• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Padrón Peppers!!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Pimientos de Padrón, I love them!
Often served in meals on Camino de Invierno too.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I consumed so many Pimientos de Padrón in Galicia I thought I would turn green. So simple and delicious. Paired with a chilled glass of white wine and the end of the Camino reward program continues. And, if you are in the USA, you do not have to grow them yourself. The Japanese equivalent, Shishito peppers, are grown in California and in the Yakima valley of Washington State. They are a regular item in the pepper section of Uwajimaya. Spain is never far away...

You can also order them from tienda.com but they are seasonal, so not always available. I bought a couple bags - fried one and froze the other for later. They were delish with a bit of sea salt on them.....also with a nice crisp Rosado wine.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you are Australian, don't be tempted to bring in the seeds or parts of the peppers without declaring them and getting them assessed by Quarantine; the bio-security risk is stem blight and a virus that affects tomatoes as well as capsicums.

If you are Australian, don't be tempted to bring in the seeds or parts of the peppers without declaring them and getting them assessed by Quarantine; the bio-security risk is stem blight and a virus that affects tomatoes as well as capsicums.
You can buy the seeds here in Australia from Diggers!

Good. If they are imported, the Diggers seeds would have been through an assessment process. We ddi the same for achachairu seeds from Bolivia. If you declare it is all good. Sometimes they get irradiated or put through a cleaning process.

Back to the topic! Are the Diggers seeds called Padron Peppers?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good. If they are imported, the Diggers seeds would have been through an assessment process. We ddi the same for achachairu seeds from Bolivia. If you declare it is all good. Sometimes they get irradiated or put through a cleaning process.

Back to the topic! Are the Diggers seeds called Padron Peppers?
They are called ‘capsicum padron’

I like them, and eat them fairly regularly since we can buy them in the UK but so far I have yet to find a hot one.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.