear and tear on the body. Plus there's an extra pair of legs for gnarly downhills, and to pull yourself up on the uphills. You will have beautiful arm and shoulder muscles afterwards, too--it tones everything.
I hated my poles at first--for about an hour. But I'm so glad to have kept an open mind, because my first Camino was a lot harder without them--and it was half the length. Somewhere I read they reduce energy expenditure (and impact stress on joints?) by up to 25%...not sure of the absolute accuracy of that number, but it certainly feels so!

Check out this thread for starters and see where it leads you; it's got a video:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-pole-that-is-the-question.36308/#post-341970
I have started working out on my concept 2 rower again. It works the whole body, from the shoulders, all the way down to the calves. With doing about 7,000 meters 4 das a week and walking increasing distances, I should be ready for my Camino in September, and be ready for hiking poles. I want to lose 15 lbs before I go. I've got to fit back into my hiking pants. :(

You go, girl! Your camino has definitely begun.;)
May the pants slide on with ease very soon--and if not, there's always the skirt option. The Macabi skirt has quite a following here on the Forum and am surprised no-one's mentioned it in this thread (or maybe I missed it).

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You go, girl! Your camino has definitely begun.;)
May the pants slide on with ease very soon--and if not, there's always the skirt option. The Macabi skirt has quite a following here on the Forum and am surprised no-one's mentioned it in this thread (or maybe I missed it).
I'm designing my own trekking skirt. If it turns out well, i'll post a picture. I used to make my daughters Prom dresses, so I think I can pull off a hiking skirt. I just think the Macabi skirt is a bit strange looking. No offense meant.

Even though I am not Scottish the Kilt idea is calling my name. I will test it in the backcountry before I try it on the Camino. It's a culture old man thought change.

For my spring Camino, I think my favourite pieces of gear - besides my ScotteVest - were my arm warmers; the kind that cyclists wear. I could pull them on when I was cold, and pull them off when I was too warm, without having to take off my pack.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If your a non drinker, be aware of those darn Aussies, Germans, Norwegians, Italians, Irish, Americans, Mexicans, Candians, Brits, Scott's, Spanish & Brazilians.
Don't say you weren't warned :)

If I left out any please feel free to add "them" in. I don't want to have anyone feeling left out.
Buen Camino
Is that in order of merit? I would feel comforted to think I can deal with it from experience.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@Lachance : In Norwegian a small phrase book, the kind you bring when going to a country where you don't speak the language, is called 'parlør', from the French word parler, to speak. I think this is what @alexwalker means.

The sharp-eyed followers of this thread will look to the left <- and see that I am always wearing my umbrella on the camino. An Australian bush hat keeps the sun off all around, keeps the rain off all around not collapsing when wet, and has the positive extra over ponchos in that 1) you do not become a walking sauna, and 2) more importantly, ones glasses do not fog over as one stumbles through the drops and the mud. True it is somewhat gender orientated but I'm never without.

The sharp-eyed followers of this thread will look to the left <- and see that I am always wearing my umbrella on the camino.

As am I. My felt wide-brim is a god-send. In the rain I wear a pancho to cover my clothes and backpack, but no need for additional cover of my punkin' head.

I do have a ventilated Tilley for summer walking.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have heard this from others...I am considering taking a look at them.
Things may have changed but, when I bought my arm warmers, they were available in just one size. I had to take in the tops a bit so they would fit snugly on my upper arms. :)

The sharp-eyed followers of this thread will look to the left <- and see that I am always wearing my umbrella on the camino. An Australian bush hat keeps the sun off all around, keeps the rain off all around not collapsing when wet, and has the positive extra over ponchos in that 1) you do not become a walking sauna, and 2) more importantly, ones glasses do not fog over as one stumbles through the drops and the mud. True it is somewhat gender orientated but I'm never without.
You know what they say in the trade when it comes to gear for women: "just pink it up!"

1) Upper layering system : Merino/poly tee shirt + Columbia backpacking shirt + ultralight wind jacket (Patagonia Houdini). This combination was comfortable in near freezing temps (~35F) all the way up to quite hot (> 90F). In the cold, the wind jacket prevents rapid cooling from wind, and the merino provides warmth even when damp with sweat or rain (and it resists stink better than any tech fabric). In the heat, I just used whatever layers were required. I also brought merino arm warmers, but never needed them even on the really cold days.

2) Go-lite backpacking umbrella (in spite of my son teasing me that I looked like a satellite dish and that the family could track me on satellite images. Good for rain protection; really good for sun.

3) A 9 gram Photon II micro light with a red LED. This allowed me to pack in the early morning or navigate the alburgue in the dark without disturbing those around me or destroying their night vision. Nothing worse than trying to sleep when the early bird (no matter how quiet) blinds you with a headlamp or flash light. I only used my headlamp once on a really early start, but I used the red Photon all the time. I kept it on a thin cord around my neck, along with a mini Swiss Army knife (which I used a lot when making lunch on the trail) and an 8 gram emergency whistle.

4) A "G.I." can opener. Only needed it once, but at 9 grams I was glad I brought it.

5) My Fitbit with the built-in vibrating alarm.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Another advantage of zip off pants. On my 2014 Camino there was a bit of rain and mud. On most afternoons I would zip off the legs (where the mud and dirt had accumulated) and just wash those. Saved a lot of time and bother.
Agreed 100%. And, for the negligible weight of a zipper, I had the convenience of shorts for the handful of times that I wanted them.

And, for the gram counters out there, two pairs of convertible shorts with one pair of zip on legs weighs less than two full sets of non-convertible pants . . .

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The vibrating alarms on Fitbits, Jawbones, etc. are phenomenal. I only wear mine on Camino and mostly for that since now I know that on a typical day I walk 30 000 steps. Your bunk and dorm buddies will thank you for it!

My top 3 to bring that I would pick over all else (aside from the obvious items)
: 1) Leukotape (had a blister free Camino thanks to that ) I order it on Amazon. (the Leukplast tape in Spain was not the same)
2) Hiking poles (prevented me many times from tripping AND great for your knees)
#) I pod...for music, pictures, video's and internet.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Plastic see through bags for when it rains on the Camino and boy, does it rain at times!! We take about 6 of them and they weigh next to nothing at the bottom of the rucksack. If bad weather is forecast, I pack everything in them and can see exactly what I've packed in each bag instead of constantly rooting around in non see through ones. On our first Camino we were not prepared and on the day we entered Santiago were so soaked that new clothes had to be bought!! Also a few sandwich bags for mobile phones,small diary etc. Always too my little iPad for skyping family. And defenitely our iPods for music. Oh and our kindles with a few good books on them. A lot of favourite things I know!
How much did your pack weigh?

A couple of things, ok, more than a couple, that I don't wbox - ant to miss on a pilgrimage:

Sarong - Doubles as pretty much everything, towels, skirt, to wrap my clothes in in my backpack (packing sacks are heavy).
Leggings - For added warmth under my hiking trousers and to be decently dressed when everything else is washing/drying
Tupperware - To keep that tomato from becoming sauce during the day and as a general food storage.

Buen Camino! SY

Even better than Tupperware - Lock & Lock tubs ( http://locknlock-usa.com/ ) have latches and a sealing ring. I use a stubby round one that holds a big, fat beefsteak tomato and doubles as a drinking cup

Even better than Tupperware - Lock & Lock tubs ( http://locknlock-usa.com/ ) have latches and a sealing ring. I use a stubby round one that holds a big, fat beefsteak tomato and doubles as a drinking cup

Nice! What do they weight compared to Tupperware and similar? Buen Camino, SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mostly helpful down hill

ewwwww...tomato sauce in the backpack NOT GOOD! haha!
never would have thought to bring a container - thanks SY
I have heard good things about bringing a sarong! multiple uses...
Yes small light container/or 2, and. Few zip-lock small 'glad' bags for leftovers that are dry... Nuts/sugar/ whatever. A little bubble wrap for a precious souvenir. Buen Camino

I am reading the blogs as far as ponchos go. ponchos vs. rainjackets and pack covers. There a lot of info out there about each one. I am leaning towards poncho.
Poncho, rain coat... Doesn't matter. you're going to get wet. Be sure and keep dry clothes DRY to change into in the evening. Do this by putting the most important items to be kept dry ie. sleeping bag, sox, shirt, pants or long johns in a heavy duty trash bag. Forget the pack cover heavy and useless. It doesn't just rain in Spain on the plain. It buckets in Galicia.
Other important items: headlamp and ukulele.
Buen Camino!

my little Lonely Planet Spanish Phrase book that I used when I was sick. Translated and wrote down my symptoms for the emergency clinic when I went in with what ended up being pneumonia!!
Firstly thumbs up for me: I just realised how to reply to part of a comment. YES!
I have a smartphone which acts as so many things as mentioned earlier. I also use the Google Translate app if needed and only had to on 1 occasion in September at the Farmicía buying something that would not be contraindicated for my husband's medication for Dementia. This was vital. But Google translate came to the party. So I won't ever need a phrase book again.

Oh and an 'S' shaped hook (made from a coat hanger) for over the shower door for when there are no hooks/plastic stools in the cubicle, which often happens. If nothing else, it held my passport, money belt and iPhone inside a small dry sac. I was traveling alone most of the time on my 2nd Camino, so had no-one to look after these items.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Did anyone mention hand sanitizer? I could have avoided two days of diarrhea halfway through the Camino. About half the restrooms don't have soap.

Did anyone mention hand sanitizer? I could have avoided two days of diarrhea halfway through the Camino. About half the restrooms don't have soap.
And small packets of tissues which can easily be bought in Spain. Carry one in your pocket because many places, particularly in the last 100 kms, due to numbers, don't have toilet paper. I found in September that it was much busier than 2011 and more people lining up to use toilets at cafes. Limited staff were busy serving food.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
But Google translate came to the party. So I won't ever need a phrase book again.
I have numerous translation apps on my iPhone but was also using the Lonely Planet book as my "try to learn some more Spanish phrases" book before I left on my camino.

My favourite item is the elasticated twisted washing line with large plastic hooks at each end.No need for pegs or pins,and no worries when all drying spaces full.There is one problem,you have to keep an eye on it as it can be attractive to others.On one occasion,having removed the dry items and taken them indoors,I returned to find my remaining washing adorning a bush and my line displaying a collection of ladies frilly pants a student group had washed.Being a gentleman (or a coward perhaps) I lay resting in the sunshine until the line was empty,and never left it unattended again.

... On one occasion,having removed the dry items and taken them indoors,I returned to find my remaining washing adorning a bush and my line displaying a collection of ladies frilly pants a student group had washed.Being a gentleman (or a coward perhaps) I lay resting in the sunshine until the line was empty,and never left it unattended again.

Just enjoying the view? *Runs and hides* SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
. . . I returned to find my remaining washing adorning a bush and my line displaying a collection of ladies frilly pants a student group had washed.Being a gentleman (or a coward perhaps) I lay resting in the sunshine until the line was empty . . . . .

Good man. It's that ol' 'pilgrim spirit' that makes one more tolerant and forgiving. ;):D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You made me/us giggle, that is a good reason, or? :) SY
So glad you enjoyed it,but in truth I actually fell asleep laid on the grass(It had been a long walk)and awoke with red knees,shins and nose,so I felt a bit embarrassed that I may have provided a static comic display then as well.In the spirit of the Camino I would never refuse use of the 'line' to anyone,as I have received many 'good deeds'from fellow. pilgrims.

I would never refuse use of the 'line' to anyone,as I have received many 'good deeds'from fellow. pilgrims.

I have a clothesline made from parachute cord that I use when there isn't any room on the albergue clotheslines. When I have to use it I often come back and find other peoples clothes on my line and I just leave it until later when it's empty.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A Swiss Army knife, don't leave home without it. The blade for making lunches and the corkscrew for opening a bottle of wine at the end of the day. The Spanish have not yet adopted the Australian screw cap on wine bottles.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back