• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"Packup" app for hikers etc.

Friend from Barquinha

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
News about this app, developed to help outdoorspeople pack, was on one of our local news sites today.

I thought all of you packing for your caminos might find it useful:

"It’s all these [packing] mishaps that inspired Burk and two friends, Mack Carson and Tony Mamo, to create an app aimed at helping outdoor enthusiasts prepare and plan for their trips to ensure they never forget an important item again.

Their app, packup, allows users to organize their trips in one location and generate packing lists based on the activity, whether it’s hiking, kayaking, skiing, bikepacking, climbing or another adventure. Users can share packing lists to ensure everyone knows who is bringing a communal item, like a tent or stove. They can also input their specific gear to the app’s “gear closet” to create custom packing lists."

"The app was initially web-based and could be used on a browser on a phone or computer. It launched last week on the Apple app store and Google Play for androids. The team intends to keep the app free, but might create a premium paid version later on with extra features."

Bom caminho!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the info. I haven’t downloaded it (and I probably won’t), but my immediate thought is that it appears like a solution in search of a problem – but if it can help someone, then why not? :)

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.